Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forged in Flame Update Deployed, Adds Level 70 Content - Rift - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageForged in Flame Update Deployed, Adds Level 70 Content - Rift - MMORPG.com

Rift News - Players at the top end of Rift have a ton of new content to experience thanks to the deployment of the Forged in Flame update. The patch includes the Tantraric Depths 10-player raid for level 70 players, Eternal Items obtained through a level 70 quest series and the Rise of the Phoenix quest as well as the reworked level 70 Intrepid Gyel Fortress.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    I think I'm going to give this game another spin. I have very fond memories of the launch of this game. Had some great times with rift invasions of towns. I know there is a lot of doom and gloom out there about this game, but I'd like to try out the game for myself.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    And the crowd goes mild!
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Torval said:
    This last update was pretty disappointing considering the reuptake costs and how many old builds were broken such that viable build options dwindled to a couple per class. Their poor launch also wasted the last month of my sub so overall this mmo gets dropped back down near the bottom. It feels like some of my other studios and pubs are working a lot harder and squeezing the players a lot less.
    I still shake my head at the path the company has walked down. I remember the original launch of Rift, heck I played it non-stop with a great raiding guild.
    The devs where accessible, seemed genuinely to care more about the game and players than any bottom line.
    Great variations in class builds, new content, and above all - and overriding enthusiasm that jumped out of the screen at you.
    Now I see it with some sadness. Still a game with fantastic potential but seemingly infected by the drive 'at all costs' for the bottom line dollars.
    For anyone coming into the game there's a pretty daunting expansion cost pile up, which seems to get steeper the longer the game continues.
    Maybe if they brought out some kind of reduced cost lump sum package? But even then the road that Trion has gone down may tend to discourage people from committing.
    Which is a real shame when thinking of my original memories of of Rift and the company.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Then: No tricks, no traps.

Now: No customers.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

JudgeUK said:

Torval said:

This last update was pretty disappointing considering the reuptake costs and how many old builds were broken such that viable build options dwindled to a couple per class. Their poor launch also wasted the last month of my sub so overall this mmo gets dropped back down near the bottom. It feels like some of my other studios and pubs are working a lot harder and squeezing the players a lot less.

I still shake my head at the path the company has walked down. I remember the original launch of Rift, heck I played it non-stop with a great raiding guild.
    The devs where accessible, seemed genuinely to care more about the game and players than any bottom line.
    Great variations in class builds, new content, and above all - and overriding enthusiasm that jumped out of the screen at you.
    Now I see it with some sadness. Still a game with fantastic potential but seemingly infected by the drive 'at all costs' for the bottom line dollars.
    For anyone coming into the game there's a pretty daunting expansion cost pile up, which seems to get steeper the longer the game continues.
    Maybe if they brought out some kind of reduced cost lump sum package? But even then the road that Trion has gone down may tend to discourage people from committing.
    Which is a real shame when thinking of my original memories of of Rift and the company.

would u buy all the WoW expansions tho?
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

zenomex said:

JudgeUK said:

Torval said:

would u buy all the WoW expansions tho?

Looks at my pile of WoW expansions.......
    Who me? Possibly.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    You know a Trion game is in trouble when even DMKano doesn't visit it's thread to defend it!

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Zzzzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Game needs full server merging so all the guilds and economies are in the same place. Other than that, there's a TON in the game. So much so that it looks like an overwhelming mess. Call it a learning curve? Maybe.. but IMO there's too many currencies.. too many items.. too many ways of upgrading items... too many equipment slots...

Seriously, it's all just thrown in there. Total overkill with no proper introduction to it all aside from one or two simple quests.

What there isn't...is too many builds or skills. Yeh, there's always what people call 'viable' builds.. but that's just elitists talking. You can make whatever you want and be successful at almost all normal PvE and Dungeons. Raids are the only issue; if you're not facerolling it, the elites will complain.

This game gets half of an awesome MMO right and half wrong.

Still, I think it's one of the best options for that old school themepark MMO style. WoW isn't that style anymore, it changed man. EQ2 has not aged well at all. Archeage has those absolutely stupid restrictions on how much you can do at once. FFXIV is a decent option though, I suppose.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.