Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO - Mass Effect: Andromeda - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Mass Effect: Andromeda Vid

13»

Comments

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    k61977 said: 
    Elsabolts said:
    Went to 2nd sol system after the deseart planet and am getting me ass handed to me by Kitts I guess they are called. There is gaint one along with 4 or 5 normal mobs guarding him. Went to bed last night talking to my self. Yea I'm liking it went to gamestop and bought the collectors hard back cover of the prima guide.
    Just the tactics I use if they might help,  get a sniper rifle and work at head shots.  I got sniper rifle that does 1k damage will kill anything that is not shielded in one shot.  Think before getting the 5th version it was based around 700 damage or so and is a one shot/reload.  But you can take out an entire group in about 20 sec using it.  Just start with the non-shielded ones should get at least 2 of them before they can spot you.   You can even kill them from out of range(without the crosshair turning red)  if you so desire which makes them run for cover but not return fire as they can't see you.  Head shots to the shielded will normally drop there shields then use pull to lift them in the air since their shields are down while you reload.  Overall I am using things that CC like pull and can't remember the name of the other one where is  sucks them into a vortex to slow things down while I take out all the non-shielded one.  Oh and drack is a beast, paired him with Peebee for the extra CC pull and now just steam roll thru almost all of them.  Overall just find something you like to use and stick to it you will be flying through them in no time.
    That's a good tactic you have.  I went the full vanguard biotic direction.  Charge in, Nova than either a shotgun to the face or i use my krogan hammer to finish them off.  Tier 6 of charge dropped the recharge rate of charge by 75%, so I can usually use it right after to the next target/group.  I really enjoy the variety of weapons for melee.  Always felt in the trilogy that that was a weak point.  Glad to see it has been improved.  With the right build my Ryder is a melee monster.
    Yeah I have always been pulled to the sniper rifles in these games, love the headshots.  I also use the infiltrator spec so I can see through walls to plan out what I am going to do.
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Based on multiple videos I've watched about Mass Effect: Andromeda, I think Bioware is finally succumbing to the curse of its EA overlords. There hasn't been a great RPG/Adventure company yet that EA couldn't utterly ruin given enough time.

My last brilliant Bioware game (well me thinks anyway) is DA:O after that it all went down hill.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    k61977 said:
    k61977 said: 
    Elsabolts said:
    Went to 2nd sol system after the deseart planet and am getting me ass handed to me by Kitts I guess they are called. There is gaint one along with 4 or 5 normal mobs guarding him. Went to bed last night talking to my self. Yea I'm liking it went to gamestop and bought the collectors hard back cover of the prima guide.
    Just the tactics I use if they might help,  get a sniper rifle and work at head shots.  I got sniper rifle that does 1k damage will kill anything that is not shielded in one shot.  Think before getting the 5th version it was based around 700 damage or so and is a one shot/reload.  But you can take out an entire group in about 20 sec using it.  Just start with the non-shielded ones should get at least 2 of them before they can spot you.   You can even kill them from out of range(without the crosshair turning red)  if you so desire which makes them run for cover but not return fire as they can't see you.  Head shots to the shielded will normally drop there shields then use pull to lift them in the air since their shields are down while you reload.  Overall I am using things that CC like pull and can't remember the name of the other one where is  sucks them into a vortex to slow things down while I take out all the non-shielded one.  Oh and drack is a beast, paired him with Peebee for the extra CC pull and now just steam roll thru almost all of them.  Overall just find something you like to use and stick to it you will be flying through them in no time.
    That's a good tactic you have.  I went the full vanguard biotic direction.  Charge in, Nova than either a shotgun to the face or i use my krogan hammer to finish them off.  Tier 6 of charge dropped the recharge rate of charge by 75%, so I can usually use it right after to the next target/group.  I really enjoy the variety of weapons for melee.  Always felt in the trilogy that that was a weak point.  Glad to see it has been improved.  With the right build my Ryder is a melee monster.
    Yeah I have always been pulled to the sniper rifles in these games, love the headshots.  I also use the infiltrator spec so I can see through walls to plan out what I am going to do.
    I enjoy infiltrator in the multi-player. I use it ever now and then.  Its a fun class.  I just love the vanguard.  Ever since ME3 it's been my go to class/spec.  So much fun to charge and nova a whole group and destroying them without firing a shot.  As far as a none biotic goes, infiltrator is my first choice.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    I'm 44 hours into andromeda now and I'm loving it. I've played em all and i put this among my favorite mass effect games. Sniper/biotic FTW. Enjoying the story and the setting. Well worth my money as a Sci-fi fan.

Join the Andromeda initiative :)

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I beat the game recently other than the bugs and over abundance of pointless side missions, its overall a good game with an okay story.