Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World Legends - Roman Amiel on Making Secret World Legends Better Than the Original - MMORPG.

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageSecret World Legends - Roman Amiel on Making Secret World Legends Better Than the Original - MMORPG.com

With today's huge announcement of Secret World Legends, a rebranding and reimagined game, fans are clamoring for more information. We had the chance to send along a few questions to Game Director Roman Amiel that will provide a few of them. It's a great and informative interview so get crackin'!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Looking forward to this! Might get me playing regularly if the combat shines.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Worth keeping an eye on for sure!
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    edited March 2017
    Wait...s owe have to start over.

There's no improvements coming to the original? And we still have to pay for DLC packs, while Legends gets them free?

I was excited about this, but this sounds like bullshit. Paying customers are getting left out in the dust. Usually in a F2P transition we get some benefits.

Here? NOTHING. If you put tons of money into the original, and paid for those EXPENSIVE Issue packs...now everyone gets them free and you get nothing.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Good info, looking forward to it. Crossing my fingers I get a beta invite!
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Will the pvp actually be good now?  like...will you have open world pvp servers?  

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507
    If they can improve the combat I will come back to try it for sure.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i ll play it , but hard to be better than original
    [Deleted User]
  • vicentesoulvicentesoul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Really nice guys!
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    ready4this
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I fully agree with this.."The Secret World was its story and settings", also the unique game play. will be looking forward to this for sure,
    SirBalin said:
    Will the pvp actually be good now?  like...will you have open world pvp servers?  
    Lol I'm assuming not Balin. :P But it'll still be an awesome game! 
    Mkilbride said:
    Wait...s owe have to start over.

There's no improvements coming to the original? And we still have to pay for DLC packs, while Legends gets them free?

I was excited about this, but this sounds like bullshit. Paying customers are getting left out in the dust. Usually in a F2P transition we get some benefits.

Here? NOTHING. If you put tons of money into the original, and paid for those EXPENSIVE Issue packs...now everyone gets them free and you get nothing.
    TSW isn't getting any new content. All the new content is going to be released with Legends.
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    I am happy to have read this:

"...worry not: a free transfer process will allow you to move vanity items like Mounts, Pets, Vehicles, and other customizations that have been purchased through the item store from The Secret World to your characters in Secret World Legends."

Means I won't lose my MMORPG.com T-Shirt :-D
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    With the details said, I am not too interested at the moment. Will have to wait and see.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

If they can improve the combat I will come back to try it for sure.

Yeah this is a wait and see thing for sure. Sounds like the original game is going into maintenance mode though. Glad i didn't pure to much money into it.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Pretty much what FFXIV did. Relaunched an entirely new game since the old one was rather crap. Though TSW IS good story wise and good voice acting, nothing else about the game is very fun.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    If they can improve the combat then I'll be playing. Enjoyed the story and side quests a lot but the combat always felt off to me.
  • ZibooZiboo Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Kinda shafting the existing player base (not surprised), so I guess we'll wait and see. Much to prove FunCom.

Proud member of Hammerfist Clan Gaming Community.

Currently playing: RIFT, EQ2, WoW, LoTRO
    Retired: Warhammer, AoC, EQ
    Waiting: SWToR & GW2

Ziboo said:
    Kinda shafting the existing player base (not surprised), so I guess we'll wait and see. Much to prove FunCom.
    Not really. They're giving the existing playerbase a better version of a game they love. What's not good about that?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    The part of the game that deals with stories was awesome. The dance dance revolution keyed dungeon run part of the game was terrible. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited March 2017
    Leiloni said:
    Ziboo said:
    Not really. They're giving the existing playerbase a better version of a game they love. What's not good about that?
    A better version? That was a funny one, thanks :lol:
    Probably that's why they were raising the false hope for months, then went in utter silence for an another 3 months, then now that the cat's out of the bag they're still not saying a word, because it is a better version (and not because of they are avoiding the players).
    Probably also that is why the players are pissed and angry, because it is a better version (and not because it is gutting everything which makes TSW unique and fun, and put some dime-a-dozen crappy mechanic with levels and dumb, brainless pre-set skills... nah, surely not because of that).

Pretty much what FFXIV did. Relaunched an entirely new game since the old one was rather crap.
    Except TSW is pretty good and has an active community, plus it is nearly 5 years old. FF was still in its infancy when it was switched off, losing 5 years of gameplay is not even in the same ballpark.

(Not to mention ARR was pretty much the same game, just better. TSW was an MMORPG, while SWL will be a single/co-op action game, with the lore and missions of TSW)
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    honestly i think this shit is rather insulting...big "reveal" but have nothing to show for except some marketing bingo bullshit...if you have a reveal - drop your pants and show us your donger or go home - nobody care about your marketing bs, if you have gameplay show it and show the game - otherwise back to work and don't waste our f'ing time
    edited March 2017
    Po_gg said:

Except TSW is pretty good and has an active community, plus it is nearly 5 years old. FF was still in its infancy when it was switched off, losing 5 years of gameplay is not even in the same ballpark.

(Not to mention ARR was pretty much the same game, just better. TSW was an MMORPG, while SWL will be a single/co-op action game, with the lore and missions of TSW)
    If TSW was that good you would have a larger and more active playerbase. Instead ever since the announcement and even more so today (here and on Reddit), you have tons of players excited at the idea of a revamped game, fixing the things they didn't like about it. People saying they tried it or played it but couldn't stick with it because of X, Y, or Z wasn't to their liking. Funcom stands to pick up a ton of these new players with this new and improved TSW, and many of the current players will stick around as well. I'm sorry but people like you are in the minority. The game is tiny and has been on life support for years. Let's be thankful that Funcom appears to recognize the game's weaknesses and is fixing them.

In terms of calling it a "single/co-op action game", that's not at all what he said. What he said sounds exactly like what TSW is right now. They're just rebranding so new players don't think it's going to be like WoW. TSW was always a different kind of MMORPG with limited players in any zone. Legends will do the same thing, along with having the shared hubs. So... exactly how TSW plays right now.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited March 2017
    this will be fun!- will be playing ledgends with a new toon transferring all my vanity items! i have a life sub, so i welcome this!- great job funcom! this game needed a proper introduction 5 years ago.
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Po_gg said:

The number of people you encountered in the playfields wasn't very big to begin with, so I don't think it will make much of a difference. And you won't be alone while leveling:

"As a Shared World RPG, we have reduced the maximum amount of players that can enter a playfield. While adventuring, you will still meet a few strangers here and there, but the focus is on you, and your friends if you choose."