Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 Confirmed for PC & Coming on September 8th - MMORPG.com News

13»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    One of the good things about it being on PC is that there should be the ability to interact with other players, something that was missing (and still missing) from the PS4 version, the only real worry i have is that the writer for the game has a very poor reputation as a writer, and with september not really being that far away, i can only hope he doesn't botch things completely O.o
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited March 2017

Now if only it was cross-platform!

So we can destroy game pad users ? Believe me after a while it isn't even funny. :awesome:
  • sdeleon515sdeleon515 Member UncommonPosts: 151

Dragnelus said:

How about we get some cross-play here.

Nope, let the PC player keep the bot and hack talk away from consoles. 

I'm going to enjoy the show lol, best thing anyone who wants to play this is buy a console. 

The game will be much better on consoles, enjoy your hacks lol. 

Salty? Salty? Anyone who's played the first version already knows anyone who buys Destiny 2 is asking for salt tbh! A team that can't manage any public relations that would make Niantic look impress: check! Constant weapon balancing that never ends and somehow worsens everything every update they do this: check! Dev team that thinks that all that matters is PvP and forget it's also a PvE game: check! Infamous for cutting out storyboard lines and leaving plotholes that are only matched by a Donald Trump tweet: check!

The big reason they need PC players: console players are tired of their bullshit. Remember when FF14 first came out and we all thought it was a shiny and polished but horrible to play? Yeah that's Bungie and that'll be Destiny 2. The only saltiness I feel is that ppl still give them money for their bullshit.
  • Reion1Reion1 Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Has any PC gamer actually played this game? I don't really understand what all the fuss is about other than that it is buy to play. In my opinion, Destiny is not amazing. There plenty of shooters out there that can fill the void. It is solid in term of repetitive content, patches that break the game for a few, DLCs that monkeys wrote story lines for in space pods with crayon...

Of course, you have loot and if that is your thing then you are likely to enjoy it via mouse and keyboard depending on how long an MMO slash Shooter would in reality occupy you.
    This is coming from someone who bought a PS4 just to play Destiny and I dove into PVE and then PVP but to think that this is the second coming... C'mon, there's a reason why the second one is on PC and I don't think it's appeasement. If they actually gave the people what they want then they would have done it by now with D1.

Fingers Crossed.

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom" -- Mufasa
    ---

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Will most likely be the only game I spend money on this year.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I would like to remind everyone what a sh*t show Destiny turned out to be. How it was stripped of its story and size so it could be resold to players as "DLC". I for one will not be pre-ordering this and may in fact wait until they drop their first DLC to see just what kind of crap they may be trying to sell us this time around. Also not to mention you "HAD TO BUY THE DLC" if you were to continue playing at all or else you were locked out of the games content, content you had already purchased.

Well that's just false. Just because someone could access a piece of DLC that was still in development during Beta doesn't mean that it was intended, or ready, for release with the rest of the game. Also, if you think that any game is waiting for release until they start creating their DLC, you're fucking crazy. 

As far as the content being stripped down, the main story is, what? 15-20 hours? So double that of your common FPS these days? Granted, it could be argued that the DLC was less content-rich, but even that was like 3-5 hours per piece, so when assembled to the pirce of a full game we're, again, looking at up to 20 hours of content. 

Sounds like some sort of sour grapes here. You know who should really be pissed? People who bought all the DLC and content and then someone got to buy everything they already had, every expansion, every piece of DLC for $30 this past Christmas, lol.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Its going to be a lot more open world than the first. 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I'm not that hyped for a sequel where the most popular feature of the original was shooting at a black hole for hours.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • tomacontomacon Member UncommonPosts: 18
    SOOOO EXCITED!!! PC! PC! PCCCCCCC!
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Dragnelus said:

I'm going to enjoy the show lol, best thing anyone who wants to play this is buy a console. 

You can say he's covered in salt but I mean... he's not wrong about the bots and hacks. The part about "The game being much better on consoles." seems a little salty.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Kyleran said:

Was that Nathan Fillion?

Yep! Man, just what the genre needed. They'll avoid the MMO term again, but we all know what it is. :D

First person multiplayer online shooter.

But apparently you didnt?  

Unsurprising :p

Keep being grumpy. It's fine. I'll just be glad we're getting an MMO from a AAA studio again on PC. Even if it's unconventional.

Do you know, or does anyone know if this game will have open world pvp?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Until they let us know what type of gameplay improvements/changes to expect, if you're excited because it's on PC you should really just play Warframe. Warframe is honestly better in every way.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Rusque said:
    Until they let us know what type of gameplay improvements/changes to expect, if you're excited because it's on PC you should really just play Warframe. Warframe is honestly better in every way.
    It probably is a great game, but the F2P moniker will keep me away.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I think this is the nearest I have seen Bill get to click bait. :)

Great that the game is coming to the PC. Does not mean much for MMOs, other than "we have somewhere better to spend AAA money on than MMOs".
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    CrazKanuk said:

Well that's just false. Just because someone could access a piece of DLC that was still in development during Beta doesn't mean that it was intended, or ready, for release with the rest of the game. Also, if you think that any game is waiting for release until they start creating their DLC, you're fucking crazy. 

As far as the content being stripped down, the main story is, what? 15-20 hours? So double that of your common FPS these days? Granted, it could be argued that the DLC was less content-rich, but even that was like 3-5 hours per piece, so when assembled to the pirce of a full game we're, again, looking at up to 20 hours of content. 

Sounds like some sort of sour grapes here. You know who should really be pissed? People who bought all the DLC and content and then someone got to buy everything they already had, every expansion, every piece of DLC for $30 this past Christmas, lol.
    Content was being accessed well after the game was launched, 1 - 3 months in people were still finding areas of upcoming DLC content they could access. If people were able to do this without hacks on console imagine what it would have been like on PC? 

11 - 12 hours is what the main story can take in the base game at an average play speed, for a game thats meant to be heavily story based, that's pretty low and imho, saying, "so when assembled to the pirce of a full game" just kinda backs up Bacons point. When placed all together it's length is that of a normal story driven game. The base game should be 20 hours on it's own and anything after that can be what ever at a reasonable price. For me, it just says "we cut content to be sold on"

You're right, those people would be salty as hell, but that just furthers the point made about the ugly underside of Destiny. In this thread we seem to complete washover these problems, which would in fact completely fuck MMOs over further than they already are, just because it's coming to PC. 

Tbh think people are already missing a glimming problem, which is they are asking for pre-orders + Season pass for a game that has no gameplay footage or even screenshots. Would that be considered good for the MMO genre?

Don't dislike the game, but the point being, we can't pick and choose, we're going to have to take the good and the bad and it's doesn't help glossing over the bad in the name of hype and PC master race.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    edited April 2017

so apparently another reason to go console, is to avoid hackers.

you know, when i play online i am almost certain something strange is going on, and may be it is that prevalent, and if it is, well, hackers have destroyed something good.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited April 2017
    I never did buy the first one. I may buy this one if it looks like they learned anything.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited April 2017
    So people don't believe a popular FPS on PC will have hacks, aimbots and cheating?

Are you oblivious weirdos from Happyville USA or something?

*edited double negative out of first sentence.
    Post edited by FlyByKnight on
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

So people don't believe a popular FPS on PC won't have hacks, aimbots and cheating?

Are you oblivious weirdos from Happyville USA or something?

I mean, it's unreasonable to believe that it won't have these problems... but it's also worth noting that - if Activision takes an active role in managing infrastructure for the game ( which, as the publisher, they definitely will ) - then Bungie will have access to Blizzard's Warden tech. And given the recent precedent set by Blizz's court cases, the likelihood of large-scale cheating problems is slim.

So whilst it will be a problem, it will also be well policed.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

so apparently another reason to go console, is to avoid hackers.

you know, when i play online i am almost certain something strange is going on, and may be it is that prevalent, and if it is, well, hackers have destroyed something good.

I dunno.  I've honestly seen folks who were skilled at CS:Source and "in the zone" that night...  The mouse is a very precise tool with practice.

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180

Dattelis said:

I'll be joining the bandwagon for PC. Imagine how much better the first one would've done if it was released on PC....oh well, seems they've learned their lesson.

BS. Like platform matters if te game is good or not... Horizon Zero Dawn is PS4 exclusive and it wipes its arse with PC games.