Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye MadCatz, so long SC HOTAS

KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
So looks like anyone who was still holding their breath for a SC HOTAS can officially breathe again since MadCatz filed for Chapter 7 and is in the process of liquidating their assets. They have been in trouble for a while but this is probably the final nail in the coffin for the company.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/295000/Struggling_peripheral_maker_Mad_Catz_files_for_bankruptcy.php

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    *pfft* Helloooooooooooo!!!!!????? We are Canadian, so we'll still have free access to the cheaper, but durable Chinese HOTAS knock-offs. We have no need for Mad Catz. I have no idea what Murca will do, though. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017
    It's under Logitech since last year, the last update on SC HOTAS is that they do are to reach up and have conversations with Logitech about it.

Saitek was sold to Logitech September last year, that was when SC HOTAS plan pretty much went back to square 1.

MadCatz going RIP now doesn't affect the SC HOTAS plan, what affected it was when MadCatz sold Saitek (the relevant company here) to Logitech.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I've been using a Madcatz MMO7 gaming mouse for years... developed by Saitek. It's still a great mouse.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    It's under Logitech since last year, the last update on SC HOTAS is that they do are to reach up and have conversations with Logitech about it.

Saitek was sold to Logitech September last year, that was when SC HOTAS plan pretty much went back to square 1.

MadCatz going RIP now doesn't affect the SC HOTAS plan, what affected it was when MadCatz sold Saitek (the relevant company here) to Logitech.
    Wasn't sure if the SC HOTAS was part of the deal to Logitech. Thanks for the clarification 
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Clicbait tittle but old news regarding Star Citizen as it's been know almost for a year now that Logitech got the part that wanted (the joystick branch).

http://blog.logitech.com/2016/09/15/creating-immersive-gaming-experience-logitech-acquires-saitek/

As for a Star Citizen custom HOTAS I'm sure it will come at some point, the madcatz/saitek prototypes they showed looked awful and I'm sure Logitech will go in different direction.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    SC hotas is dead and has been since the sale to logitech as they clearly have no interest.

Also good riddance to madcatz/saitek...such junk.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I love my cyborg rat 9 wireless mouse so this makes me sad to hear.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    My favorite mouse for a good 3-4 years was a Mad Catz RAT 7.  

When it died and I ordered a new one, however, it was obvious that the company had changed.  In fact, it was quite obvious that they had changed the entire manufacturing process.  The first one was made with strong plastics, metal clips and connectors, textured but durable rubber and felt like a solid piece of machinery.

The second mouse, of the exact same model, was made of cheap flexible plastic, the metal clips, screws and connectors were now plastic, the rubberized texture was coming off in my hands the first day I used it.  In fact, it felt like I had bought a cheap knock-off brand instead of the real deal.  I ended up returning it for a refund with a strongly worded message about their quality control.

Now I'm back in the Logitech camp again with a Proteus Core and its a fantastic mouse.
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    They will have to make HOTAS work well for SC first. Right now mouse is pretty much the best way to play.
    They will have to make HOTAS work well for SC first. Right now mouse is pretty much the best way to play.
    I've starter with mouse and since I bought a hotas + pedals I can't go back to mouse and keyboard. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited April 2017
    Anyone looking for pedals.

I replaced my ancient CH pedals with these http://mfg.simundza.com/products

No complaints about my CH pedals, still working great after 15 years, but as far as control goes, they don't hold a candle to the Crosswind.

The Crosswind is made by a small business, it takes about 6 weeks to get the pedals and the vendor doesn't charge until the pedals are ready to ship.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Anyone looking for pedals.

I replaced my ancient CH pedals with these http://mfg.simundza.com/products

No complaints about my CH pedals, still working great after 15 years, but as far as control goes, they don't hold a candle to the Crosswind.

The Crosswind is made by a small business, it takes about 6 weeks to get the pedals and the vendor doesn't charge until the pedals are ready to ship.
    Yeah Milan knows is stuff! Best money can buy for flight enthusiasts.

2nd best and lower budget are the VKB ones: https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/pedals/vkb-t-rudder-pedals-mk-iv/

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    As someone who is into racing sims, I can tell you that the rabbit hole for this kind simulator equipment gets pretty deep and expensive, but you have to go digging.  The really good stuff isn't on Amazon, and is hand crafted by true enthusiasts and professionals.

The pedals that I want for my racing rig cost $900.  There's no way in hell my wife will go for that.  My dream racing rig?  Around 20K total.