Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Service Ending on October 4th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageService Ending on October 4th

ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds News - Webzen has announced that ASTA:The War of Tears & Winds will be ending service on October 4th. From today forward, no further store purchases will be possible. Players will enjoy 100% boosts to XP, Fame, Drop Rates and Gold throughout the end of the game's life.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Just several years late to the party.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Well that was fast. Just started hearing about this game recently it seems.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Crazy I never hear about games like this until they go under.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    this was a realy decent games but the publisher was bad

this games was ''the wow clone'' of china and honestly that the best wow clone i have see so far

also they lacked advertisment and players badly... and maybe should have releases 6-7 years ago
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited September 2016
    Well, that ejaculated quickly..
    Post edited by xyzercrime on

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    It had open PvP bad idea.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    You can blame the legion.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    Well, that escalated quickly.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    edited September 2016
    ELOA from Webzen also closes, this one mid-october.
    Seems they had bad luck with the recently added games. They should have grabbed stronger/bigger games like Revelation or Bless, still they have a chance with Moonlight Blade or Lost Ark.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Webzen isn't having good luck it seems lol. Archlord 2 got cut around the same time frame too.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Never really looked into it, but RIP.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Albatroes said:
    Webzen isn't having good luck it seems lol. Archlord 2 got cut around the same time frame too.
    Archlord 2 was such junk. It really was like they slapped together "a game" never fully released it, just has their "soft launch" and then shut it down.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Viper482 said:
    What does that tell you?
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Viper482 said:
    What does that tell you?
    They are going under is the best marketing strategy?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

also they lacked advertisment and players badly... and maybe should have releases 6-7 years ago

You been living where , in the past year? EVERY time I saw ads with ASTA, especially on websites which works with google ads! The number of ads were crazy. I though myself that they must invested a lot in ads for a ...B game.

Oh well! It seems from now on dev's have 2 options :

1) Stop making WoW clones
    2) Stop making WoW clones & make at least a decent MMO on it's own.

Bonus: Stop making WoW clones ( they should have done that years ago ) !

Stop making ... ok! Enough !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Torval said:
    Too bad it was a fun game with some interesting twists with bounty and treasure hunting. I wish there was some way these games could at least stay running for the niche that likes them.
    They are F2P games right?  F2P cant run as niche games, they need a mass of people buying sparkle ponies and g-strings to make money.

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    This was seen from afar that's why i stopped playing and warned that this would happen, I gave details on this forum how on launch day i saw no one for hours so i logged off that was a very strange night i had never played  a game at launch which was so deserted.

There is plenty webzen could do to get people interested in the game only Webzen seemed not to bother and only started releasing adverts couple of days before launch.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    AnnaTS said:
    This was seen from afar that's why i stopped playing and warned that this would happen, I gave details on this forum how on launch day i saw no one for hours so i logged off that was a very strange night i had never played  a game at launch which was so deserted.

There is plenty webzen could do to get people interested in the game only Webzen seemed not to bother and only started releasing adverts couple of days before launch.
    That's the story of Webzen with every game they have launched it seems. They launch all these games that could do relatively well but fail to advertise at all. Or at least have the slightest idea of when to hype a game up. By the time they start advertising any of their games, the game is either about to go into early access in a day, or it's been out so long it's completely dead already so anyone who shows the slightest interest in it tries it and assumes it's dead. It's really annoying. 
  • KudoseoKudoseo Member CommonPosts: 5
    I heard ASTA will be released on Steam at April, 2017 again. GOOD!!
  • redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    It was a really good game, if they had been able to localize it a little better it would have been great.  Some of the translations were pretty spotty when I played it.