Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Live Re-Broadcast Spotlights Warden Class - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageESO Live Re-Broadcast Spotlights Warden Class - Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG.com

Elder Scrolls Online News - At the end of last week, the Elder Scrolls Online team participated in ESO Live stream to show off the Warden class that will be coming to the game with the release of the Morrowind expansion. The re-broadcast of the event has been posted to Youtube. The developers spent over an hour showing Warden's abilities as she fought through Morrowind's locations.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Ugh! This class does nothing for me :(
  • mr.sarayut97mr.sarayut97 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Thx!!
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I know the environments are "Elder Scrolls Accurate" but all these grassy outdoor zones are quite boring.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Teal is strange color choice for warden abilities. Why not green?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

kaz350 said:

I know the environments are "Elder Scrolls Accurate" but all these grassy outdoor zones are quite boring.

Well, Morrowind will give you something different then.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

kaz350 said:

That was Morrowind in the video :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

kaz350 said:

But there will be other areas than "outdoor grassy zones" in Morrowind.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

kaz350 said:

There are everywhere in other zones too... as there are swamps, deserts, lava fields, etc. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Iselin said:
    Teal is strange color choice for warden abilities. Why not green?
    My guess is because they also have Ice abilities, so blue + green = teal?
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited April 2017
    Looks like they're trying to make bows a viable endgame weapon other than as a back bar DoT whore.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    boring as hell
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The hype is winding down i think. And the warden does look kind of dull. The bear is cool though.
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:

kaz350 said:

There are everywhere in other zones too... as there are swamps, deserts, lava fields, etc. 
    True so he should have absolutely no trouble finding places without grass. B)

Hariken said:
    The hype is winding down i think. And the warden does look kind of dull. The bear is cool though.
    It'd be cooler if it could tank. From what I saw in the video, my Sorc's clanfear tanks better than the bear,

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I was really thinking about coming back to the game when I heard about the new class - Warden.

After seeing it in action - I don't think so.

Looks like a very Boring class.

Bear should have a charge to get to target faster.

Bear should have a taunt to take agro.

Only one ultimate with Bear out? Yikes.

Wish it had more immediate affects on CC, for instance on knock down. They call it "strategy" I call it - boring as hell as in slowing down my playing and making it harder for me to react in real time in pvp.

I won't come back for boring.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm going to give it a go. I look forward to canceling all those animations.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577

Zenislav said:

Is it just me or this more and more looks like DLC with price of expansion simply because it is elder scrolls game and they are trying to lure us with Morrowind nostalgia feeling?

This island's landmass is bigger than WoW Legion's landmass (with all content patches), so I wouldn't say that it looks like a DLC. With ESO you have to understand that it's Zones are exceptionally huge, while WoW has some of the smaller Zones in the genre. That's why ESO almost never feels like it's instanced, and more like an open-world. After all, those wayshrines had to be added in the last minute, just because it was taking too damn long to get through 1 standard zone.

The size is definitively there. And with ESO, quality is never a question either. Yes they could add more dungeons and raids for that small percentage of players that actually do them, or they could focus on the story (as they apparently did).

I wasn't expecting a new class either, and in ESO it's kinda pointless anyway. There are so many combinations of spells that you could create 100s of classes on your own.

And lastly this expansion is only 40$, so on the cheap side as far as expansions go. With the same size as SP Morrowind (except with much more content), that's practically a steal. If Orsinium was that well received, I have no doubt that Morrowind will be all that MMO/ES fans will talk about this year.
  • killmaxskikillmaxski Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Super excited! Zenimax and Bethesda doing great things.
  • Darkonflare15Darkonflare15 Member UncommonPosts: 14

Iselin said:

Hariken said:

It'd be cooler if it could tank. From what I saw in the video, my Sorc's clanfear tanks better than the bear,

The bear is a dps ultimate. It is not supose to tank.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Hmmm do i go the stamina ranger route or the magicka shaman route...can't decide

I was really thinking about coming back to the game when I heard about the new class - Warden.

After seeing it in action - I don't think so.

Looks like a very Boring class.

Bear should have a charge to get to target faster.

Bear should have a taunt to take agro.

Only one ultimate with Bear out? Yikes.

Wish it had more immediate affects on CC, for instance on knock down. They call it "strategy" I call it - boring as hell as in slowing down my playing and making it harder for me to react in real time in pvp.

I won't come back for boring.

They only shone one skill line of the class. The class has two other skill lines which they will show in future Eso lives. Like the ice skillline which has cc and tanking abilities and the nature growth skill line that has heal and utility.

Iselin said:

Hariken said:

What it is, is an ultimate that takes up both ultimate slots and hasn't shown me anything why I would slot that instead of Meteor, Dawnbreaker or any of the weapon ultimates. 

But it's par for the course because ZOS has always been ultra shy about making pets actually worth slotting. Even sorc pets, 3 years later, are just situational for solo builds doing group content such as world bosses or solo veteran dungeons.

If it can't hold aggro this bear would be useless even for that.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Iselin said:

Hariken said:

What it is, is an ultimate that takes up both ultimate slots and hasn't shown me anything why I would slot that instead of Meteor, Dawnbreaker or any of the weapon ultimates. 

But it's par for the course because ZOS has always been ultra shy about making pets actually worth slotting. Even sorc pets, 3 years later, are just situational for solo builds doing group content such as world bosses or solo veteran dungeons.

If it can't hold aggro this bear would be useless even for that.

Well it is a ultimate that constantly does damage unlike all the other ultimates which are just used and then goes away. It scales off players stats and champion points unlike any other pet in the game. Most pets like the sorc pets only scale off max magicka nothing else.Plus it is a ultimate that does not need ultimate to use.
    It being used on both bars in order to keep it up just makes sense.