Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Killing Vox

OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
I am playing a  level 24 Dragon Knight and after about 10 deaths just gave up trying to kill Vox.  I have watched a number of videos and none lends itself to killing her as a melee player.  3 of her 6k hits are just death.  My knockdown does not affect her and you cannot run away as she cast slow on you.  One of those solo only events that is just flat impossible with a normal character.

One of the big reasons I stopped playing this game.  Some of the solo events are just not fun like this one.  The game is a MMO, all events should be doable by a group!  Just bad design on their part.

Regret I wasted the money resubscribing as just another example of why I avoid this game.

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Are you giving anything away ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I can't believe people are still having issues with Vox.

Are you using some form of Dragon's blood or anything else for self healing? Are you blocking, dodging and interrupting?

Anyone who fails this or any other solo boss fight in this game typically does so because they just want to duke it out going full offense with no thought of defense.

She may have been over-tuned (as a few fights were) back in the spring of 2014 but there is really nothing difficult about this fight these days.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    just think how good it will feel when you finally beat her? don't give up, soon you will be complaining because the solo content is too easy. i sometimes turn off CP just so the solo content is fun again.

still not the same though. i do plan on making a warden and turning off CP for as long as i can tolerate it lol
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    When I first started playing the bosses were murder, if you didn't have your build together or your playstyle was off they would wipe the floor with you.  It wasn't usual to get defeated 8 to 10 times on some bosses until I beat them.  Compared to the first year of the game the bosses are a lot easier because people complained about them.  But don't give up, keep trying different skills and different tactics until you succeed.   When all else fails you could usually wear them down by kiting with a healing staff, just don't get to far away or they might reset.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, what exactly is your build?

I killed her first try and thought it was way too easy.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Ozmodan said:

I am playing a  level 24 Dragon Knight and after about 10 deaths just gave up trying to kill Vox.  I have watched a number of videos and none lends itself to killing her as a melee player.  3 of her 6k hits are just death.  My knockdown does not affect her and you cannot run away as she cast slow on you.  One of those solo only events that is just flat impossible with a normal character.

One of the big reasons I stopped playing this game.  Some of the solo events are just not fun like this one.  The game is a MMO, all events should be doable by a group!  Just bad design on their part.

Regret I wasted the money resubscribing as just another example of why I avoid this game.

If you are having issues with Vox then you should see dopplegangers in action;-)

Seriously tho hard to give any tip with no knowledge what kind of melee you are playing (heavy armour or cloths for instance) but if you did it right then you should already have access to Dragon Blood and Obsidian Shield for better defence (while not sacrificing your attack abilities)