Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DnL beastiary

Comments

• Rad_RooferRad_Roofer Member Posts: 153

very very awesome

I get more and more excited every day!!!

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.simulatedsports.com

http://www.hattrick.org

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

http://www.darkandlight.net/article.php3?id_article=583

ZOURIT   by Satange

Type, Characteristics : Sea mollusc - Zourit (Octopus)
    Oviparous
    Carnivorous, eats waste, corpses and shellfishes mostly.
    As large as a big octopus.

Lieux de vie :
    Lives in the sea, in shallow waters, on a rocky bottom.
    Solitary.

High Rez image

http://www.darkandlight.net/images/bestiaire/zourit.jpg

Attitude :
    Diurnal, nocturnal
    Exceptional ability to mimick its environment: can dissapear into its surroundings.
    The Zourit likes land creatures a lot, especially when they have two legs. When it spots one, it swims towards him or her and wraps its sucker tentacles around them. At times, the target of this not so-affectionate hug cannot move at all and may drown; then the forever-loving Zourit patiently waits for its new friend to decay, then devours it. This is what people call "Zourit passion". Experts say that some lonely Human females can do the same thing; same goes for Gnome females, who trap males in their burrows.

Weapons :
    Their beak and tentacles

Assets :
    Can emit clouds of ink when swimming away

Weaknesses :
    Zourits are slow and easily frightened.
    Their unlimited love leads them to make mistakes; Gnomes have a fishing method involving dangling one of their feet in the water. When the Zourit tries to grab it, they pull it back at once and knock the beast out. But if the Zourit manages to grab both feet, then...

By-products :
    Dried tentacles : can make excellent tearing whips
    Dried muscle fibres: can make excellent slingshots
    Beak: sharp edges for armours
    Ink: useful to write and to make blinding potions
    Flesh: edible, provided you have good teeth and a lot of patience

Vulnerable to :
    Most weapons, except lightning spells (lightning in water... definitely not).

Use Scroll Bar Below

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

I'm becoming more and more excited about the crafting in DnL.

The way each mob has proper body parts that you can harvest and put to a logical use - looking good!

Any news on classes?

Originally posted by stav1

I'm becoming more and more excited about the crafting in DnL.
    The way each mob has proper body parts that you can harvest and put to a logical use - looking good!
    Any news on classes?

Nothing new on classes so far, but when it does come through, someone will post it here damn quick image
  • ZrTyZrTy Member Posts: 26
    i can w8 image

It's hard to live and easy to die..

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294
    GLOBITMOUTHS   by Elhavius

TYPE, Characteristics:

Land mammal
    Viviparous
    Omnivorous
    The shape of a big orange pear, the size of a Brave.
    Habitat:
    On firm ground. Often seen at the edge of forests, or near rivers and other streams. Lonesome creature, until it can find a female who listens to its warbling.
    Attitude:
    Diurnal, nocturnal
    Excellent ability to mimic any type of voice.
    Can be tamed very easily. Globitmouths can be trained then hired to enhance the atmosphere at banquets and weddings. Trouv

Nemo sine vitio est

• MatthiasaMatthiasa Member Posts: 24

Well as to the GLOBITMOUTHS....

That was just an April fools joke.

http://www.darkandlight.net/article.php3?id_article=797&lang=en image

OPINICUS   by Elhavius

Type, Characteristics : Mythological creature - Opinicus (Griffon)
    Ovoviviparous: it seems that Opinicus’ gestation is the result of a fertilized egg being laid. The sexual life of this species, as we can imagine, must be somewhat hazardous (too much effort, the Opinicus risks breaking their eggs), which may be the reason for its repugnant attitude.
    As large as a lion.
    Habitat:
    Steep hideouts, mountains.

Attitude:
    Atrocious. The Opinicus combines the attitudes of a starving lion and that of an eagle after you pull all its feathers out.
    It usually lives alone.

Weapons:
    Beak and talons toward the front, claws on the hind feet.

Assets:
    It can spot its prey from a long distance (eagle eyes), rush to it in a flash, then shreds it to tiny bits.

Weaknesses :
    It cannot fly for a very long time (not an easy thing with a lion rump to carry around)
    Sometimes it seems that both ends of the Opinicus behave in contradiction to one another. When the front wants to eat you and the rear wants to lift a leg to urinate, for instance. Experienced warriors will know how to use these moments at best (the rest of the time, the Opinicus is a pretty efficient opponent)

By-products :
    Its feathers: they help to make great arrows
    Opinicus down: sometimes used for lavishley expenisve pillows (you will easily find traders ready to give you a good price for them)
    Its claws: arrow heads, miscellaneous weapons
    Tail: a must-have (so they say) for special rituals.

Vulnerable to :
    Most weapons, provided you can hit it quickly enough.

RUNNERS   

Slowly and painfully, the caravan journeys through the desert land. Water supplies have shrunk down to almost nothing after a roaming Orc attack four Djays ago, and to make things worse, the old guide seems to have lost his way looking for a shortcut that seems to have existed only in his sun dried head and nowhere else.

TWICE, a man started to shout "Oasis! Oasis!", ran away in the dunes and never came back. The guide desperately looked for birds in the sky, indicating a nearby water source, and eventually lost his eyes for good to the merciless and omnipresent sun.
    A man at the end of the caravan shivered as the wind blew on his back, afraid to see a sandstorm rising and putting an end to this nightmare. But there was nothing but the clear blue sky around them.
    At the front of the caravan, two ranchos collapsed out of thirst and fear as a whirlwind rose around them, then went away and faded.

The caravan survivors gathered at the head of the caravan in order to check the damage, ignoring the guide who had lost his mind with the rest, shouting "Hurrah!" near the two dead ranchos.
    More whirlwinds rose around the caravan, getting closer every time, from all sides, as if the wind was blowing from everywhere, although nobody could feel it.
    The guide frantically searched for something in a cart, and came back with a bag of seeds he tore open near the caravan. Three men stepped forward in order to punish this mad man for this unforgivable waste, when suddenly, a dozen of creatures appeared out of nowhere as the sand slowly settled.
    The guide reached his hands full of seeds to the strange bipeds, his whole body shaking out of fear or fever. When his bag was half empty, he turned to the other survivors and whispered to them: "Runners! We are saved!"
    The guide took his flask, drank it though his dried and cracked lips, then handed it to the creatures that cautiously came closer. Then they all rushed in the same direction, disappeared, then came back, again and again.
    When they disappeared for good, the men found a track on the left of the caravan. Nobody asked any questions, and the caravan proceeded this way.

- We thought the caravan was lost after a delay of twenty Djays, but it is now safe. Now sending payment. -

Runners

imageCreated during the first series of Elytra’s experiments, Runners had the inconvenient of being stoppable by enemy troops despite their high speed. Then, they were left aside and ’flyers’, fast and almost invisible, were used instead. Once left alone, Runners quickly learned to use the sand they were shaking when running, in order to make potential hunters believe a storm was coming.
    Large areas in the kingdom of Zephir were labeled "No Man’s Land" bu the alliance and by Dragoon’s forces alike, because of their lack of strategic interest, and because of the frequent sandstorms that could rise at any time despite an always clear blue sky.
    Runners thrived in their new home, and soon, other rejects from the Entities’ projects joined them. Even today, few people wish to visit these freak shows: a few zoologists ventured in and lost all interest for their profession once they came back. None of them wanted to tell people of what they found there.
    Runners are peaceful animals. They fear everything, and only their stunning speed allowed them to survive to this Djay. A few lunatics heard about this and tried to tame some in order to use them as mounts, and some people say they were traveling alone in the desert and were carried to an oasis on a runner’s back. But these tries seem to have failed, as the first Runner rider has yet to be seen.

JUGGERNAUTH   by Elhavius

"Hey George, di’ja harvest yer li’l field near the woods yet?
    - D’rn sure did, buddy, ’n’ et’s a much better harvest ’en last year. I tells ya et’s gotta’ be more’n double!
    - Hey George, w’rkin’ ’at field c’be good fer yer harvest, but it sure ain’t doin’ you no good. Th’years are a-showin’ on ya since the last time I seen ya, ol’ pal.
    - Wha’bout that white mustache y’got? Makes ya look like unc’ James.
    - What ‘bout yer white hair!
    - Me, I got white hair? Yer kiddin’ me, man.
    - George put his hand to his hair, then to his comrade’s hair. It was frozen and brittle. As in the end of summer..." Both men turned slowly, then George pointed towards a white scar on the hill nearby.
    "Oh shi...! George, go t’the village, quick! Tha’ thar’s a Juggernauth! We’s gotta’ get th’hell outta here! There ain’t gonna’ be nothin’ left here in’n hour!"

Juggernauths

imageJuggernauths are among the creatures who gave Dragoon his worst nightmares when he decided to invade the kingdom of Aesir. These were the demon generals’ mounts, as well as contact and support troops in Daemonia’s army. It is said she used to mount the largest Juggernauth of all times, so large that even Diplood is rumored to have turned green with envy.
    When they leave, although not often, the glaciers and eternal snows where they live, they are easily noticed, since everything freezes around them.
    Juggernauths are a destructive kind: they raze, crush, wipe out and annihilate everything that stands in their way. They are only slightly smarter than animals, and have a very good thermal vision. The smallest source of heat is like a sting that shows them the next place to destroy.
    As with almost all of Daemonia’s children, Juggernauths are especially vulnerable to fire, that unsettles and confuses them. A Juggernauth surrounded by flames is helpless and can do nothing but destroy everything around him in order to make the flames stop. Magic fire is quite often deadly, since there is nothing you can stomp on in order to stop it.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Does anyone have any ingame screenshots of any of these critters?

I miss DAoC

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112
    seen all but the last to above and the fish also seen some that havent been mentioned i tihnk they need a better update
  • KekuleKekule Member Posts: 73
    I do not think htye have put in any of the air or land mobs yet... hopefully they will soon and get people back into this game.

Kekule

SENTIDRAS   by Laellyra

« Are you sure we’re not in any danger ? Old Rynian is not very easy-going, if he learns that we came to spoil his ’temple’, he will be even more furious than a grouik on a full moon night ! » The young man laughed while imagining the old man running after them with his cane.

« Nah, don’t worry, with what he swallowed at the inn, he’s out for the night ! And if you’re scared, I’ll go alone, but don’t come and claim your part of the reward afterwards ! Come on, twenty goths for painting a rock, that’s easy money ! These superstitious old timers will see that it doesn’t change anything to their fishing habits and will stop muttering about this sleeping underwater deity. Because of their fishing restrictions, half of the city is out of job, and I’m among them, so if I’m paid to make them shut up, then it’s cool ! »

« If you say so... I just find it funny... Hey, are there quicksands around here ? Why are... » The young gnome stood there, like iced, with a gaping mouth. The sand around him was quivering and he fell stiff with his eyes still wide open.

« Be quieter ! » the second gnome said and he turned round. He let go his pot and his big paintbrushes to race towards his friend, but he barely had the time to move before an enormous tongue at least 3 times his size hit him in the nape of the neck, knocking him down and stunning him at the same time. A big monster came out of the sand and flew above him. Then everything went blurry.

At dawn, the two young men were found unconscious on the sand, at the base of the imposing rock called Hydra’s Fist. A lozenge was drawn in the sand before them. They were judged the same day.

Type, Characteristics :
    Amphibious creature linked to Hydra.
    Oviparous.
    The body is human-sized.. but the tail is of the same size than the body.

Habitat:
    Sentidras live in deep waters, but you can also find them near the shores. They have the ability to use wind streams like water streams.

History and Attitude:
    These creatures are often considered by fishermen like messengers of Hydra and respect them for that. There are countless legends on how the Sentidra answered the prayers preceding the fishing itself and came to them to lead them to the most populated fishing areas.

Other legends are less joyful and tell that entire fishermen villages have been destroyed by armies of furious Sentidras that ran after them until they reached their lands.

Even if the people living near the shores are always fearing for the kind of message the Sentidras bring them, they always treat them with respect.

Weapons:
    The Sentidra uses its ease while navigating air streams to rush towards an opponent to crush or stun him. It has a poisoned sting that’s hidden above its mouth. The sting itself is as hard as a beak. The Sentidra will try to paralyse its opponent in order to cut him to pieces in peace.

Assets:
    Sentidras are often hiding underneath the sand, and their color makes them indetectable. They can therefore observe their surroundings and suddenly appear at the last second.

They can survive out of water and use air streams to move. Nevertheless, they like their natural environment better and rarely move away from it.

Weaknesses :
    The Sentidras avoid moving away from beaches, since this is where they are the strongest..

By-products :
    Their flesh is wonderfully tasty and loved by cooks, which creates tensions since the fishermen consider them sacred animals. Their paralysing poison is very efficient.

Vulnerable to :
    Since they are aquatic creatures, Sentidras are particularly sensitive to fire and electricity.

MINORTARS   by Laellyra

A young Elf entered the village, panting and looking really exhausted as if he had been running for a long time. He collapsed at the base of the well to catch his breath. Worried and puzzled, Erellor, burgomaster of Orulgas, came by.

« Greetings to you! I don’t think I know you. My name is Erellor, I’m the burgomaster of this village. What are you fleeing so quickly ? You look like you’ve been chased by a Dragon! »

The young elf, feeling better already, stood up and shook Erellor’s hand.

« No, let me reassure you ! My name is Viryon, I am an anthropologist at Al-Drifa’s University. I travel through the realm, looking for old cult places dedicated to Calder in order to understand his dogma better. Did you know that one of his temples was inside the old inactive volcano south of your village ? This is quite interesting ! I managed to solve the mystery of its opening, and I was amazed. I hadn’t seen one that well preserved for such a long time ! »

Erellor frowned. « No, I didn’t know that, but for what I know about Calder’s cult, I am still a bit worried... and that doesn’t explain why you were running. »

The elf seemed a bit embarassed. He carried on : « Well, I was visiting the temple and I stepped on what looked like a mecanism that opened a secret door. The temple was guarded by.. a guardian that made me leave.. faster than I wanted to. But don’t worry, I managed to lose him! »

But as soon as he finished his sentence, a terrifying roar came from the nearby forest. What seemed to be a very heavy foot stomped the earth, and the noise it made was louder and louder. An imposing beast appeared on top of the hill, half-human, half-bull. It came right on them.

« Well.. I was hoping so... »

Type, Characteristics :
    Mythical creature mainly linked to Calder.
    Viviparous, but females are virtually non-existent.
    As tall as 2 or 3 men.

Habitat:
    It is very rare to find them in a natural state, they are often captives and given their attitude, it can’t be bad.

History and Attitude:
    According to ancient legends, these creatures are the result of an unfortunate experiment by a group of Dark Elves that were enemies of Calder.

A long time ago, before Gothar offered religious independence, the Dark Elvish folk were hiding in dark caves, forced to exile by the other races because of their practising destructive magic. Faithful to their father, Calder, they were patiently waiting for the moment when they could exert their revenge on their former Elvish brothers.

As years went by, the youngest and the most impetuous couldn’t just wait without acting. They decided to secretly create a cult devoted to Hel in order to ask the God for strength and destructive power in order to crush their enemies.

Calder was furious at his own people, they had betrayed him ! He cursed this devious cult and transformed the infidels in dark creatures that we now call Minortars. These young Dark Elves obtained, through their melting with bulls, the power and strength they wanted, but were condemned to serve their betrayed father’s cause until the end of times.

They possess the intelligence and the rage of the cursed young Dark Elves as well as the power of a wild bull. They are loyal guardians of Calder’s places of cult and they hunt down mercilessly anyone who would disrespect these places.

Weapons:
    Minortars use their horns to fight, but you also need to be wary of their deadly kicks. Their powerful clogs can easily crush a man.

Assets:
    Their size and power make them formidable adversaries. They are determined, and will not abandon a prey until they have destroyed it.

Weaknesses :
    Minortars think they are immortal and protected by Calder. Therefore, they will rush towards an opponent, whatever his power, without analysing the situation and noticing what surrounds them, with only in their mind the idea of killing their prey. This will give the prey’s companions a liberty to act.

By-products :
    Their horns and clogs are in great demand in weaponcraft, since they are believed to possess a divine power.

Vulnerable to :
    We know too little about these creatures to understand what their weaknesses are. So few fighters have survived an encounter that it is difficult to get an analysis of their fight and obtain a fighting strategy from it.

One rumour, that led to the death of numerous reckless people, says that Minortars are only vulnerable to their own horns... but don’t try to saw one Minortar’s horns to kill him, it doesn’t work !

BRANEY   by Elhavius

THERE are some things which nobody, not even a God, should attempt to do. The Braney is the vilest and foulest creature to ever emerge from the depths of someone’s twisted and perverse mind. But sometimes, intelligence spurred on by noble or urgent feelings can surpass the boundaries of common sense. When this happens to a God, the end result is appalling - thus is the case with the Braney.

Created solely for utilitarian and ergonomic reasons, the Braney is believed to have escaped from the secret caves of Calder who used him as a guard. To think, to watch and to eat in colossal quanties - these are the only functions that Calder provided him with - and the Braney can’t actually do much else."

"Go on, Go on" cried the children in a chorus fashion. The old woman was taken aback - normally this story made children quake with horror so much that they never wanted to hear the next part of the story. Besides, no-one ever really bothered to tell the story anymore as no one wanted to listen to it. However, even more surprising than the children’s request was their vehemence and startling change of attitude. The old woman was puzzled and could feel a metal taste in her mouth.

Running her tongue over her dry lips, she continued with the story...

"The Braney does not possess the gift of speech as words are not necessary in order for him to be understood: his spirit is so powerful that he can directly transmit images or ideas into the listeners mind. It is also said that his powerful spirit allows him to give orders to another person’s spirit or even to take control over a weaker mind. It is for this reason that the Braney is sometimes referred to as the "puppeteer".

Lastly, the legend says that the Braney sees everything, knows everything and hears everything. It is believed that he even saw into Gothars dreams whilst he was sleeping - causing him to flee when Calder tried to steal the secret of Gothars dreams from him.

But of course my children, this is only a legend and the legend ends right here".

Upon these words, the children rose in silence with a worried look on their faces. The old woman was happy as she was sure that she had frightened them enough and that they would leave her alone now. She needed to rest; the damp was making her arthritis literally unbearable.

She didn’t see the child behind her who stabbed her in the kidneys, aiming the sharp edge of the knife towards her liver. Nor did she notice the other child perched on the table who gagged her with a stinking dishcloth. "The tea towel" thought the old woman stupidly.

The last thing that she perceived was an echo within her "The legend disappears with you old woman. And so do I".

The Braney

The Braney is probably the most intelligent creature that Calder ever created: both his proudest creation and his greatest shame: void of all feelings, the only thing that matters is the project that it is striving towards. Unfortunately, no one is familiar with this project.

According to the legend, one thing is for sure: the Braney is a unique creature. Nevertheless, it is rumoured that he can be in several far-flung regions simultaneously.

He is described as a sort of brain with multiple sensorial appendixes. His multiple eyes mean that he can never be taken by surprise. However, these references are often both confused and contradictory: the survivors of encounters with the Braney have often either lost their minds or are unable to recollect their memories.

Nobody ever actually saw the original Braney. He produced many other examples of himself, all with one unique spirit. It would appear that he was inspired by the ant, or otherwise, that he simply compensated for the fact that it was impossible to create spirits as well as bodies. It remains that the Braney is a fierce enemy, capable of the greatest illusions, manipulations and other suggestions. It is advised never to cross his path.... Although no on really knows which path the Braney follows.

THE GRANOY.   by Laellyra

The old wise man could never have believed he was so close and so far from the truth at the same time, when he announced that frogs would rain over the region. He didn’t dare telling about the real meaning of his vision, as its interpretation was quite obvious to him.

BUT now, the angry young Count was standing in front of him, fingering at the guards nearby as they stood around a mere... Granoy! Just one.

My lord, maybe this one is only a scout, and a huge host is approaching! 

Oh yeah? he shouted. What about the rain? That one just came in through the door, nothing else! 

Well, erm...
    The Count seemed furious at being ridiculed in such a way. 

What about the pendulum that lives in rain? Nothing either, I suppose! Especially in such a bright day!
    He pointed towards the sun and the clear blue sky outside. Vor’Hotomn had just begun. 

My lord, I do not...

These were the only words he could mutter before the guards took him away. The count set him to trial in the afternoon, while the Granoy, which had been thrown away outside the city limits, slowly moved in circles, croaking stupidly.
    He was hung the morning after, as rain started to fall and cool down the air in the fortress. His feet slept on the wet plank and he sled instead of falling down. He died slowly as more Granoys came out of nowhere and started to gather around the city: the Count had built his fortress on their breeding spot...

When confronted to this huge invasion, people left the place, the overexcited Granoys moved in and destroyed everything. One breeding session every 40 Yano makes anyone eager for love...

The Granoy
    imageGranoys are among Hydra’s peaceful creatures. For a long time, they served as mounts for her lizard armies, then were set free and went wild. Their life cycle is long, and you can sometimes see them back to a place they visited a century ago.
    Granoys are not dangerous, except for farms and fields: they are easily frightened, but can become docile and enjoyable companions once tamed properly.

However, Granoys are more dangerous when in herds: when mating, migrating or doing anything else, they become aggressive. The bigger the herd, the more dangerous it is to get close. Even though Granoys look peaceful and harmless, their strength and rage when fighting are exceptional.
    And when they mate, which is not quite often, the best thing to do is to leave the place: nothing can stop them.

Granoys are extremely vulnerable to lightning attacks, as many water and amphibious creatures are. Fighting them with melee weapons is a good idea, provided you do not get surrounded and overwhelmed.

FYI:

THE CERBER.   by Laellyra

The Lutin clumsily stepped forward. He had lost the rest of his crew several Hours ago, and his only clues to go forward had been the blood tracks he had seen on the rocky corridor walls... Had his fellows left these marks on purpose? The light from his last torch was getting dimmer, flickering under the slightest gust of wind.

THE atmosphere was heavy with exhalations that remotely smelled like they came from some mass grave. Despite his awful sense of direction, and the many jokes from his comrades about it, Lochnen noticed large footprints on the ground. Some kind of dog, maybe. But the mere idea of a wolf living so far deep inside the gallery network was so absurd he didn’t think much about it...

The tunnel eventually led him to a large underground room. The regular sound of the water dripping from the stalactites hinted that there a lake in its center. The light from the torch was reflecting on its surface and casting a faint glow around, enough to show a huge pile of bones to the side. A body was lying down nearby, wailing: Mund. The Half Troll was lying on his back, and as the Lutin walked past, he thought that this femur protruding out of the pile of bones would make a very convenient mace.

Mund was babbling incoherently. Lorchen realized that his friend truly deserved his name of Half Troll: the lower half of his body was missing, replaced by a pool of hot blood. So, he did the only thing a friend could to do in such circumstances: he put him out of his misery.

Salaz had heard something on his right side. He ran for several long minutes before he ended in a wide cave room with a lake in its center. On his left, someone had piled up many bones against the wall, up to the top. A spark, a glimpse, a torch falling on the floor: in an instant, he was together with his comrades. Mund’s lower body was missing, while Lorchen was still holding his weapon in his hands, fallen on his knees, his head missing, as hot blood was spurting out of his neck. He heard something growl behind him and looked. Lorchen’s half-eaten head hit him on the shoulder as he was reaching towards his weapon. There was a wolf indeed...

Note for the Council of Sages: the expedition sent to the Forbidden Caves did not come back. Now sending a support team.

The Cerber

Cerbers don’t usually give a good impression when you see one. The incarnation of a wolf spirit, worshipped as a god for almost one milleni, it has gradually spread to some inhabited places in Ganareth.

It is very difficult to determine what it feeds on and what sort of hunting ground it likes. This creature often lives in inaccessible locations, endowed with ancient and powerful magic. It is not rare to see one, sometimes several of them, around immortal or apostle hideouts.

No courageous adventurer ever came back alive to tell about how they breed. Renowned scientists in the University of Al-Drifa believe, although it has never been proven, that cerbers breed by schizogenesis. If you cut a cerber’s head in the right way, it can create another cerber. The other theory is that new cerbers can breed using a method similar to propagation by cuttings, although this idea implies unspeakable methods.

Nobody has ever been able to fight against a cerber and win. Its three heads act independently and with coordination, using their sharp teeth like daggers. Its size and the strength of its rear legs are additional and important assets.

It has often been heard that there is some kind of relationship between cerbers and kârh, Ellianor’s white wolf. However, this idea has never been confirmed or invalidated

THE CADAVISCUM.   by Laellyra

For today’s issue of DekadNews, we are taking you to a beautiful small area in Neutra’s kingdom, well-known for its huge forests and its serene inhabitants. We are going to interview someone who represents very well, one of the most dangerous local professions: wandering gravedigger.

ARÖNAS Sirithdil is a major member of this profession. Unfortunately, the profession is starting to disappear since it is often overlooked by the younger generations. They think the work is hard and off-putting, which is sad, since gravediggers are very useful for everyone, and they are received as heartily as bards who brighten parties with their songs, stories and dances.

Arönas is a strong man, with a one-eyed, scarred face, darkened by a long-edged hat. His favorite tools are picks, those with a pike-carved grip, and shovels, with the edge as sharp as a butcher’s knife. He fights the filth that proliferates in cemeteries; but not itinerant cadavers and skeletons controlled by some experimenting Necromancer. They are usually respectful of the rules and do not play cat and mouse with the authorities.

On the contrary, Arönas is specialized in hunting plants, particularly the parasites that tend to develop themselves in the fertile cemeteries’ grounds. The Cadaviscum is the most famous and dangerous of them. Arönas’ fighting techniques are extremely demonstrative and command respect among his peers. He alone sanitized the vegetal cathedral of Broariàn, as well as its crypts, which were invaded by all kinds of vermin.

We all sincerely wish good luck to Arönas who is now leaving to clean mass graves from the war, where several thousands of cadavers can be found. We hope the Cadaviscum doesn’t start growing there!

ARÖNAS Sirithdil is a major member of this profession. Unfortunately, the profession is starting to disappear since it is often overlooked by the younger generations. They think the work is hard and off-putting, which is sad, since gravediggers are very useful for everyone, and they are received as heartily as bards who brighten parties with their songs, stories and dances.

Arönas is a strong man, with a one-eyed, scarred face, darkened by a long-edged hat. His favorite tools are picks, those with a pike-carved grip, and shovels, with the edge as sharp as a butcher’s knife. He fights the filth that proliferates in cemeteries; but not itinerant cadavers and skeletons controlled by some experimenting Necromancer. They are usually respectful of the rules and do not play cat and mouse with the authorities.

On the contrary, Arönas is specialized in hunting plants, particularly the parasites that tend to develop themselves in the fertile cemeteries’ grounds. The Cadaviscum is the most famous and dangerous of them. Arönas’ fighting techniques are extremely demonstrative and command respect among his peers. He alone sanitized the vegetal cathedral of Broariàn, as well as its crypts, which were invaded by all kinds of vermin.

We all sincerely wish good luck to Arönas who is now leaving to clean mass graves from the war, where several thousands of cadavers can be found. We hope the Cadaviscum doesn’t start growing there!

The Cadaviscum

The Cadaviscum is the result of one of the most radical mutations observed during Neutra’s plants war. The Cadaviscum consists of a rhizome that can grow up to several tens of kilometers, many vegetal tentacles, and an emerged part. This part grows in favorable grounds and is made of a singular shank which bears flowers.
    The final size of the emerged part depends on the size of a cadaver under the surface, to which the Cadaviscum is attached to.

The growth time until it reaches total maturity is variable, and seems to depend on the size of the cadaver underground.
    The Cadaviscum is a parasite that buries itself within the body until it’s completely infested. Then, it breaks away from the rhizome and fully emerges from the ground. The Cadaviscum’s goals are unknown; its only apparent motive is to kill, and then scatter its spores on the cadaver, thus creating a new starting point for the rhizome’s expansion.
    A fully developed Cadaviscum displays four huge colorful appendages, in order to attract hideous insects, yet to be identified.

One element seems however recurring: the Cadaviscum seems to particularly want to kill creatures from the same race it originally was made from. That is probably an automatism left over from the end of the war.

Some people say the leaders of some secret group are trying to cultivate Cadaviscum cuttings and to make them grow on Dragon cadavers. However, that sounds too much like a wild science-fiction scenario for us to pay much attention to it.

For today’s issue of DekadNews, we are taking you to a beautiful small area in Neutra’s kingdom, well-known for its huge forests and its serene inhabitants. We are going to interview someone who represents very well, one of the most dangerous local professions: wandering gravedigger.

The Cadaviscum

The Cadaviscum is the result of one of the most radical mutations observed during Neutra’s plants war. The Cadaviscum consists of a rhizome that can grow up to several tens of kilometers, many vegetal tentacles, and an emerged part. This part grows in favorable grounds and is made of a singular shank which bears flowers.
    The final size of the emerged part depends on the size of a cadaver under the surface, to which the Cadaviscum is attached to.

The growth time until it reaches total maturity is variable, and seems to depend on the size of the cadaver underground.
    The Cadaviscum is a parasite that buries itself within the body until it’s completely infested. Then, it breaks away from the rhizome and fully emerges from the ground. The Cadaviscum’s goals are unknown; its only apparent motive is to kill, and then scatter its spores on the cadaver, thus creating a new starting point for the rhizome’s expansion.
    A fully developed Cadaviscum displays four huge colorful appendages, in order to attract hideous insects, yet to be identified.

One element seems however recurring: the Cadaviscum seems to particularly want to kill creatures from the same race it originally was made from. That is probably an automatism left over from the end of the war.

Some people say the leaders of some secret group are trying to cultivate Cadaviscum cuttings and to make them grow on Dragon cadavers. However, that sounds too much like a wild science-fiction scenario for us to pay much attention to it.

• trying to bury the threads bs?

Related game based info posted all neatly on one thread, and You ^ accused it of burying/spamming... thats real super comming from a regular-multiposter.

Now we aren't allowed to post anything unless it goes by the fan-police first? 

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by LilBoPeep
    trying to bury the threads bs?

Thats what he always does.  He has been spamming his baby pet threads for years.  He continmously bumped his screenshot thread everyfew days until the moderators here got tired of his spam and stickied it.  He has done the same thing to this thread.  Notice besides spamming his threads he never posts anything of substance.  Sometimes he calls people names that have the nerve to question Farlan's competence or honesty.  Sometimes he gets creative and posts blanket endorsements of Farlan or just copies an pastes their lies.  But he never will post a thoughtful post that contains any ideas pr a well reasoned argument as to why DnL is not as terrible as people say or as good as he claims.  Most likely because it is virtually impossible to make an argument in support of DnL.  Its just much easier for him to just copy and paste their lies.   

But your right his trolling speciality is to bump his copy and paste threads to move legitmate discussion of DnL lower down the menu board.  The last thing Farlan or Blacksac wants is discussion of DnL as any discussion will only ploint out its obvious flaws and failrues.  Hence the reason Blacksac and other fanboys just limit their posts to flames and copying and pasting Farlans lies rather ever attempting to join the discussion. 

Remember Farlan has said they hired two fanboys as devs.  Most likely well below minimum wage. Blacksac is almost certainly  one of those two.  Who is the other? IKshadow maybe?  Maybe Pandera form the official site?  Although IKshadow did make an excellent fansite which shows when the server is up.  It is essential for anyone who plays DnL.

Originally posted by Zippy

Originally posted by LilBoPeep
    trying to bury the threads bs?

Thats what he always does.  He has been spamming his baby pet threads for years.  He continmously bumped his screenshot thread everyfew days until the moderators here got tired of his spam and stickied it.  He has done the same thing to this thread.  Notice besides spamming his threads he never posts anything of substance.  Sometimes he calls people names that have the nerve to question Farlan's honesty.  Sometimes he gets creative and posts blanket endorsements of Farlan or just copies an pastes their lies.  But he never will post a thoughtful post that contains any ideas.  Most likely because it is virtually impossible to make an argument in support of DnL.  Much easier to just copy and paste their lies.   Your right his trolling speciality is to bump his copy and paste threads to move legitmate criticisms lower down the menu board.

Remember Farlan has said they hired two fanboys as devs.  Most likely well below minimum wage. Blacksac is almost certainly  one of those two.  Who is the other? IKshadow maybe?  Maybe Pandera form the official site?  Although IKshadow did make an excellent fansite which shows when the server is up.  It is essential for anyone who plays DnL.

It's an info thread for the game this forum is about, whats so surprizing about that?

I post it, you take it or leave it... simple. I've kept everything relating to a subject on one thread so people can use it as a reference if they so choose... makes sense to me... nice and neat... I've never been warned about trolling, and I can't see why I would.

I rarely discuss anything since my mind is made up (as I can see most of you have as well), and I proberbly know more about this game than most, so I'm not (rarely) looking for any help.

If I did get into discussions here, can you honestly see me being welcome amonst such a hostile crowd? I would be flooded with accusation I have no time or interest in defending... so I mostly don't 

Note1: Don't spread BS lies/rumors about me and IKShadow being payed by Farlan.. you do that quite a lot, and I find it deceitful

Note2: If your just trying to provoke me, that says a lot more about you

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

I am just trying to explain your spam posts.  There must be a reason you have continuously bumped this thread, your screenshot thread and your other pet threads every few days for the last few years.  It only makes sense that you are one of the two fanboys being paid by Farlan.  Who else other than you has done more to deceive and trick the gullible into thinking that DnL has something to offer game players.  If your not one of the fanboys being paid by Farlan then who is?  There are only a handful of fanboys left (roughly about 10-15 on the official forums) and most of them have recent join dates.  Its not hard to guess just by using the process of elimination that you are one of two fanboys that has been on Farlan's payroll the last few years.

You have done your best here to bury threads discussing DnL and pointing out its many flaws while elevating your copy and paste threads full of Farlans lies.  Either you are being paid by Farlan or you are not.   Whatever the answer is, you serve the same purpose for them in trying to dupe and trick people into thinking DnL is something that it isn't.

I have yet to see you make one legitimate post on this board.  Your posts here are  like most of the fanboy troll posts.  Your posts are either flames against anyone that discusses the faults of the game, copy and paste of Farlan's lies and/or a shameless bumping of your pet threads. I have yet to see you attempt to join the discussion.  Rather you only start threads calling people names and trolls.

You can deny that Farlan is paying you.  One can either believe you or assume that your honesty is no better than Farlan's.  But what does it matter as you are still Farlan's lackey regardless of whether or not you get paid. You do everything in your power to aid Farlan in fraudently stealing money from gullible consumers. 

Rather than spending your time copying and pasting, calling people names, and bumping and burying threads please try and make a legitimate honest  well reasoned argument as to the virtues of DnL and I and I am sure many others will applaud your efforts.

OMG... You are just making stuff up!... your trying to provoke... wrong person, I don't play those games