Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Albion Online] You know it's gone be shit when:

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Whoever wrote about one guild controlling high tier zones is spot on and that will be the real problem this game faces. Even if every member doesn't pay to progress faster those guilds exist in every pvp focused game because they usually have whales who have no problem distributing wealth amongst guild mates, a healthy amount of unemployed 10 hour+ daily game time basement dwellers and a few filthy casuals that don't mind being meat shield/cannon fodder as long as they get to reap the rewards of being in top guild #1.

There may be a #2 guild that puts forward a good effort in trying to dethrone #1 but #1 will always get the best players because it's not really human nature to want to be #2.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Torval said:
    Thanks for the link. Now that you post it, I remember you posting that somewhere earlier. I think it's a bad idea because the game doesn't have much else driving incentive for resource competition. If they're going to drop gear they should go all the way like Lineage and make loot farming fun and ditch the crafting grind. It provided a great catalyst for pvp along with the sieges and such. You can't really do both well.
    I think DAOC managed to do both pretty well, at least at the beginning.  I just completed my template set on the freeshard and it's a good blend of player crafted items and dropped gear.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CHENPUGACHCHENPUGACH Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Apart from the premium status, Albion Online does not sell any in-game advantages to players in exchange for payment.

Premium Status

Increase your skill progression speed with a 50% fame bonusMaster the Destiny Board faster with regenerating Learning PointsCollect 50% more Silver and loot from killing mobsImprove your crafting with regenerating crafting focusBecome a master gatherer with a 50% bonus on your gathering yieldEnjoy a 100% increase on your farming yield and animal growth times on your player islandBoost  your trading profits by having market taxes reduced by 50%
    wtf this is super advantage its clearly P2W
  • CeironxCeironx Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Apart from the premium status, Albion Online does not sell any in-game advantages to players in exchange for payment.

Premium Status

Increase your skill progression speed with a 50% fame bonusMaster the Destiny Board faster with regenerating Learning PointsCollect 50% more Silver and loot from killing mobsImprove your crafting with regenerating crafting focusBecome a master gatherer with a 50% bonus on your gathering yieldEnjoy a 100% increase on your farming yield and animal growth times on your player islandBoost  your trading profits by having market taxes reduced by 50%
    So every subscription MMO out there is Pay-to-Win then?  You folks aren't thinking this through ...

Hey, did you hear in World of Warcraft that you can only get to level 20 without paying?  For reals, yo.  If you want to go past level 20 you need to pay them money for a subscription.  OMG, so pay-to-win!!!  If you pay for a sub you can go all the way to level 110!!  What kind of bullshit is that?  I can't believe the people who run the game actually want to get paid for their work!!!!
    So archeage is not pay 2 win?
  • finkelefinkele Member UncommonPosts: 7
    How is subscription p2w? And how can the whales benefit this at any way?
    If this game does not have any items on cash shop that let's you craft the best equipment faster or make gold faster than others I don't see the problem.
    This genre has gone to shitters. Used to be much more simple in the old days.

Premium Status

So every subscription MMO out there is Pay-to-Win then?  You folks aren't thinking this through ...

Hey, did you hear in World of Warcraft that you can only get to level 20 without paying?  For reals, yo.  If you want to go past level 20 you need to pay them money for a subscription.  OMG, so pay-to-win!!!  If you pay for a sub you can go all the way to level 110!!  What kind of bullshit is that?  I can't believe the people who run the game actually want to get paid for their work!!!!

You're right BUT when you don't  force people to pay you cant give advantages to people that have money (wow Forcing you to pay and doesn't give advantages to certain group) and Albion doesn't Force you to pay subscription you can play the full game without the subscription
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Lets talk about how the premium service is separate for each character LOL games a total money grab.
    Gdemami

Premium Status

You're right BUT when you don't  force people to pay you cant give advantages to people that have money (wow Forcing you to pay and doesn't give advantages to certain group) and Albion doesn't Force you to pay subscription you can play the full game without the subscription
    So now that you've thought it through, that's your takeaway, huh?  Because Albion Online let's you progress at a slower rate without a sub, it's pay-to-win? WoW won't even let you get past level 20 without a sub ... but that isn't pay-to-win?  Got it!
    I don't mined if I progress slower but when you give more gathering yield in game that focus on it its to match and again you dosent need to pay subscription to play you just need to buy the game when in wow you need to pay subscription in order to play and it doesn't give you any advantages

Premium Status

So now that you've thought it through, that's your takeaway, huh?  Because Albion Online let's you progress at a slower rate without a sub, it's pay-to-win? WoW won't even let you get past level 20 without a sub ... but that isn't pay-to-win?  Got it!
    I don't mined if I progress slower but when you give more gathering yield in game that focus on it its to match and again you dosent need to pay subscription to play you just need to buy the game when in wow you need to pay subscription in order to play and it doesn't give you any advantages
    No, you need a sub to really play Albion Online, that's the truth of it.  I understand you want to hate on them for allowing you to login to the game without a sub, and you're welcome to do that, but there's nothing wrong with their payment model.  If anything it's more generous than the current standard of $15 per month; Albion Online is around $12.
    I do not really care if I can log in or not I didn't try to download the game I wanted to buy it but the things thet catch my eye was the premium account its not subscription 
    and here it is the definition of P2W publishers may charge money for in-game items or integrate advertisements into the game. from wikipedia
    Gdemami
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    From what I have seen, all the good exp, and craft stuff tends to be congregated in the PvP areas.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2017
    Albion Online isn't pay 2 win but I share my opinion here on everything in General Keep in mind the game just launched things could change, and I was giving this game a chance.

First, They need to fix section 10.2 OF The Terms OF Service it was really hard for me to understand I got banned for it within maybe 2 weeks of playing for cross game trade trying to appeal it but they are stubborn, the positive part are the staff seems to actually be nice, or at least the Moderators for sure from whom i've had the most interaction with They need to add (Game Rules) to the game with the TOS to help make it easier for gamers.

Second, The game isn't pay 2 Win, its Pay 2 advance faster & Pay 2 Enjoy, that 50% Gathering Yield is a lot especially when you are a crafter or farmer like myself it really takes a lot, and if you aren't gathering gear then your either hoping you can loot it, running really boring dungeons, or being a bumb to get your gear. Simply without this it takes 50% more time gathering materials and in general its more cost effective and time effective to just throw in the money to have premium on at least one character unless you are strictly a fighter and don't need this.

Third, Rating this game best buy 2 play, isn't true, The best buy 2 play game, even though it gets boring after awhile but that is just me is Guild Wars 2,  Even "Dark Fall" the older game I will likely go back to if my ban isn't lifted its better than Albion in many aspects of the game, such as being Full Loot, Bigger Zones, better character models... There are also other games like "Outer Veil" "IdenityMMORPG" and Crow Fall, which even if this game is still around by the time one of these comes out it will likely lose its player base.

Fourth, Hackers, This game has at least 1 "Cheat websites" dedicated to hacking the game "Client Side" and I haven't yet heard from the developers how this game is going to deal with it, Sure banning a player using hacks yes, but you see there is one flaw with this. A person using the ESP, or Zoom Hack, can see everyone a mile away, Not even be in a guild, or be in a guild and call it out on Comms, helping their guild or players knowingly cheat... When the said player gets banned even if they were caught it wouldn't matter because they are using a disposable account and as far as I can tell this game has no Anti-Cheat so far, so cheaters are going to cheat and the only way they will get detected is through manual GM interaction, Reported by other players, or using server side hacks such as a speed hack... This stuff will always get you banned when using something so stupid but the Smart ones get away with it, and this is a problem.

Fifth, Farming, Is always a must, in order to advance faster You need Patron, or Premium on at least one character, to do this effectively you need friends, or better yet 3 alts also premium so you can plant and harvest food to feed buildings, the Rations of food consumption needs to be fixed.

Sixth, Bad Character Models, This is a problem even I complained about with this game its a joke as I said "Dark Fall has better character models than Albion, this might not be a reason for people not to play it.

Seventh, Mobile Game, Well from what I hear there are complaints about this game so far when it comes to Mobile Gaming not being able to PVP very well due to small screen and such controls its an issue especially between those using a computer, and those using a mobile phone android, or tablet.

Over-All IMO, Albion could be okay, I have always recommend this game even though I have a lot of complaints about it for the sole purpose that compared to any other MMORPG from "Korea" This game generally isn't pay 2 win, however if you can't afford the Premium on One character Minimum I wouldn't bother playing the game Its such a huge advantage if you are gathering, and crafting, or farming vs not having it...

And I know they on their forums talk about this being a Soft Premium or something like this, No this isn't a soft premium because if you are starting out at level 1, You either buy a founders package to get ahead or to help you get ahead $99 one is best, and you pay for additional gold to at least get your skills to tier 4 like I was doing, or you really have a hard time trying to compete with the market, this is basically how the game is Was it hard for me the time I played? 

No it wasn't hard it was easy because I purchased the founders pack, and because I bought $75 of gold from their store was actually easy ranking up my gathering skills just time consuming and I can say the 50% Made a huge bonus and difference.

If you like PVP in 2D, or tab targeting / targeting I would Recommend this game still, Just please make sure that if you buy this game you don't do any Real Money Trading, or Cross game trading for those who don't read the TOS because it is very strict...

On the other hand If you are looking for better graphics, Aim Based PVP, then I  would recommend going to Dark Fall its better graphics and everything, Although I haven't fully went back to that game yet because im not sure which server to go with yet. 

Edit: And yes the developers could make this game better by working on a few of the things I mentioned here such as "Fixing Game Rules easier to understand" "Reducing the Farming Labor, or Focus Point Usage, and Increasing the amount of Food Percentage buildings go up for starters would be great...

Later down the road would be to fix character models a bit more realistic.]

Also the Developers should add the ability to "Convert Materials, and downgrade Material Tiers, this is something that was done back during Early Alpha, but I don't think was put into the final game.

And another complaint is the Housing Sucks, Arche Age had better housing, there were more housing options but this got removed from the Early Alpha stages too. They need to add these back later at some point.

Edit:
    Also as far as PVE in this game ( I HATE IT) !!! The most thing I like is (PVP) if I wanted to PVE, I could go play "Rift" "Elder Scrolls" "Final Fantasy" much better and more fun for PVE.
    MrMelGibsonGdemami
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Ceironx said:
    Its a business... what do you expect dude?  They need to make money somehow. Also, its OPTIONAL.  Not required.  You choose whether you sub or don't.  I don't see any harm in that. 
    Ceironx said:
    Its a business... what do you expect dude?  They need to make money somehow. Also, its OPTIONAL.  Not required.  You choose whether you sub or don't.  I don't see any harm in that. 
    Well yeah I agree they need to make money I have no problem putting $100 a month into a game I truly like and am going to be playing awhile but that is me personally I used to put more into Arche Age  way more, imagine $300 a month sometimes...

But this game still needs improvements.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    That's what you get with f2p. Most games have a f2p option, AND a monthly option. This is nothing different. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    IMO games that claim f2p are scum.

EVERYONE knows that to PLAY A GAME,means to play it "as intended" and not to have to pay constantly in a cash shop to play as intended.
    A game SHOULD be for sale with either a sub fee or not and NEVER a cash shop because that is a way of saying "we know there are suckers and easy people to exploit with this" so let's put one in there and get more money than we deserve.

By actually selling the game,they are  held accountable for their product,if it is not a properly working product then it is refund time.Devs do not want to rely on that FAIR structure because they want to release crappy unfinished ,non polished games and use the FREE and early access monikers to free themselves of criticism.

Well imo your not free of criticism,you are blatantly trying to RIP consumers off in many ways and are SCUM.
    As someone else mentioned,you are correct it is not fair to single out Albion.We can point the finger at Smedley,he started this over here in NA with his so called experiment server.He made so much more money off the same player base,same game that he decided "tons of suckers out there to exploit" so he changed the entire structure to be like that test server when he straight up said there would be both.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2017
    Torval said:
    Renoaku said:
    Ceironx said:
    Well yeah I agree they need to make money I have no problem putting $100 a month into a game I truly like and am going to be playing awhile but that is me personally I used to put more into Arche Age  way more, imagine $300 a month sometimes...

But this game still needs improvements.
    You just made another thread admitting you buy gold from third party rmt, in this very game. I have a real hard time believing you spend $300 a month in any game or would in this one. It is a problem when people like you, who do buy gold, set up a false dialog about a game being expensive when it doesn't have to be. It sets up a false pretense for others.

Lots of real life hobbies are like that. If you want to do it casually it's cheap. If you want to compete then you need to invest some time, effort, and money.
    Well yeah I did buy gold, but I buy it through the game company "Sandbox Interactive" not from 3rd parties ever except my exchange across a game which got me banned and im trying to appeal it...

And yes I created another thread warning people about "Cross Game Trading" I made a 100k Gold transaction across a game and got banned without knowledge that swapping currency or items / favors across games was a banworthy offense..

But honestly $100 a month for Albion isn't a lot to be spending its usually about average when it comes to F2P Games, and generally I spend more depending on the Months and offers given to me with cash shop items and such.

This game generally isn't expensive I mean you can buy, and play it out of the box, but what I mean in general is without buying a founders pack, or having the help of some friends to obtain an OX, get started gathering, and crafting its generally not going to be easy as a Solo Player right off...

Also I spent around $300 a month in Arche Age, I am not even joking here, I didn't buy gold illegally there although I had one Incident out of over a year playing I got accused for selling Archem Trees for $1000 gold and up a pop on the market and tricked people who didn't look by playing the market but thats about it (Never got banned. So comparing Arche Age to this game $100 a month in Albion is nothing...

On top of my $300 a month I was spending in Arche Age this was usually for Cosmetic Items, and RNG Boxes, (Expansions when they came out the Archem Packs worth $150, and around $500 every 6 months in Patron Subscriptions on all 700 of my accounts no joke here.

Sometimes I would stand in the game with 20 Apex, and spam chat selling them to other people for cash when I needed it fast I did this until I settled into the game and by the time I quit the game I had over 3k USD worth of assets in the game, honestly it was priceless, But it was sad Trion Worlds had to ruin this game I once enjoyed But I just couldn't keep playing I had to show them with my wallet.

And I gave everything away (FOR FREE), gave some stuff away just last week with the trade between Arche Age, and Albion which is what got me banned from there.

As for Albion in General, I think the Cash Shop is pretty fair for being B2P / F2P is it the best game No there are better games, better graphics and everything, but its an okay game they just need to improve customer service a bit, and fix the game a bit better and certain aspects.

And if you think $300 a month is bad lol, Imagine spending $100 a month on a "Cellphone App or Game" or being this guy who basically stole over a million dollars and dumped it into "Game OF War LOL.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/calif-man-drops-1m-embezzled-funds-game-war-article-1.2909602

Even Legend OF Cryptids on IOS & Android is pretty Pay 2 Win, and Pay for enjoyment and collection of Unique cards which always expire, but I would say buying $100 a month to pay for premiums across 3 characters, generating your own profit after about a month or maybe 2 weeks if going hard-core is about right if you play the game like I do, and its a modest amount unlike Arche Age which gets super expensive.
    MrMelGibsonGdemami
  • TheLittleCab00s3TheLittleCab00s3 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Hi I am new here I was thinking about purchasing Albion Online, but I think its going to be full of cheaters, I don't encourage cheating, but I found this website which shows a guy using "Cheat Engine" which everyone knows about to cheat the game???

Like are you really serious that this actually works in a MMORPG?
    [mod edit:  Removed video tutorial]

I don't encourage people to cheat in any way or shape, and I think Albion could be a decent game, but after seeing this I am not so sure I want to play a game that is about to launch with no security or protection.

Post edited by Vaross on
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Jonnyp2 said:
    Ceironx said:
    Scorchien said:
    A Supreme Intellect will be arriving to set you back on the path infidel..
    Too bad these supreme intellectuel people tend to fall prey to these money grab games. Their IQ must have surpassed the level of humanity which made them ignorant of how greedy humans are.
    Only AAA devs are greedy scum, all indie devs are out to maintain the purity of gaming..... 

Anyways I don't really see the problem here.  I mean I think the game looks terrible, but were I actually interested a premium service would hardly be a deal breaker.
    Indie devs like Greedmonger? Totally!
    ste2000 said:
    Quizzical said:
    So basically, you're not a fan of game subscriptions?  What do you think they should sell, then?
    Well if it was F2P there would no problem whatsoever, a Subscription and a decent Cash Shop will do.
    But if I am not mistaken, this game is B2P, which means that it should not have a Subscription

BDO is B2P and do not have a Subscription, only a Cash Shop that sell Cosmetics.
    Albion has B2P+Subscription+CS.
    If you want to use a Subscription as an incentive, the game should be Free to Play.
    Umm.. ESO is B2P and has a sub....sooo... :wink:
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    MMMM, soon.  So looking forward to it.

I self identify as a monkey.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ste2000 said:

I think you took my comment out of context.
    We were talking about Albion being built 'around' his CS (Meaning that using the CS is necessary), while in ESO the CS is actually Optional if you Subscribe.

ste2000 said:
    ste2000 said:

We were talking about Albion being built 'around' his CS (Meaning that using the CS is necessary), while in ESO the CS is actually Optional if you Subscribe.

Can you elaborate on why the CS is necessary? It's an honest question.  Not trying to be snide.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    ste2000 said:
    ste2000 said:

Can you elaborate on why the CS is necessary? It's an honest question.  Not trying to be snide.
    It's only necessary if you want game time, which is pretty much the only thing you can buy with gold, unless you want a few fireworks or a cosmetic guild banner for your island.

In other words, it's not necessary at all. You can make silver in-game, convert it to gold and buy game time with it.
    MrMelGibson

ste2000 said:
    ste2000 said:

It's only necessary if you want game time, which is pretty much the only thing you can buy with gold, unless you want a few fireworks or a cosmetic guild banner for your island.

In other words, it's not necessary at all. You can make silver in-game, convert it to gold and buy game time with it.
    If that's true.  Then what is he talking about lol?
    I mean you can play the game (Without a subscription) but with the way I played Albion during the beta, I would buy gold from SBI, use the Gold, or currency to pay for (3) characters, upgrade all the islands to at least 3 or 5 plots if possible, and then set up a balance between the ability to craft OX's, and Horses as well as Crafting Food, and Potions. 

This is just something I personally would do as it provides a serious in game advantage to not having to depend on others to buy in game items like mounts and stuff that is lost during PVP.

Of course you come to the problem where at level 5 island you are always out of "Focus Points" and don't have enough to continue all the time, and this is where having a second account can come in handy with (3) More patron characters or subscribed characters to be able to harvest and use focus points on the island.

This is my personal life as a crafter in Albion, something I did in Arche Age before I quit the game because of the changes Trion made but in Arche Age I ended up having like around 24x24 farms, many thatched houses, and every crafting house in the game before I decided to quit giving everything away to players and last I saw none of that was left there.

If you are just a really good fighter that is sponsored by a Guild, then you don't need to have multiple characters, or pay for premium, although having at least one premium character IMO is a must even for just a basic fighter as the Experience / Fame boosts are quite a bit big, and harvesting as most guilds require to put in resources to crafters goes a lot faster.

Gold also last time I saw can be used to exchange to silver, So in theory you could argue that the game is Pay 2 Advance, given you can just put Real Money constantly into the game flip it to silver and keep buying whatever you need off the Player Market.

I wouldn't call the game Pay 2 Win, but I would say that being a huge crafter, or not running 3 characters with paid status personally is a serious disadvantage to those who do not.

Also the income off selling mounts, and items in PVP is great too something I enjoyed doing, as well as having the Food to feed merchants.