Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Console Port Confirmed by BDO Devs - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Recore said:

Awesome news,

I want crossplay between Xbox, Playstation and PC.

No thanks I would really hope to play with just PS4 users, fucking some real twat talk on Xbox.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

MaxBacon said:

MMOs like this on consoles, no no no no no. :(

//hides on bunker

Unfortunately for you the console market is where it's at these days, suck it up.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The game as is, won't run too well on console hardware, not without a significant downgrade on graphics, even for the newer upcoming consoles, they are still despite everything, not comparable to a gaming PC, at best they are barely comparable to a mid range PC, so while they can downgrade the graphics for console, i doubt there will be any cross platform play, as an action MMO that is heavy on the combo's and there are a lot of combo's, its not something that a gamepad can handle all that easily, nor would console players be able to compete with PC players on a level playing field, i can only imagine how sluggish it would be trying to play the game using a gamepad, though it has to be said that PS4 does support Keyboard and mouse use natively, the Xbox does not, perhaps the Scorpio will address that deficiency.
    I am not against cross play, in FFXIV:ARR it works extremely well, but that isnt an action combat game, its a tab target one, with hot keys etc. and using Hotkeys in BDO is far slower and less effective than using combo's, also FFXIV:ARR is a cooperative gameplay MMO, and what PVP there is, is not even remotely similar to that found in BDO, the result would undoubtedly be that in a cross platform game PC players would have a distinct advantage, particularly if they also had a higher framerate advantage, as lets face it, the base PS4 even, which is a more powerful games machine than the base XB1, would likely be unable to manage 30 fps at 1080 resolution. O.o
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240

Phry said:

as an action MMO that is heavy on the combo's and there are a lot of combo's, its not something that a gamepad can handle all that easily O.o

Devil May Cry has a lot of combos too

Phry said:

as an action MMO that is heavy on the combo's and there are a lot of combo's, its not something that a gamepad can handle all that easily O.o

Also Ninja Gaiden series (This game just as or more harder than Dark Souls series)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Phry said:

Devil May Cry has a lot of combos too
    Yeah, I was going to say, don't consoles have games that utilize a lot of combos? Then again, Black Desert has a LOT of combos (though many are probably not used) so maybe it can't handle that? Should be interesting to see.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Yeah, I was going to say, don't consoles have games that utilize a lot of combos? Then again, Black Desert has a LOT of combos (though many are probably not used) so maybe it can't handle that? Should be interesting to see.
    You can count all the combos here for DmC http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2013/01/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-move-list.htm
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Combos are the pillars of consoles mate. Who else brought their Mortal Kombat cheat-sheet to work/school to memorize the combos and getting ready for the afternoon's rumble?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Sovrath said:
    You can count all the combos here for DmC http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2013/01/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-move-list.htm
    Well, not only is that quite a bit, I'm glad I don't play console!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    please port EQ1 / EQOA to modern console, thanks :)
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    System said:
    imageConsole Port Confirmed by BDO Devs - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - The Black Desert Online Twitter has confirmed that a PlayStation 4 and XBox One version of the game is in production at Pearl Abyss. The post indicated that that was all the information that could be confirmed but we'll keep you posted as the story develops.

Read the full story here

Lol, dont see how that ones possible. This game has trouble running on a 1080ti and a ryzen 1700 3.8 ghz. Consoles always have more players, and the xbox and ps4, even the pro have a hard time running ESO maxed out. What is the pop in range gonna be 3 feet lol, I am sure that will go over great. 
    System said:

Black Desert Online News - The Black Desert Online Twitter has confirmed that a PlayStation 4 and XBox One version of the game is in production at Pearl Abyss. The post indicated that that was all the information that could be confirmed but we'll keep you posted as the story develops.

Read the full story here

Lol, dont see how that ones possible. This game has trouble running on a 1080ti and a ryzen 1700 3.8 ghz. Consoles always have more players, and the xbox and ps4, even the pro have a hard time running ESO maxed out. What is the pop in range gonna be 3 feet lol, I am sure that will go over great. 
    If they can have planetside 2 playing on PS4, I dont see why not
    And how is this hard time running?  This on normal PS4

• illjoyilljoy Member UncommonPosts: 7

flguy147 said:

Recently moved from PC to Xbone, so this is good news. Bdo is literally one of the most beautiful games of all time in pc though, IDK how console will handle those graphics lol

Scorpio should handle it fine when it comes out later this year.

HA, got a giggle out of that. Always fun to see stuff like this especially the (insert any console) can run native 4K.

System said:

Read the full story here

If they can have planetside 2 playing on PS4, I dont see why not
    And how is this hard time running?  This on normal PS4

You're comparing games that aren't as demanding as BDO, when BDO comes to console I expect it too look like APB

Phry said:

The game as is, won't run too well on console hardware, not without a significant downgrade on graphics, even for the newer upcoming consoles, they are still despite everything, not comparable to a gaming PC, at best they are barely comparable to a mid range PC, so while they can downgrade the graphics for console, i doubt there will be any cross platform play, as an action MMO that is heavy on the combo's and there are a lot of combo's, its not something that a gamepad can handle all that easily, nor would console players be able to compete with PC players on a level playing field, i can only imagine how sluggish it would be trying to play the game using a gamepad, though it has to be said that PS4 does support Keyboard and mouse use natively, the Xbox does not, perhaps the Scorpio will address that deficiency.
    I am not against cross play, in FFXIV:ARR it works extremely well, but that isnt an action combat game, its a tab target one, with hot keys etc. and using Hotkeys in BDO is far slower and less effective than using combo's, also FFXIV:ARR is a cooperative gameplay MMO, and what PVP there is, is not even remotely similar to that found in BDO, the result would undoubtedly be that in a cross platform game PC players would have a distinct advantage, particularly if they also had a higher framerate advantage, as lets face it, the base PS4 even, which is a more powerful games machine than the base XB1, would likely be unable to manage 30 fps at 1080 resolution. O.o

There's also the afk game as well. Im curious to see how PA handles that for the console vr