Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol nvida has to be one of the top companies for being evil.

124»

Comments

  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,184
    ianicus said:
    wow. ive never seen a derailing such as this
    ikr, Nvidia is so dodgy it slid behind Monsanto with ease.
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Back on subject then, i'm going to play Devils Advocate.


    I think the moves by Nvidia as a shareholder in general (not in Nvidia stock), are strategically brilliant, they have taken existing  stock rejigged it, repackaged it and have kept sales strong.

    But this isn't the usual flim flam new coat of paint this repackaging has power and grunt and real appeal, all very good indicators business wise, plus it also a good cockblocking move against its rivals.

    This isn't about you, this is about a company operating in the real business world, and in THIS case did a good job.

      

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,879
    kruler said:
    Back on subject then, i'm going to play Devils Advocate.


    I think the moves by Nvidia as a shareholder in general (not in Nvidia stock), are strategically brilliant, they have taken existing  stock rejigged it, repackaged it and have kept sales strong.

    But this isn't the usual flim flam new coat of paint this repackaging has power and grunt and real appeal, all very good indicators business wise, plus it also a good cockblocking move against its rivals.

    This isn't about you, this is about a company operating in the real business world, and in THIS case did a good job.

      
    Altho i agree with your assesment of Nvidia , I dont agree with your saying the thread was derailed .. the OP Titled the thread

    Discussion / Lol nvida has to be one of the top companies for being evil.


      Now without being able to compare Nvdia to other perceived evil companies we have no basis of Discussion or is this a debate , or is it an informal debate ...

  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 23,116
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-eol-graphics-card,26304.html

    Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

    Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
    https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

    Here's a new Nvidia driver released for the GeForce 900 series just last week:

    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116344

    For good measure, it also supports cards going all the way back to the GeForce 400 series.  AMD's competitors to the GeForce 400 and 500 series have already discontinued drivers, and I'd expect Nvidia to do likewise with the GeForce 400 and 500 series soon.  And to be fair, Nvidia hasn't put any serious work into optimizing anything for the 400 and 500 series cards in years.  But the 900 series has several years of driver updates left.

    Not building the cards new anymore doesn't meant that they won't support the cards they've already sold.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 23,116
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    cheyane said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-eol-graphics-card,26304.html

    Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

    Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
    https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

    When I got to get drivers for 600 series cards they still have them so you can check each time a driver comes out it supports even older cards than the 900 series. It is in the list of cards so technically they are still providing support.

    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-378-92-whql-driver-download.html

    check that see all that way to 400 series

    Supported

    GeForce 10 Series
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX 1080 and Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

    GeForce 900 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

    GeForce 700 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710, GeForce GT 705

    GeForce 600 Series
    GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605

    GeForce 500 Series
    GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510

    GeForce 400 Series
    GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420


    GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card owners will receive limited support of driver to fix problems for at least a couple of years, but you should not expect any improvement in performance or better support for upcoming games on the market.

    Hey if your happy with that sort of support for a card that's over a year old that's ok but I would be so pissed off hence I jumped camp to AMD.
    Well yes, optimization work goes into the latest architecture, nor older ones.  That's how both Nvidia and AMD have done it for many years.  Pascal is close enough to Maxwell that optimization work for Pascal probably applies to Maxwell, too.

    AMD optimization work still helping out the old GCN cards from 2012 is basically because their latest and greatest Polaris architecture is still just a minor variant of GCN.  That optimization work likely ends with the impending arrival of Vega, as AMD will focus on optimizing for Vega instead.  Rumors have Vega as being a substantially different architecture, not just another slight variant on GCN.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    edited March 2017
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
    So a farmer buys a seed, plants it, takes care about it, and then harvests the crop of seeds. Something farmers do from thousands of years. But Monsato says, hey you, the farmer, you are a thieve if you plant or sell the seeds you harvested. And you agree? You will feel happy in North Korea, as there all the farmers are treated like this, but from the state. In US, the state is corrupted by a company, to do the same thing. I do not see any difference. In my country people threated the government with lynch, when Monsanto tried to enter. As a result GMO plants are forbidden, the fracking is also forbidden - a similar case, because it will ruin the land and the water. This is a real democracy. And if even my country is more democratic than US, you in US have a really big problem.
    umm .. when the Famer purchased the product he sigend an agreement that he would Not Wash and use the seeds .... The Farmer should not of went into an agreement that he had any intention of violating , But again there have only been a couple dosen cases of this out of literally Millions of farmers .. Some people cant help themselves , and will steal and try to take advantage of ... Again go read..
    Just to point one more thing, they also started with roundup in my country, and they knew it is toxic, and only GMO plants should be treated with it. And when it started to become popular, with a  lot of advertisement, they asked for special legislation from the government for GMO plants. It was rejected, after mass protests. So, it is not the farmers fault. If a court cannot cancel an unfair deal, there is something wrong with the juridical system. 
      really what is this country ,, wait ya know what nevermind , im certain , you arent giving all the facts , and it would be dispelled like everything else in this discussion ..

       Even the so proud Serlanis scientists that soak an embilcle cord in Roundup for a week and expect a good result , or the fucking geniuses from a university that dump in a pond a kill Tadpoles...


       well guess fucking what i could soak an embilcle cord in Black label Jack for a week and tell ya the cells are now alcoholics , or dump a Keg of Black Label Jack in a Pond and kill tadpoles .... BFD .... means nothing .. doesnt it


    " Jack Daniels is bad for you , under these fucked up condidtions i subjected shit unrealisticly to "

     


    umbilical


     Ya know youve lost a discussion when ............... you resort to grammar checking ...

      Thx for playing
    That happened a couple pages ago.  Still waiting to hear DMKano tell me his credentials on biotech.  I'm not surprised he dodged that question.
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,184
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
    So a farmer buys a seed, plants it, takes care about it, and then harvests the crop of seeds. Something farmers do from thousands of years. But Monsato says, hey you, the farmer, you are a thieve if you plant or sell the seeds you harvested. And you agree? You will feel happy in North Korea, as there all the farmers are treated like this, but from the state. In US, the state is corrupted by a company, to do the same thing. I do not see any difference. In my country people threated the government with lynch, when Monsanto tried to enter. As a result GMO plants are forbidden, the fracking is also forbidden - a similar case, because it will ruin the land and the water. This is a real democracy. And if even my country is more democratic than US, you in US have a really big problem.
    umm .. when the Famer purchased the product he sigend an agreement that he would Not Wash and use the seeds .... The Farmer should not of went into an agreement that he had any intention of violating , But again there have only been a couple dosen cases of this out of literally Millions of farmers .. Some people cant help themselves , and will steal and try to take advantage of ... Again go read..
    Just to point one more thing, they also started with roundup in my country, and they knew it is toxic, and only GMO plants should be treated with it. And when it started to become popular, with a  lot of advertisement, they asked for special legislation from the government for GMO plants. It was rejected, after mass protests. So, it is not the farmers fault. If a court cannot cancel an unfair deal, there is something wrong with the juridical system. 
      really what is this country ,, wait ya know what nevermind , im certain , you arent giving all the facts , and it would be dispelled like everything else in this discussion ..

       Even the so proud Serlanis scientists that soak an embilcle cord in Roundup for a week and expect a good result , or the fucking geniuses from a university that dump in a pond a kill Tadpoles...


       well guess fucking what i could soak an embilcle cord in Black label Jack for a week and tell ya the cells are now alcoholics , or dump a Keg of Black Label Jack in a Pond and kill tadpoles .... BFD .... means nothing .. doesnt it


    " Jack Daniels is bad for you , under these fucked up condidtions i subjected shit unrealisticly to "

     


    umbilical


     Ya know youve lost a discussion when ............... you resort to grammar checking ...

      Thx for playing
    That happened a couple pages ago.  Still waiting to hear DMKano tell me his credentials on biotech.  I'm not surprised he dodged that question.
    Oh be nice, Kano is our resident know-it-all.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    cheyane said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-eol-graphics-card,26304.html

    Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

    Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
    https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

    When I got to get drivers for 600 series cards they still have them so you can check each time a driver comes out it supports even older cards than the 900 series. It is in the list of cards so technically they are still providing support.

    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-378-92-whql-driver-download.html

    check that see all that way to 400 series

    Supported

    GeForce 10 Series
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX 1080 and Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

    GeForce 900 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

    GeForce 700 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710, GeForce GT 705

    GeForce 600 Series
    GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605

    GeForce 500 Series
    GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510

    GeForce 400 Series
    GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420


    GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card owners will receive limited support of driver to fix problems for at least a couple of years, but you should not expect any improvement in performance or better support for upcoming games on the market.

    Hey if your happy with that sort of support for a card that's over a year old that's ok but I would be so pissed off hence I jumped camp to AMD.
    Well yes, optimization work goes into the latest architecture, nor older ones.  That's how both Nvidia and AMD have done it for many years.  Pascal is close enough to Maxwell that optimization work for Pascal probably applies to Maxwell, too.

    AMD optimization work still helping out the old GCN cards from 2012 is basically because their latest and greatest Polaris architecture is still just a minor variant of GCN.  That optimization work likely ends with the impending arrival of Vega, as AMD will focus on optimizing for Vega instead.  Rumors have Vega as being a substantially different architecture, not just another slight variant on GCN.
    That does not seem to be the case with directx 12/vulkan.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/105376-do-not-buy-gtx980-or-gtx980ti-they-are-obsolete

    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/directx-12-tested-an-early-win-for-amd-and-disappointment-for-nvidia/

  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 899
    Thats why you only ever buy a *70 version of an nvidia card. Every generation a *70 card would run 99% of games on high at a stable 60fps.

     Even more so in this generation of cards I really dont understand why anyone would buy anything else. The 1080/ti and Titan in a single slot still struggle to deliver a solid 60fps at 4k without huge dips on a lot of new titles, so whats the point?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,563
    edited March 2017
    When I saw the name Monsanto it brought me back to visiting my grandfather in the rubber plantation he used to work in . They used Roundup a popular weed killer. 

    My grandfather was a hospital assistant and he has treated people for accidental poisoning while using this weed killer. They used so much of this stuff and also when there was  a very bad Malaria outbreak they used DDT in all the drains and where there was water stagnation. Of course this was in the 70's but often third world countries are saddled with these products a lot longer than the developed countries.

    If you look up the history of roundup you will even see that Malaysia was one of the two countries UK being the other where roundup was initially commercialized.
    Post edited by kitarad on

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,879
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    ikcin said:
    cloudacv said:
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
    So a farmer buys a seed, plants it, takes care about it, and then harvests the crop of seeds. Something farmers do from thousands of years. But Monsato says, hey you, the farmer, you are a thieve if you plant or sell the seeds you harvested. And you agree? You will feel happy in North Korea, as there all the farmers are treated like this, but from the state. In US, the state is corrupted by a company, to do the same thing. I do not see any difference. In my country people threated the government with lynch, when Monsanto tried to enter. As a result GMO plants are forbidden, the fracking is also forbidden - a similar case, because it will ruin the land and the water. This is a real democracy. And if even my country is more democratic than US, you in US have a really big problem.
    umm .. when the Famer purchased the product he sigend an agreement that he would Not Wash and use the seeds .... The Farmer should not of went into an agreement that he had any intention of violating , But again there have only been a couple dosen cases of this out of literally Millions of farmers .. Some people cant help themselves , and will steal and try to take advantage of ... Again go read..
    Just to point one more thing, they also started with roundup in my country, and they knew it is toxic, and only GMO plants should be treated with it. And when it started to become popular, with a  lot of advertisement, they asked for special legislation from the government for GMO plants. It was rejected, after mass protests. So, it is not the farmers fault. If a court cannot cancel an unfair deal, there is something wrong with the juridical system. 
      really what is this country ,, wait ya know what nevermind , im certain , you arent giving all the facts , and it would be dispelled like everything else in this discussion ..

       Even the so proud Serlanis scientists that soak an embilcle cord in Roundup for a week and expect a good result , or the fucking geniuses from a university that dump in a pond a kill Tadpoles...


       well guess fucking what i could soak an embilcle cord in Black label Jack for a week and tell ya the cells are now alcoholics , or dump a Keg of Black Label Jack in a Pond and kill tadpoles .... BFD .... means nothing .. doesnt it


    " Jack Daniels is bad for you , under these fucked up condidtions i subjected shit unrealisticly to "

     


    umbilical


     Ya know youve lost a discussion when ............... you resort to grammar checking ...

      Thx for playing

    You cant lose a discussion.

    You can lose a debate.

    Keep it awesome ;)
    lol ok ... Considering a discussion is an informal debate , youve lost this to ...


        Keep it Awesome :)
  • JhiaPetJhiaPet Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Never thought I'd see the day when people were defending the use of Agent Orange.  Jesus H Christ.
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    JhiaPet said:
    Never thought I'd see the day when people were defending the use of Agent Orange.  Jesus H Christ.
    Yep cause Monsanto had a Military and planes. That like blaming the manufacturer of guns for all the deaths in Chicago. 
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    DMKano said:
    JhiaPet said:
    Never thought I'd see the day when people were defending the use of Agent Orange.  Jesus H Christ.
    Yep cause Monsanto had a Military and planes. That like blaming the manufacturer of guns for all the deaths in Chicago. 

    What a bad analogy.

    Monsanto was asked by miliatry for Agent Orange - they knew clearly that it would be used against the vietnamese from the start. They knew that TCDD is a horribly toxic dioxin.

    That is like giving a gun to someone who tells you - I need something to kill my family with.

    Pretty big difference.

    Gun manufacturers make guns for hunting, home defense, etc. There are laws in place for purchasing guns

    On the contrary you cant buy agent orange - there are no laws permiting purchase because TCDD is a known carcinogen. Agent Orange is illegal to own.

    So no its nothing like you said.

    It is the same thing. Those gun makers know damn well people are gonna kill each other with them, especially military grade guns. Sounds like you hate America is what your saying to me. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,456
    War is the best money maker there is. Big profits in killing

    "Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,879
    edited March 2017
    JhiaPet said:
    Never thought I'd see the day when people were defending the use of Agent Orange.  Jesus H Christ.
    please, enlighten us , and show us where anyone in this thread defended the use of using AO ....

            you cant ............


     altho your Goverment did

             
Sign In or Register to comment.