Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eternal Kingdoms: An Overview - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited March 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageEternal Kingdoms: An Overview - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

Everyone playing Crowfall has access to an Eternal Kingdom that can grow to become something as formidable as a commerce center or a protective enclave for a guild. ArtCraft has posted a general overview of Eternal Kingdoms that is a must-watch for budding Crows.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,028
    I had no idea EKs were in! I know what I'm doing this weekend!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "access"?Very lazy article.

    Need a lot more information than that.
    So i had to seek out the actual game site to find the answers,btw NOT via this link.Next time put some effort into the article.

    Kingdoms CAN grow quite large but i will assume that typically your initially given an 8x8 lot or maybe only a cell idk which is very small,i would hardly call that a KINGDOM.I do not even think you get the lots either for your Kingdom,just the deed and the "potential" to grow into an actual large Kingdom from that 1 8x8 lot.


    Not divulged for obvious reasons,is how costly will this entire venture set someone back to "fully" play ONE video game?200...300.500+?
    I am sure someone will do the math and come up with an actual cost just to barebones the property rights,then to actually fill it in with structures,another cost.
    Then immediately work begins on creating more cash shop ideas and you end up wishing you never touched the game.



    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,028
    Wizardry said:
    "access"?Very lazy article.

    Need a lot more information than that.
    So i had to seek out the actual game site to find the answers,btw NOT via this link.Next time put some effort into the article.

    Kingdoms CAN grow quite large but i will assume that typically your initially given an 8x8 lot or maybe only a cell idk which is very small,i would hardly call that a KINGDOM.I do not even think you get the lots either for your Kingdom,just the deed and the "potential" to grow into an actual large Kingdom from that 1 8x8 lot.


    Not divulged for obvious reasons,is how costly will this entire venture set someone back to "fully" play ONE video game?200...300.500+?
    I am sure someone will do the math and come up with an actual cost just to barebones the property rights,then to actually fill it in with structures,another cost.
    Then immediately work begins on creating more cash shop ideas and you end up wishing you never touched the game.




    Do you ever get tired of being wrong in literally every thread?
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I must admit im looking forward to this one as it impresses me more with each new bit I see on the game.

    I will admit I do not know enough about the game to understand what influence EK's will have on the PvP side of things. But being able to buy deeds from the online store? How much of an issue is that going to be for PvP?

    As I am envisioning a bunch of whales buying deeds to gain an advantage over everyone else. Or will this not be an issue as the buildings will have no bearing as they are cosmetic only.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Scarran said:
    I must admit im looking forward to this one as it impresses me more with each new bit I see on the game.

    I will admit I do not know enough about the game to understand what influence EK's will have on the PvP side of things. But being able to buy deeds from the online store? How much of an issue is that going to be for PvP?

    As I am envisioning a bunch of whales buying deeds to gain an advantage over everyone else. Or will this not be an issue as the buildings will have no bearing as they are cosmetic only.
    EKs will have very little effect on campaigns, where 99.9% of the PvP will happen. Gear can be crafted in EKs, but EKs only produce the lowest quality resources, and campaigns have import limits. Players will need to compete in the campaigns to obtain the best resources and bring them back to their EKs, or trade with others who do. Having a bunch of extra buildings and parcels in their EK isn't going to give anyone an advantage within the campaigns. 
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102

    Arkade99 said:


    Scarran said:

    I must admit im looking forward to this one as it impresses me more with each new bit I see on the game.



    I will admit I do not know enough about the game to understand what influence EK's will have on the PvP side of things. But being able to buy deeds from the online store? How much of an issue is that going to be for PvP?



    As I am envisioning a bunch of whales buying deeds to gain an advantage over everyone else. Or will this not be an issue as the buildings will have no bearing as they are cosmetic only.


    EKs will have very little effect on campaigns, where 99.9% of the PvP will happen. Gear can be crafted in EKs, but EKs only produce the lowest quality resources, and campaigns have import limits. Players will need to compete in the campaigns to obtain the best resources and bring them back to their EKs, or trade with others who do. Having a bunch of extra buildings and parcels in their EK isn't going to give anyone an advantage within the campaigns. 



    Thanks for the info thats good to hear.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    So.,..been excited for this one, but the graphics still look really bad for a game that's been in development and supposedly ready to release late this year or early next year. Also, the game is based on PVP and to my understanding you can take over someones land correct? If that is the case, don't EK contradict that, they are basically safezones in the sky?

    Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,028
    SirBalin said:
    So.,..been excited for this one, but the graphics still look really bad for a game that's been in development and supposedly ready to release late this year or early next year. Also, the game is based on PVP and to my understanding you can take over someones land correct? If that is the case, don't EK contradict that, they are basically safezones in the sky?

    There's a whole website full of info for you.  Don't think anyone should sit here and type out all that same information.  Not exactly yes or no questions you're asking lol
Sign In or Register to comment.