Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will use Denuvo?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
Denuvo, is supposed to be Anti-Piracy, however I hear from many other players who play games with Denuvo that it restricts what a player can do for example some users trying to run Bench-Marks while running Ghost Recon Wildlands had their software close constantly, and screwed with peoples running processes...

In addition to this Denuvo under Ghost Recon Wild Lands (Terms OF Service 3.1) says Denuvo may install additional files on your computer, and may leave files behind after uninstalling the Denuvo protected game, but Denuvo doesn't come with any uninstaller, and its just as Malicious as "Xing Code" or "Game Guard", and trying to reach out to the developers of Denuvo they never give a response on how I can fully remove their files that are said to be junking up my computer (MANUALLY) not using (CC Cleaner) or anything like this.

I am not legally buying any games for full retail price that run Denuvo, I will instead wait for a Free Edition without Denuvo.

Developers might wan't to seriously think about using Denuvo in their games that $100,000 I hear Denuvo costs for a game that is going to be cracked is costing you legit buyers of your game, going to make a few more such as myself rather use Unauthorized copies of (X) game, and is better invested into making the game better, or donating it to a Charity since your throwing this money down the Tolit for a game that is going to be cracked anyways.

Please keep games free of hard software based DRM, which screws with other players, and trust people to legally buy the games / software.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2017

Looks likely it will have Denuvo

How does one fully uninstall, and remove all components related to Denuvo though all files everything after removing the said game using Denuvo from the system.

The Denuvo Developers refuse to answer this, and Denuvo can't really be trusted with what I am reading and seeing about it.

As for if it will get cracked don't worry about it everything gets cracked, I just think its a waste of developers paying for false protection, and putting software in their games which can cause problems for other users and make people not want to buy the game in the first place, because I know nothing about how to remove Denuvo...

Some people tell me Denuvo installs nothing, but section 3.1 of Ghost Recon Wildlands says it may install additional files, and leave behind files after removing the game and Ubisoft is not responsible? 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I noticed a lot of companies have been allowed to do a 45 min play through today.  The vids are up on YouTude and were live.

Also there's a sale.
    Today's Best Deals,

Get 40% off this Mass Effect: Andromeda: Pathfinder Edition Guide - includes a 15" Laptop Backpack and Exclusive Hardcover Strategy Guide!

Releases 3/28. Includes a Mass Effect: Andromeda Initiative 15" laptop backpack, alternate premium hardcover strategy guide (with mobile-friendly eguide), multiplayer booster pack DLC, field journal, galaxy chart, branded envelope, and welcome letter.

-----------------------------

Mass Effect: Andromeda Limited Edition Loot Crate is finally up for grabs

I thought I might highlight this one more time since it has been super popular with the IGN audience. For a limited time, you can grab Loot Crate's Mass Effect: Andromeda themed crate for $49.99 (plus $10 shipping and handling). Developed in cooperation with Bioware, this crate includes exclusive collectibles, apparel, and more totaling $90+ in value. Ships by June.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/14/daily-deals-mass-effect-andromeda-guide

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Don't ever uninstall Mass Effect: Andromeda from your computer... problem solved!
    --------------------------------------------
  • synless_oceansynless_ocean Member CommonPosts: 8
    I noticed a lot of companies have been allowed to do a 45 min play through today.  The vids are up on YouTude and were live.

Also there's a sale.
    Today's Best Deals,

Get 40% off this Mass Effect: Andromeda: Pathfinder Edition Guide - includes a 15" Laptop Backpack and Exclusive Hardcover Strategy Guide!

Releases 3/28. Includes a Mass Effect: Andromeda Initiative 15" laptop backpack, alternate premium hardcover strategy guide (with mobile-friendly eguide), multiplayer booster pack DLC, field journal, galaxy chart, branded envelope, and welcome letter.

-----------------------------

Mass Effect: Andromeda Limited Edition Loot Crate is finally up for grabs

I thought I might highlight this one more time since it has been super popular with the IGN audience. For a limited time, you can grab Loot Crate's Mass Effect: Andromeda themed crate for $49.99 (plus $10 shipping and handling). Developed in cooperation with Bioware, this crate includes exclusive collectibles, apparel, and more totaling $90+ in value. Ships by June.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/14/daily-deals-mass-effect-andromeda-guide
    Ummm What does your post have anything to do with Denuvo?
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Not sure about Denuvo, I mean it's well possible.

Being that some Denuvo games have been cracked in just days, will be interesting to see if AAA titles will or not continuing to use it. hm
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    lol give a week then take the pirated MEandromeda copy, denuvo already was broken so its just time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sounds to me like Denuvo did some back peddling and excuse making after it was hacked in a few days after RES evil 7 was released.Also quick to make a speech that "we never said it was uncrackable,just very tough to crack".Well a few days,i hardly see that as anything positive.

They actually had the balls to state that because most all games are cracked same day of release their software is helping..lmao.Yes of course those few added days made a difference lol,but of course always the salesmen pitch to keep selling your code.

I see many games were still cracked in the same day,so those devs got ripped off paying for this code.I believe it is only a matter of popularity,if a game is popular it will be hacked very quickly.COD cracked in 0 days.

Everybody has some snake oil they want to sell you,nothing has changed over the years.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    My research tells me that the way it gets removed is if the developer gets a refund from Denuvo.Then they would have no right to use the software so are forced to remove it from their game.
    Example Doom was hacked then the developer removed Denuvo.
    Mass effect 4 will guarantee to be hacked so if the dev asks for a refund on failed software then it will be removed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    It wouldn't take much of a stand by consumers to encourage companies into making more consumer friendly decisions. But does the community actually have the minuscule resolve required? 
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Denuvo gets cracked easily now, so it won't be around for long.
    Exactly due to the rules here I can't post pirated content on these forums, however I can share my opinion about Denuvo as I have on the steam forums...

Denuvo has been creating problems with people who run Modified OS, Linux, and other software, as well as being said to leave files behind, but giving no uninstaller, and trying to contact the developers doesn't tell me how to remove it all from my system...

As a result any games running Denuvo I do play will be the "FREE Versions" I am able to find online, I really can't justify myself paying $50 to a video game development company when they are just going to screw over customers by using Denuvo when asked not to, I would rather use those funds of $50 to pay for a years worth of VPN services, or Proxies, and even donations to the people who work to crack said games than pay for the games themselves if they are going to choose to use Denuvo...

Even Issues like this come up...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/5v3qjh/2dark_developers_broke_their_kickstarter_promises/

Its not really about wanting to pirate games as some people say everyone who is angry about Denuvo are just pirates, its about Lies, Marketing Practices, and the way Denuvo works, as well as creating problems for legitimate users, take this other game for example http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/ there is so much talk about how Denuvo Sucks, they capped the frame rate at 60 FPS, and because of Denuvo people can't mod the game to run at 120 FPS.

Denuvo the solution that drives people towards piracy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/comments/5yijw0/crack_watch_games/  Does not contain any illegal cracks or downloads as per Reddit Rules, just a listing of all games cracked using Denuvo and why I think those funds they waste are better put into game development.

While I like Mass Effect series and legally own the others, I will not be buying "Mass Effect Andromeda, but instead will wait until its cracked, and I honestly don't think it will take that long, if the developers wan't me to pay for full retail price, they can remove Denuvo. And the reason I don't think it will take so long is because its a heavily populated game by many so there will be more crackers working on it.

And please no one forget about "SecuRom" another failed DRM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM Sure I can understand why developers wan't to secure their Intellectual Property, but screwing over your customers is only going to drive more to piracy.
  • LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29
    edited March 2017
    It's been the same drama for 20+ years when a new protection came out. It was the devil and the reason why your washing machine exploded, well, not exactly.

Denuvo is that protection now. For people worried about files left behind, remove the game installation folder (if it's still there) and game folders created under c:\programdata, \yourwindowsprofile\local and \yourwindowsprofile\romaning, that's it. There are no drivers or hidden 'undeletable' files. As for Linux, Denuvo doesn't exist by design, so nothing to do there.

Sadly, there are games using Denuvo that have been a disaster or made people upset, just to name a couple:
    - Batman Arkham Night was a horrible rushed release pulled off from the shelves.
    - 2Dark was a stab in the back, it looks like kickstart also funded the protection license while they did state that game would be DRM free. Good luck with your next kickstart!.

NieR locked to 60FPS on all resolutions was something that was floating around during development. Being a console port is what has disappointed most people.

As for Andromeda, the current early/trial version (1.0.0) doesn't have a sign of a known Denuvo version but, then again, just a few people can bypass Denuvo at all, which is still a double edged sword, since game releases  are helping to improve Denuvo. First people to tip the crackers should be the Denuvo creators ;).

Personally, I like what they did with Doom, people didn't like it had Denuvo but game was good (it did improve later), with a great engine and was a success. After that, they removed Denuvo when it had no purpose.

The only protection that actually changed my mind about buying certain games was Starforce, but boxed games are history now except for Collector's Editions.

Don't want to buy Denuvo games to encourage companies to follow 'The Witcher 3' example?, surely you can do that but, if developers remove Denuvo, make sure the game isn't buggy, doesn't have performance issues, etc. before you buy it.

IMHO there should be more demos like in the past, if people love the game they will buy it.
    Post edited by Lolus on
    Lolus said:
    It's been the same drama for 20+ years when a new protection came out. It was the devil and the reason why your washing machine exploded, well, not exactly.

Denuvo is that protection now. For people worried about files left behind, remove the game installation folder (if it's still there) and game folders created under c:\programdata, \yourwindowsprofile\local and \yourwindowsprofile\romaning, that's it. There are no drivers or hidden 'undeletable' files. As for Linux, Denuvo doesn't exist by design, so nothing to do there.

Sadly, there are games using Denuvo that have been a disaster or made people upset, just to name a couple:
    - Batman Arkham Night was a horrible rushed release pulled off from the shelves.
    - 2Dark was a stab in the back, it looks like kickstart also funded the protection license while they did state that game would be DRM free. Good luck with your next kickstart!.

NieR locked to 60FPS on all resolutions was something that was floating around during development. Being a console port is what has disappointed most people.

As for Andromeda, the current early/trial version (1.0.0) doesn't have a sign of a known Denuvo version but, then again, just a few people can bypass Denuvo at all, which is still a double edged sword, since game releases  are helping to improve Denuvo. First people to tip the crackers should be the Denuvo creators ;).

Personally, I like what they did with Doom, people didn't like it had Denuvo but game was good (it did improve later), with a great engine and was a success. After that, they removed Denuvo when it had no purpose.

The only protection that actually changed my mind about buying certain games was Starforce, but boxed games are history now except for Collector's Editions.

Don't want to buy Denuvo games to encourage companies to follow 'The Witcher 3' example?, surely you can do that but, if developers remove Denuvo, make sure the game isn't buggy, doesn't have performance issues, etc. before you buy it.

IMHO there should be more demos like in the past, if people love the game they will buy it.
    Actually releasing "Demos" Helps crack Denuvo unless they include Denuvo on the Demo Version at least the way I have seen it with "Conan Exiles."

But it doesn't matter any game that has Denuvo I won't legally buy it I will wait for the "Free Edition" and so with 200+ other people who I have talked to from my guild a lot who were going to buy Ghost Recon Wildlands, but took a look at the bugs, and Denuvo and said No because of Denuvo we won't buy the game.

Also if Denuvo only copies files to C:\program data, as some have suggested, Local, and Roaming, then they need to change the EULA on all Denuvo Games to reflect (EXACTLY) how to remove Data Denuvo puts there, instead of making people think this is malicious software, which is my main reason for not going to be legally purchasing any games that contain Denuvo, again I would rather pay for non DRM copies of my game, or DRM games with Serial Key, Uplay, Steam, but don't want 3rd party data on my PC with a Malicious agreement.

http://pastebin.com/ASvxEAim Section 3.1 needs to be changed to legally reflect how to fully remove Denuvo after removing their product this is posted in most all Denuvo Games, Perhaps this would change some peoples minds about legally buying games, but with the Current EULA, Denuvo is seen as spy software while the game is running and not me, nor at least around 200 others, want to legally fund development of a game or any computer software which puts DRM from 3rd parties inside their games and often doesn't inform people unless they read the EULA.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    "free Version" lol ..... don't you mean stolen version? Way to go... be a part of the problem...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited March 2017
    Denuvo ....lol

Arrrghhh aarrgghhhh walk the plank Denuvo you bilge sucking hornswaggle lest I cleave ye to the brisket...arrrghhhh

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ep103855ep103855 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    lol the protection software is not the issue. the files that are left are not the issue. people wanting a "free" version of a new game is the issue. well you cant have it at launch. perhaps if you are willing to wait a year it might happen.
    ep103855 said:
    lol the protection software is not the issue. the files that are left are not the issue. people wanting a "free" version of a new game is the issue. well you cant have it at launch. perhaps if you are willing to wait a year it might happen.
    For me the protection software is an issue, I would rather support the developers of this great game and buy it but because of Denuvo I will be getting the "Free Version" when it comes out and not paying for it with all honesty...

Denuvo is an issue because it messes with system running processes thinking you are trying to tamper with the game, it doesn't work with Linux systems causing games not to run on Linux or Modified Operating Systems, and the biggest concern doesn't give an Uninstaller to remove all Denuvo features after removing a Denuvo secured game...

The Terms OF Service OF Denuvo games make me feel really insecure just downloading them on my system, because by all means if a game company is going to use Denuvo, then they should be willing to accept responsibility for any damages caused by Denuvo, or Additional files this downloads, but Denuvo based games says they don't take responsibility.

As for Free Game, I would be happy to post my gaming transactions here I can afford the $50 to buy new Releases of games when they come out, even throw down $150 for the Over Watch collectors edition pre-order, but I won't legally buy games that have this Denuvo DRM on them.

As far as piracy, it will get cracked, people will get their "Free Game" I don't honestly see the need for game companies to harm legit paying customers with Denuvo.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Renoaku said:
    ep103855 said:
    For me the protection software is an issue, I would rather support the developers of this great game and buy it but because of Denuvo I will be getting the "Free Version" when it comes out and not paying for it with all honesty...

Denuvo is an issue because it messes with system running processes thinking you are trying to tamper with the game, it doesn't work with Linux systems causing games not to run on Linux or Modified Operating Systems, and the biggest concern doesn't give an Uninstaller to remove all Denuvo features after removing a Denuvo secured game...

The Terms OF Service OF Denuvo games make me feel really insecure just downloading them on my system, because by all means if a game company is going to use Denuvo, then they should be willing to accept responsibility for any damages caused by Denuvo, or Additional files this downloads, but Denuvo based games says they don't take responsibility.

As for Free Game, I would be happy to post my gaming transactions here I can afford the $50 to buy new Releases of games when they come out, even throw down $150 for the Over Watch collectors edition pre-order, but I won't legally buy games that have this Denuvo DRM on them.

As far as piracy, it will get cracked, people will get their "Free Game" I don't honestly see the need for game companies to harm legit paying customers with Denuvo.
    Looks like you are all squared away. Just pirate it and blame the DRM. That way you can feel like you are doing the right thing. 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    ep103855 said:
    Darn that was one quick year, guess someone traveled in time and brought the crack back to us here in the past!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Its already cracked by cpy
    edited April 2017
    Its already cracked by cpy
    Although I can't discuss cracks or links to such content I am glad it was cracked already,  I want to see Denuvo gone from my games, its not a reputable company, nor do they respond to customer support inquiries of how to fully remove it from my system.

Its not because I wan't a free copy of the game, its not like I can't afford $50, but after all the crap I am hearing about Mass Effect, I wouldn't honestly even bother to pirate it, anyways not worth the time to even bother to extract and place a crack in the folder lol.

But I might buy it if they improve it on steam as it should be, otherwise the last game I will ever say was good was "Mass Effect 1 & 2." And obviously remove Denuvo.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/despite-the-denuvo-anti-tamper-tech-mass-effect-andromeda-has-been-cracked-in-10-days/  Down With Denuvo.