Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware to Talk Solutions to Improve & Build On the Game - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBioware to Talk Solutions to Improve & Build On the Game - Mass Effect: Andromeda - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda News - After the passing of the customary "week of silence" after a game launch, the Mass Effect Andromeda team has come back to life with a new Twitter post. In it, players are thanked for their feedback, both positive and critical. On Tuesday, April 4th, the team will be sharing ideas for improving MEA and moving it forward.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    just live up to the standards of a AAA company, where are the quality controls, game is just a money grap period and since ME is not the first release but the 4th in this series.

my 2 cents
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    How about releasing games when they are ready - you have the budget and the guaranteed sales. The best way to guarantee future sales is to release polished products.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Shame they can't hotfix the shitshow of character animations, story depth, and terrible dialogue.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2017
    Maybe they shouldn't have wasted "Funds" buying "Denuvo DRM" license for this game, and I would have purchased this game myself so they had more money, but I told them (Denuvo = No Buy.)

Last game i played and enjoyed was Mass Effect 2.

I don't honestly understand why older generation of Video Game developers are doing better than today's developers.
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Some of it good and some of it critical???
    No, most of it is just bad.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I thought it looked bland to me,got several similar impressions from gamer's/streamers as well.
    I did not think it looked awful,just an average game that i did not want to spend money on because imo it was not good enough.
    That is why i use Twitch a lot now to see for myself what is going on in these games.
    A very similar impression i get throughout every streamer and every game is players do NOT seem to be paying attention to anything game design but are merely tunnel vision on "completing the game" and it seems that is the same goal every time and not weather they are actually having fun.
    My definition of FUN cannot be considered the first play through because everything is in a honeymoon state,the AWE of the FIRST time,first see.

If you enjoy going back and playing it 3/4/5x then i would say you really do think it is fun,but a one time completion and don,that is a completionist,not a fun experience.I was one up on that,i din't want to play it even once after seeing streams.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NickcsNickcs Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Cut scene animations in ME:A is a step ( At places, several ) behind the previous games in the series. Dialogue also seems "weak" in lack of a better word.

Combat has improved though, dash is great.

Im only on my 2nd planet, so my ME:A experience is rather limited - but combat, cut scene animations and dialogue stood out already.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I guess that means I should hold off buying after the trial is over, at least until they roll the fixes out, might as well get the best experience, not that I found it bad, but I only get 10 hours of play which isn't much in a game like this, earlier areas are usually more polished than the later ones. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Wizardry said:
    I thought it looked bland to me,got several similar impressions from gamer's/streamers as well.
    I did not think it looked awful,just an average game that i did not want to spend money on because imo it was not good enough.
    That is why i use Twitch a lot now to see for myself what is going on in these games.
    A very similar impression i get throughout every streamer and every game is players do NOT seem to be paying attention to anything game design but are merely tunnel vision on "completing the game" and it seems that is the same goal every time and not weather they are actually having fun.
    My definition of FUN cannot be considered the first play through because everything is in a honeymoon state,the AWE of the FIRST time,first see.

If you enjoy going back and playing it 3/4/5x then i would say you really do think it is fun,but a one time completion and don,that is a completionist,not a fun experience.I was one up on that,i din't want to play it even once after seeing streams.

Interesting.  I can't think of many single player RPGs that I have played through more than once (and those I have - have all been Bioware titles).  I considered many of these single play-throughs 'fun'.  I guess my point is that different people have different definitions of fun.

So far I am enjoying this game and I don't regret buying it.  The facial animations are a bit wonky and I don't particularly like either default Ryder.  My primary gripe is the console interface and UI (I'd like to track more than 1 quest at a time).   I'd give it a solid 7.
    edited March 2017
    DMKano said:
    Even if they fix animations - the rest of the game is still crap. From the story, to some of the most trite dialogue - the amount of stuff they'd need to fix, might as well re-release the game.
    I find it to be far from crap, the story isn't that bad, nor is most of the dialogue. Most of it's real problems are superficial. Certain facial animations/expressions, some wonky movements (that's been rare). The game is rather unique IMO, I like it far more than DA:I. As that just felt like generic open world fantasy game #100.

At least ME:A is an atmosphere we don't see a whole lot of. Open world space RPG's don't have much presence in the overall genre. It certainly has it's place IMO, hence I will definitely pick this one up, which is something I don't do a whole lot of today...I usually buy older games I missed due to playing MMOs.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    The game is excellent at it's core. All it needs is polishing up the superficial issues. I'm curious how they will tackle that.

And they really should expand on the multiplayer. It's even more addictive than the singleplayer campaign.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:
    Even if they fix animations - the rest of the game is still crap. From the story, to some of the most trite dialogue - the amount of stuff they'd need to fix, might as well re-release the game.
    I find it to be far from crap, the story isn't that bad, nor is most of the dialogue. Most of it's real problems are superficial. Certain facial animations/expressions, some wonky movements (that's been rare). The game is rather unique IMO, I like it far more than DA:I. As that just felt like generic open world fantasy game #100.

At least ME:A is an atmosphere we don't see a whole lot of. Open world space RPG's don't have much presence in the overall genre. It certainly has it's place IMO, hence I will definitely pick this one up, which is something I don't do a whole lot of today...I usually buy older games I missed due to playing MMOs.
    Do you like the combat better than in DAI?
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

Don't worry, if Trion released this game he would be saying the complete opposite.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    They need to ask CD Projekt Red or Guerrilla Games to make there games in the future. 

That's the solution lol, they are amateur compared to those to develop houses. 

• chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47
    i liked the game the facials are sometimes a bit weird but it doesn't bother me too much i am having a blast with the game so far. i don't realy understand why people find the dialogue lacking tbh
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited March 2017

chelvaric said:

i liked the game the facials are sometimes a bit weird but it doesn't bother me too much i am having a blast with the game so far. i don't realy understand why people find the dialogue lacking tbh

Compared to the original trilogy the story, dialogue and voice acting performance are very lack luster and subpar at best.

Ofcourse, having legendary actors like Martin Sheen in the ME trilogy has set the bar so high and excellent performances of Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale doing Shepard. It's very hard to go beyond that.
    The dialogue in the ME trilogy was also really good, dynamic and felt natural. The voice actors were really working together recording the dialogue, bring the story alive, dynamic and real.

This is what bothers the most in ME:Adromeda. It's like every voice actor had been put in an isolation boot rattling up their dialogue lines and then afterwards the developers just stitched it all together. The cohesion in dialogue, the dynamic and feel is just completely missing! It just doesn't feel real, but fake and artificial. Destroying the immersion. :-/

This really bothers me way more than the wonky amateur animations and I don't see how they can hotfix that. They would have to re-record all the dialogues. /shrug
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Just encountered my 1st hang at loading. Landed on planet Aya, had to win the trust of the 'resistance' and that dud comes along with me. That was only 3 dialogue options and the load for the next part of the story seems indefinite, which I killed after 10 minutes (tried it twice with these 3 answers).

Kinda sad that 3 'wrong' answers can kill the game like this and I have to adjust the way I play the game *facepalm*
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    JeroKane said:

chelvaric said:

Compared to the original trilogy the story, dialogue and voice acting performance are very lack luster and subpar at best.

Ofcourse, having legendary actors like Martin Sheen in the ME trilogy has set the bar so high and excellent performances of Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale doing Shepard. It's very hard to go beyond that.
    The dialogue in the ME trilogy was also really good, dynamic and felt natural. The voice actors were really working together recording the dialogue, bring the story alive, dynamic and real.

This is what bothers the most in ME:Adromeda. It's like every voice actor had been put in an isolation boot rattling up their dialogue lines and then afterwards the developers just stitched it all together. The cohesion in dialogue, the dynamic and feel is just completely missing! It just doesn't feel real, but fake and artificial. Destroying the immersion. :-/

This really bothers me way more than the wonky amateur animations and I don't see how they can hotfix that. They would have to re-record all the dialogues. /shrug
    So kind of like voice dubbing of animes.

May be if they got a japnese dub it would improve it.

They cant really redo the VO, but at least they can port it for other languages. Japanese, german, icelandic

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2017
    Distopia said:
    I guess that means I should hold off buying after the trial is over, at least until they roll the fixes out, might as well get the best experience, not that I found it bad, but I only get 10 hours of play which isn't much in a game like this, earlier areas are usually more polished than the later ones. 
    That wasn't the case for me. I completed the game without a single crash or glitched quest... which is saying quite a bit for a game of this complexity with so many quests.

I'm sure they'll be doing things like interface tweaks and cut-scene facial animation passes (and I can almost guarantee both of those will be mentioned April 4th) but the game as it is right now is 100% playable and enjoyable.... it only gets better after those first 10 hours especially since that preview locks you out of the first remnant vault in EOS where the story and the game really take off.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017

How about releasing games when they are ready - you have the budget and the guaranteed sales. The best way to guarantee future sales is to release polished products.
    Big Publishers as EA and Ubisoft this is well known. Release dates matter more than the actual game being fully ready to prime-time (hence they will make the necessary cuts to meet a deadline). They just see this as the best business practice.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Just another in a long line of reasons why I don't pre-order or buy games until a few months after release.  

Besides, I'm totally off the wagon with EA/BioWare now.  I just don't buy their shit on principle anymore, even it was game of the year material.
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Driving your Nomad in this game is simply TURRIBAD!!! UGH....
    YashaX said:
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

Do you like the combat better than in DAI?
    Yes, I for one really didn't like DA:I's combat, it was too "grindy" ? Can't think of a better word to describe it.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Driving your Nomad in this game is simply TURRIBAD!!! UGH....
    I'm just curious.  Did you play ME1? Because I found the nomad to be a huge upgrade from the mako.  Once I learned to switch between AWD and RWD at the right times I found it a breeze.  Also got a lot better after getting many upgrades.  I can understand though not everyone will enjoy it.
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I must be easily pleased or there is something wrong with me but I think the animations, story and dialogue are fine.