Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOW TO SAVE THIS GAME

Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
Show them all the polls taken on this website about how players really prefer PvP over PvE.

Comments

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399

All of the polls in the world don't mean squat if the game developers can't make a game that can hold an audience for any length of time. Pure PvP all the time is a failure. If Shadowbane had a half way respectable PvE aspect, it may have held a larger audience. If they can keep the part time PvP/PvE community, they will succeed, see DAoC as an example. There really aren't enough pure PvPers out there to sustain a real MMO, unless you think 4 serves with a few hundred people on each one is a thriving community. Obviously UBI didn't think it was, hence SB's death.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Sheep flock to the easy pve games, while the wolves die off killing each other.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• HybbanHybban Member Posts: 12

You don't save a game once the developper studio has closed its doors. I've jus begun to play this game and for a good news I will probably never have to pay for this game. I'm very sad for the people who have developped this game, but you won't save this game now, not by saying that you love SO much PvP.

What I see now, is that this game is not really nice (but not too ugly too), that it gives opportunites for a lot for character advancement specifications and that only really big fans and a strong community wil stick to it. In fact, it makes me think about Anarchy Online for certain points. These are games I will only know by being a froob (free noob in AO).

And I think that these games still have potentials, and that they could charge say 5$/5€ a month, wich is really less than other games, and still could afford them to perform additionnal upgrades.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    I wish another gaming company would pick up where Shadowbane left off and make a GOOD "free will" open combat based mmorpg.

The things that would of kept people in Shadowbane (hell, I could see 1 million subscribers easy), is adding npc quests, 101% stable client, Unreal 3 graphics(heh!), and some type of faction system (tied to the quests) to aid new players along, and more things to do at endgame (epic mobs in dungeons, quests for them). 

To top it all off, add full looting, and make resourses EASY to get (except the good stuff).  Like mines producing 100 an hr of Quicksilver etc, but keep obsidian the same, because uber items will still be worth oodles of gold.  Also, as they were wanting to do, make it so a player can walk up to a ranked vendor, and have that vendor make him something, so IC dont have to do it (all the time with full loot in place heh).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.