Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Asks Community for Direction & Focus Priorities - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFuncom Asks Community for Direction & Focus Priorities - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - Funcom devs have posted a cool new survey to ask the Conan Exiles community what they would like to see the team focus on next. Questions include where players would like to see development go next, what currently existing features could be improved upon and what tech aspects need improvement.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Bring in " Bar Room brawling " and lift my perma ban for asking about it ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited April 2017
    I just want NPC's to raid the shit out of my base and try to destroy it,also add new dangerous mob types to the game and make it way more hazardous to explore the world,  that's it, add that and Ill be happy.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Help!!! We have no direction!!! Isn't asking the community usually a recipe for failure?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    well, I can't fill out that survey as I'm not a current or former player, what I'd like to see is a plan to move out of EA and into a "released" state, and a clear definition of what that means to them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    hope they make enough money with this game and the secret world overhaul to make a new anarchy online game. I must admit, funcom made games i really loved and that have been AO and AoC.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    completed survey :-)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited April 2017
    goboygo said:
    I just want NPC's to raid the shit out of my base and try to destroy it,also add new dangerous mob types to the game and make it way more hazardous to explore the world,  that's it, add that and Ill be happy.
    Which would probably happen while you're offline and you'll wake up every day with a door missing or a floor missing or your garden gone or w/e. Every day just rebuilding to make it look like yesterday.

If they stick true to their words though (which I doubt...no sandbox has ever done this) and disable offline raiding...well...that would change the game. Most scrubs of society will wait until you log off...they'll literally camp you out until you log off to raid you. The mere thought of another man in their presence scares them.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Kyleran said:
    well, I can't fill out that survey as I'm not a current or former player, what I'd like to see is a plan to move out of EA and into a "released" state, and a clear definition of what that means to them.
    They advertised that they expect to be a year in EA before release. I think it's fair to give them that year before we start criticizing.

AI is a very important aspect for me. I hope they spend a lot of time with that along with expanding the world.

IMHO they should drop the survival tag and go with MORPG

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I hope it's a new trend.  Every MMO should put out a single player version.  Smart move.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    New trend? AoC has an at-will toggle single player mode since almost a decade now... (Tortage night-time)
    And Exiles is no MMO, not even Funcom calls it that :wink:

But I agree, that's why I welcomed Garriot's SotA announcement years ago, the single player mode. Man, that was long ago, and SotA is still just... khm... I wouldn't say crap but... :wink: 

"Every MMO sandbox should put out a single player version." (fixed)
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    We want Anarchy Online 2 but we said that 10 years ago already.
    Look what youve done Funcom.
    Now you ask again ?
    lol ..
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Advice:

Build a survival game that is more than the usual dig-build-fight-eat-drink-die-dig-build-fight-eat-drink-die-just-with-a-different-skin

Oops, too late.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Get rid of offline raiding and ill buy it

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Going to have to agree with the general consensus, they do these surveys and nothing comes from it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    After the fact is not the way to do business,you need to convey that SHARING idea BEFORE the game is set in stone.
    I am not playing any very shallow gamer's,i am looking for in depth games,so that means from the ground up a solid design,not just an open world with some players in it.

I keep saying this,EVENTS i mean REAL events not like the crap GW2 was trying to pan off.The ONLY game i see in the entire world,that is literally thousands of studios that comes remotely close to events is that new game on the horizon Ashes something or other.However that is not quite what i am looking for in regards to events,i want very distant tribes to gather forces and sweep the land attacking everything it encounters.

BVut wait not so fast  and not so simple, i want there to be noticeable reason to why and the results of.There is Soooo much a dev  can do with events it is endless as long as the developer has some creativity and thought.Example good/bad neutral factions,NPC ones,this is why i always laugh at games trying to sell me 3 player factions,that is such a lazy ass effort i wouldn't play a 3 faction game if was last game on earth.
    So perhaps a good faction will come to player aid or 2 evil faction tribes will fight each other if they cross paths.
    I could go on and on with just events,but my point is by creating several npc factions,you bring players TOGETHER to help each otehr instead of always the lazy design push to simple flag everyone for pvp.

Bottom line is a low budget game is NOT fooling anyone,well maybe a some,but when i see a very low budget game,it needs a lot more than a simple few months of work,it needs likely 2 years of work.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    rawfox said:
    Now you ask again ?
    lol ..
    If you're anything like the average poster here I think what you really want is just Anarchy Online, otherwise you'll get EQ2 and moan about it long past it's peak.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Dagon13 said:
    rawfox said:
    Now you ask again ?
    lol ..
    If you're anything like the average poster here I think what you really want is just Anarchy Online, otherwise you'll get EQ2 and moan about it long past it's peak.
    True, we really want AO with great graphics, not a totally different game with AO name attached to it.
  • penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174
    @Elsabolts: Really? Do you truly believe they perma-banned someone for asking for something? C'mon. Be smarter than that, fess up, and then ask for your ban to be lifted. No one here is naïve enough to believe that fairy tale.
  • DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Elsabolts said:

Bring in " Bar Room brawling " and lift my perma ban for asking about it ?

Yeah right. Looking on your trolling og Funcom products the last decade I do not believe you.

Conan Exiles is an exelent game BTW. You should try it.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Not much of a big deal. Failcom has done multiple surveys in all their games, know what happens? They do what they want anyway.

Agreed.

Failcom doesnt care about the customers.

How they look though... They will be able say that they are listening to the community.

When , in fact. They don't care.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They don't listen anyway.

black777 said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Not much of a big deal. Failcom has done multiple surveys in all their games, know what happens? They do what they want anyway.

Agreed.

Failcom doesnt care about the customers.

How they look though... They will be able say that they are listening to the community.

When , in fact. They don't care.

Completely disagree. Grow up.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Why does he need to "grow up" for making a statement based on passed actions of the company?

How about YOU grow up and elaborate why you "completely disagree" and back it with some information that refutes the statements.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Believe it or not its true, AOC three months in asked on there forums got a perma ban. and I did not get shity. When would the Bar Room brawling be added ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited April 2017

Why does he need to "grow up" for making a statement based on passed actions of the company?

How about YOU grow up and elaborate why you "completely disagree" and back it with some information that refutes the statements.

We have been through it several times before. Someone mention bar brawl up here, and someone are quick to fill in with "broken promises". If you don't understand that you in a development cycle have several ideas on the table, maybe even pursuit several of those ideas into development, before it get scraped, as in it simply did not end up as fun as first though of... Well, then I would claim your experience as a gamer is low. Low as in being new to gaming or at least new to mmorpgs. Everything I have written here has been written a billion times before. Of all the companies you want to claim "broken promises" to you choose Funcom. Funcom has 3 MMOs running for decades now. AO close to 15 years now is it?, AoC close to 10 years now is it? TSW is 5 years this year.. Have anyone been as faithfull to the genre as Funcom? can you name one company?

So yeah.. Grow up. MMOs are just games, and I think Funcom has tended to their MMOs better than most other companies. Funcom are way past the line where you can call for broken promises.
    Post edited by DaSpack on

The Ultimate Breakdown