Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roblox dead link.

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Advert on Roblox games is a dead link,just reverts back to main page.
This seems to happen regularly here,i don't notice it any other websites ever in my entire life,it suggests changes need to happen here. 
Simple suggestion,try clicking your own adware to see if it actually works,takes what but 2 seconds?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2017
    The only advertising directly under the control of someone at MMORPG.com is the background advertising on the main website and not the forums.  All other advertising has been contracted out to content delivery networks.  The ads you see are not always the ads I see.  That is unless you're also seeing ads for new cars, new trucks, power tool batteries, auto brake parts, health care centers, and tree trimming services.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes i guess i should have understood that,i forgot about all the advertising popups we get here.
    However the Roblox ad is on the main page and been there often and of course still not working last time i clicked it lol.

So if anything,it is possible that my security measures is blocking something that redirect is trying to do because it is unscrupulous,so this site should be on top of what is showing up on it's website and how/where it is trying to redirect.

Even if it is a dead clickbait,that is something this site should not allow,a fake ad just to incur  clickbait's is wrong.It has been over a 2 week period that it has not worked,so obviously by this point in time,it was never meant to work as a legitimate link but only to collect $$ through clicks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• alakTRICALalakTRICAL Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited March 2017
    @wizardry hello sir good evening
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Not true Grunty.  We sell banners internally as well as the background skins.  However, what space that is left over that we don't sell that goes to networks.  The Roblox ad you say Wizardry is not an internal campaign and out of my control.  The current internal campaigns are Ragnarok Journey, TERA, FFXIV and Arcane Warfare.  Anything else is coming from an external network (largely Google)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Also - what does this advertisement look like, is it a banner?  Also can you send a screen grab of any pop ups?  We don't permit networks to do this.  I certainly cannot see any pop ups on the site when I browse it.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.