Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect Andromeda Isn’t As Bad As You’ve Heard - The RPG Files at MMORPG.com

Comments

• eaggieaggi Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2017
    I enjoyed the game from start to finish. Some of the facial animations are abit... yeah you have seen them. But all in all I am really looking forward to see how the story progresses. I spent 80 hours on my first playthru. Pissed of at some minor bugs that have made me stuck at 99% complete, hopefully it will work better during my second run.

Hopefully we will not have to wait another five years for the next game.

Keep it simple.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited April 2017

Phry said:

Apparently on April 4th they (Bioware) are going to let us know how they are going to fix the game, but as The Know have said, is it too late to save the game, and how much can they actually reasonably fix, certainly not the writing, not unless they are willing to do a 'do over' as was done with FFXIV1.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVD0akqlZfA

Who says that ME: A is in the need of saving ?

And since when is the opinion of a youtube channel considered as an axiom ?
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

Iselin said:

"Twitter group think leads us to believe that a 76 on Metacritic is a failure"

This goes in the same context as your review. Look at the user score: 4.7 2056 Ratings

your narrative. your "truth" what you want for us to BELIEVE : 21 Critics, outlets, = 76

Let me do a clap.....

*clap*

You actually put a bunch of trolls who give the game a 0 or a 1 on the same level of relevance as people who do extended reviews explaining what they liked and didn't like?

Yeah I get that real reviews take time to read and the user "reviews" are more like tweets that may be more in your comfort zone, but give your head a shake, you're talking about two totally different things.

people who dont like the game = trolls

great logic dude ... another *clap* for you.
    It's tough to argue this point.  The people who didn't like it tend to be trolls about it, and the people who do, tend to be fanboi's about it.  Reading this thread doesn't seem like anyything else than a troll/fanboi war.

I don't think it's as good as the other three, but i like it so far after 50 hours.  There's my review.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Katilla said:

Iselin said:

"Twitter group think leads us to believe that a 76 on Metacritic is a failure"

This goes in the same context as your review. Look at the user score: 4.7 2056 Ratings

your narrative. your "truth" what you want for us to BELIEVE : 21 Critics, outlets, = 76

Let me do a clap.....

*clap*

You actually put a bunch of trolls who give the game a 0 or a 1 on the same level of relevance as people who do extended reviews explaining what they liked and didn't like?

Yeah I get that real reviews take time to read and the user "reviews" are more like tweets that may be more in your comfort zone, but give your head a shake, you're talking about two totally different things.

people who dont like the game = trolls

great logic dude ... another *clap* for you.
    It's tough to argue this point.  The people who didn't like it tend to be trolls about it, and the people who do, tend to be fanboi's about it.  Reading this thread doesn't seem like anyything else than a troll/fanboi war.

I don't think it's as good as the other three, but i like it so far after 50 hours.  There's my review.
    Well you're missing the whole point. You, just like the vast majority of metacritic user "reviews," are offering no substance that in any meaningful way would let others know why you "like it so far."

That is precisely what makes the multi-paragraph critic reviews useful and why I use air quotes to refer to the metacritic one-liner "reviews." It's what makes those user scores irrelevant.

Rock Paper Shotgun did a full review (with no numerical score as is their way) of MEA and they slammed it pretty hard... too hard, IMO, but I respect what they had to say as an informative review not as a useless almost clever twitter quip passing itself off as a "review."
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    rensta said:

Ginaz said:

I have no idea why the staff here are defending the game as much as they are. I haven't seen it taken to this level before. We get it. You like the game. You really, really like it. Some people won't like it as much as you or at all. Some of the criticism is a little overboard (like all the social engineering stuff) but there are many legitimate problems with this new ME. Some of the staff responses are borderline fanboyism. Relax and calm your tits.

+1
    Whatever you say about people not liking the game, you guys just keep posting positive reviews one after another, yes we get it, you like it, or they pay you, but, we don't care, just move on.
    You don't have to prove you are right, you stated your review and opinion long ago.
    And we get it you don't like the game move on!  Take your own advice instead of coming to any article that actually has something good to say and try to prove it wrong.  Hypocrite much!
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    In the end it didn't matter if the game was the best game ever made or if it was a total piece of crap.  Many people are still upset about the ending of Mass Effect 3 and just can't let it go and will complain about everything from this point on that Bioware releases.  Even if they gave people a million dollars to complete the game people would still be pissing in the wind and moaning about every little thing they can find and be upset about.  The mentality of our societies today is getting worse every year.  Instead of being appreciative of what we have all they do is complain about what they don't have or want.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I made it half way through the game and was like wtf , game sux.
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited April 2017

Iselin said:

TimEisen said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Iselin said:

Phry said:

Those that do mention that person however, are just supplying the reasons why certain aspects of the game are sub par, 

No matter how you shake it, the mention of his tasteless tweets are 100% irrelevant to the game. It just makes those who insist on mentioning that or throwing SJW in there easy to dismiss as trolls with an agenda other than the game's merits or lack thereof.

Sorry, but Manveir and the SJW developers on his team as well as the SJW main character voice actors had a direct effect on the games development, so they are highly relevant to the discussion, whether you like it or not.

Did the devs make the SJW angle clear? IMO studios follow money and avoid nich politics as those things generally cost more than they are worth and cause drama which adds another cost. I assumed they were just getting on the "strong female lead" gimmick that has taken over Hollywood ever since Hunger Games proved to be a draw. 

Nah. It's just hysterical and irrelevant nonsense.

Considering the world demographics and that the human ark should theoretically be representative of that, if anything, white males are over-represented... just like they are in all space operas.

It's the same old gamergate crap with the same cast of characters who like to insult professional reviewers as corrupt lackeys and Bioware as part of some feminist agenda. They just pointed their hate at MEA and went with it.

The twitter mob mind at work.

Ah yes you are one of those guys. Now I see why you cant use logic in your arguments. Now it is all clear: whoever disagrees with you or media is a troll etc. btw. in this thread nobody mentioned gamergate or sjw. it was only you.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    It is kind of disappointing that there are so many homophobes in gaming. It makes gamers seem like immature jerks and that is sad
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited April 2017

Ah yes you are one of those guys. Now I see why you cant use logic in your arguments. Now it is all clear: whoever disagrees with you or media is a troll etc. btw. in this thread nobody mentioned gamergate or sjw. it was only you.
    Hmmm

"Sorry, but Manveir and the SJW developers on his team as well as the SJW main character voice actors had a direct effect on the games development, so they are highly relevant to the discussion, whether you like it or not.
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462434/mass-effect-andromeda-isn-t-as-bad-as-you-ve-heard-the-rpg-files-at-mmorpg-com/p2#oek6eXhBRQ3ptCCZ.99

link seems to go to this tread.... it's even in the quote chain you responded to :)..... kinda happened before Iselin's post..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    It's so poorly written, I cringe all the time at it... plus I hate how we've gone to a new Galaxy and it's all the same and I'm bored of shooting everything in an RPG, give me new gameplay.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    My husband seems to like it. I haven't played it yet since I'm replaying the original trilogy first (I'm starting mass effect 2 today, I'm just updating a few things first, like going to HD textures).
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited April 2017

Iselin said:

TimEisen said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Iselin said:

Phry said:

Those that do mention that person however, are just supplying the reasons why certain aspects of the game are sub par, 

No matter how you shake it, the mention of his tasteless tweets are 100% irrelevant to the game. It just makes those who insist on mentioning that or throwing SJW in there easy to dismiss as trolls with an agenda other than the game's merits or lack thereof.

Sorry, but Manveir and the SJW developers on his team as well as the SJW main character voice actors had a direct effect on the games development, so they are highly relevant to the discussion, whether you like it or not.

Did the devs make the SJW angle clear? IMO studios follow money and avoid nich politics as those things generally cost more than they are worth and cause drama which adds another cost. I assumed they were just getting on the "strong female lead" gimmick that has taken over Hollywood ever since Hunger Games proved to be a draw. 

Considering the world demographics and that the human ark should theoretically be representative of that, if anything, white males are over-represented... just like they are in all space operas.

It's the same old gamergate crap with the same cast of characters who like to insult professional reviewers as corrupt lackeys and Bioware as part of some feminist agenda. They just pointed their hate at MEA and went with it.

Don't mind him. When people pointed out that you couldn't make white characters in MEA he went on a racist rant against "pink boys" being selfish. That's not the type of person anyone takes seriously.

Iselin said:

TimEisen said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Iselin said:

Phry said:

Don't mind him. When people pointed out that you couldn't make white characters in MEA he went on a racist rant against "pink boys" being selfish. That's not the type of person anyone takes seriously.
    Can't make white characters? What? Where did you get that nonsense from?

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Distopia said:

Iselin said:

TimEisen said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Iselin said:

Phry said:

From all the wisdom one gathers from not playing the game duh.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    idk how bad is bad or "what you've heard" but i would give it a 5/10.
    6/10 to me is  barely playable but i will play it,5/10 means it is ok but i won't play it.
    I feel people are way too easy and generous when handing out scores,i guess with limited knowledge i can understand it.It is like asking a soccer player to rate a baseball game.

I look to the main core design aspects,then i decide are any of them good?

graphics?They do nothing for me
    Story..again does nothing for me,cs's are not even done very well,poorly actually.
    combat?Hell no,sub par.
    mapping/layout...boring,does nothing for me.
    peripherals?I saw some,not enough to make up for he rest of the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Distopia said:

From all the wisdom one gathers from not playing the game duh.
    Yet people wonder why others feel the need to come here and dispel the BS. People believe anything they read....

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited April 2017
    Wizardry said:
    idk how bad is bad or "what you've heard" but i would give it a 5/10.
    6/10 to me is  barely playable but i will play it,5/10 means it is ok but i won't play it.
    I feel people are way too easy and generous when handing out scores,i guess with limited knowledge i can understand it.It is like asking a soccer player to rate a baseball game.

I look to the main core design aspects,then i decide are any of them good?

graphics?They do nothing for me
    Story..again does nothing for me,cs's are not even done very well,poorly actually.
    combat?Hell no,sub par.
    mapping/layout...boring,does nothing for me.
    peripherals?I saw some,not enough to make up for he rest of the game.

How can you even begin to rate something you haven't played? Do you also rate books you haven't read and movies you haven't watched?

You and many others here just want to get in on the action of discussing a game that's being discussed everywhere without having played a minute of it for fear of being left out of discussing a hot topic. I get that.

But where do you get off giving it a numerical score?

You never fail to amuse.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Distopia said:

Iselin said:

TimEisen said:

OG_Zorvan said:

Iselin said:

Phry said:

He was responding to someone else, not something I said.

However I do see the argument, the lightest you can get looks Puerto Rican or Mediterranean. If you want to make someone who looks Irish, Swedish, German, etc. you're out of luck because the skin tones can't go that light.

Bioware has even acknowledged this.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Sounds like somebody is tossing money at the gaming sites trying to stem the flow of bad reviews. Good boy...now rollover.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Sounds like somebody is tossing money at the gaming sites trying to stem the flow of bad reviews. Good boy...now rollover.
    Because Bioware and EA are really going to pay an MMORPG website to give them positive reviews...

However I do see the argument, the lightest you can get looks Puerto Rican or Mediterranean.

The 2 appearances at 1:54 to 2:00 look pretty damn white to me.

edited April 2017
    Distopia said:

He was responding to someone else, not something I said.

However I do see the argument, the lightest you can get looks Puerto Rican or Mediterranean. If you want to make someone who looks Irish, Swedish, German, etc. you're out of luck because the skin tones can't go that light.

Bioware has even acknowledged this.

I tested it right when i read it, you can't be pale as a ghost sure, but the character I made is most definitely white I used the preset shown at 2:00 in the video Forgrimm posted as a base. 

Just can't figure out the screenshot function in MEA, as it has a folder for them, yet the usual printscreen does nothing, and it's not listed under the key bindings as far as I can see. He doesn't look anything but white though. 

edited April 2017
    Forgrimm said:

However I do see the argument, the lightest you can get looks Puerto Rican or Mediterranean.

The 2 appearances at 1:54 to 2:00 look pretty damn white to me.

You have a very different idea of what a white person is than the rest of the world.

And these are mostly Mediterranean. You go north of Italy and they get really pasty. 
    You have a very different idea of what a white person is than the rest of the world.

This doesn't look white to you?...