Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New Patch Coming Thursday, Future to Address Most Concerns - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageA New Patch Coming Thursday, Future to Address Most Concerns - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda News - The BioWare site has been updated with a lengthy post from General Manager Aaryn Flynn regarding both a Mass Effect Andromeda patch to be released on Thursday, April 6th as well as future patch plans for the forthcoming two months. Flynn begins the discussion by thanking the community for its participation in Andromeda and the feedback that has led to a number of the changes coming to the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NickcsNickcs Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I feel that in the "old days" BioWare would have delivered a game - mostly void of those issues, to some extent - quite glaring issues.
    But im happy to see concerns about the game are being met, and worked on with such swift dedication.
    Those mentioned and promised improvements will greatly increase my personal experience in Andromeda.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    @Nickcs I agree with you.. Back before the buyout and before the Doc's left. Something like this wouldn't have made it to release. Most of these easily repeatable bugs and issues are things that would have been caught and fixed before release.

The quality control just does not seem to be there in Bioware anymore. Its pump stuff out and fix what we can in patches and then move on to the next game.
  • Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    This should answer your questions about why things are so wrong in Mass Effect: Andromeda

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Nickcs said:
    I feel that in the "old days" BioWare would have delivered a game - mostly void of those issues, to some extent - quite glaring issues.
    But im happy to see concerns about the game are being met, and worked on with such swift dedication.
    Those mentioned and promised improvements will greatly increase my personal experience in Andromeda.

Honestly, I would have to say that these issues were already in the "pipe". Even with a full staff of people fighting fires, it would be a monumental task, bordering on impossible, to review, revamp, and re-test these issues in a 2-week spam. That is unless they are just foregoing the whole testing part and just mashing some code parts together. If that's the case, what could possibly go wrong?!?!??

This sounds much more like something that they thought they'd have fixed with a day zero patch that ended up getting pushed back due to reasons unknown and then conveniently they've "Listened to the community and fixed the issues" 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    I've loved the game, I'm glad to see them supporting it and working on the things that need to be addressed. That being said, I think there's been a bandwagon effect on the "controversies and complaints" about it. Yeah, there are some issues, but nothing I've experienced has come even remotely close to as bad as people had made it out to be...
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    "improvements to the male romance options for Scott Ryder", has anyone found this to be a problem that needs a patch?
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Angry Joe review was funny
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I wonder if they will also remove denuvo since it has been cracked, like Doom, since there quite a bit of anti denuvo sentiment out there.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Asm0deus said:
    I wonder if they will also remove denuvo since it has been cracked, like Doom, since there quite a bit of anti denuvo sentiment out there.
    Just for my personal culture, what would it change if they removed it ?
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited April 2017
    Azoth said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Just for my personal culture, what would it change if they removed it ?
    Lots of people wont buy/install a game with denuvo for XYZ reason, so since it is cracked and thus them blarmy pirates will get a pirate copy either way they might as well remove it completely and try and get those sales.

Also I wonder what the contract/deal is with companies that buy/pay for denuvo protection that then gets cracked a miserable 10-15 days later?  Perhaps they can get some money back in cases like this?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Looking forward to skipping the planetary travel animations. The enhanced Hubble like scenes were pretty enough the first time around, but it gets annoying that you can't skip them after the first few times.

I hope that also includes the Nexus landing cut scene.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NarlhNarlh Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Only patching I want is a romance option for Suvi added to Scott...*sigh*
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Narlh said:
    Only patching I want is a romance option for Suvi added to Scott...*sigh*
    Only if I can convert her to secular humanism. :)

But yeah she does stick out as the resident hottie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jake200135jake200135 Member UncommonPosts: 14

Grintch said:

"improvements to the male romance options for Scott Ryder", has anyone found this to be a problem that needs a patch?

For some yeah. I mean, it didn't make the game "literally unplayable", but some of us were pretty disappointed that our only options for a gay male romance were two boring side characters.

I only hope that they aren't fixing this by making Liam or Jaal suddenly bisexual. They've been established as straight so they should stay that way. But maybe when some future DLC comes out, it can come with one or more new squadmates that will hopefully give us better and more interesting options.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,821
    This game would get a 10/10 from me if I could romance Lexi. 
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 307
    Mass Cutscene Effect Andromeda is barely a game. There is no patch to fix this.
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited April 2017
    That's good news. It wasn't the animations that bothered me exactly. It was that my custom character didn't look in game like she did in the creator. For some strange reason she gained a Jay Leno chin and would push that big honking thing up into her face when she talked. This in combination with slightly off eye animations made it look like I created a character with down's syndrome. I just couldn't look at it. I only made it to the end of the first planet before putting it on hold for patches. That's the first time I've ever done that with a Bioware game. I'd have been satisfied with a way to edit my character's appearance. Glad they're addressing some of these issues. Maybe this weekend I'll give it another go.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Nickcs said:

now days you have publishers (EA) pushing devs (BW) to release the game at X date vs the days of old where pushbacks on the games release was well accepted by the fans. now days you do that and people go insane i mean look at no mans sky (failed game but remember the insident when it was pushed back)

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72
    "the ability to skip ahead when traveling between planets or systems"

Thank freaking Christ. I was tired of it taking 10 minutes to scan 5 planets.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Pretty much why I wait a year to buy AAA games now. They know they have years to fix it before the next one comes out.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

@Nickcs I agree with you.. Back before the buyout and before the Doc's left. Something like this wouldn't have made it to release. Most of these easily repeatable bugs and issues are things that would have been caught and fixed before release.

The quality control just does not seem to be there in Bioware anymore. Its pump stuff out and fix what we can in patches and then move on to the next game.

Problem is then it would most likely just be another KOTOR with better graphics. Like everything they made post KOTOR. It certainly is a different studio now, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing for folks who wanted to see them use a different formula..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    This should answer your questions about why things are so wrong in Mass Effect: Andromeda

Bioware "didn't want the female models to look too attractive". Amazing. What is it with the uglification of women in video games in the West? 
  • CMHWoodyCMHWoody Member UncommonPosts: 1

Grintch said:

I do! I tried to put the moves on Lyam as Scott, and while he was nice about it, he rejected me. Gil is available, I think, but he looks like he spends his day at a ship window every time we fly by a star. LOL
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Pretty much why I wait a year to buy AAA games now. They know they have years to fix it before the next one comes out.
    And you can get it on sale or packaged with the DLCs. I have a huge backlog of games to play anyway.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The patch is an important, but small, first step in fixing the game, there are still a plethora of bugs and glitches that need to be addressed, even Bioware themselves have admitted now that they think it will take months to address players concerns completely, i hope they can fix the game though whether this will include the poor quality of the writing in the game, i can only hope, if it wasn't for the fact that the combat in the game is pretty good, the game would be a dead loss. :o