Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Top 5 Expectations For Destiny 2 - The List at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Top 5 Expectations For Destiny 2 - The List at MMORPG.com

After rumors and hints around the game industry, we finally saw a post yesterday with some artwork. It seems like it is no secret that Destiny 2 is coming and people should be excited. Destiny was an amazing game and now Bungie is building up the blocks for a sequel to bring players more opportunities across the solar system.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    So, is it coming for PC's or not ?
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Please hear Kermit's call!!!! The PC was made for this!
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Please add some grouping mechanics!!! I'm not even asking for LFG, but there must be some better way of doing grouping than what is in there now. Again, I think PC would lend itself to this sort of thing much better.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    ...there goes the hype train once again...

A top-5 expectations while ONLY the title has been HINTED at...
  • BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    When PC version is confirmed they will have my money.
  • IsiolasIsiolas Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I'd enjoy some sort of in-game, clan hub. Member list, in-clan LFG, mainly a more convenient way to bring members together.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Is it coming to PC is probably the biggest question, expectation ?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited March 2017
    What D2 needs to do different from D1 if they want my money:

- bigger planets
    - Open World (at least persistent maps within each planet where you see many people, not just 6 randoms)
    -Let me fly my damn ship in real time, not on a loading screen... that was a slap in the face in Destiny.
    - useful mounts, the hover bike in Destiny is one of the lamest mounts in any game.
    - SMART AI (bulletsponge is a really poor way of doing artificial difficulty)
    - meaningful things to do in the open world
    - did i say meaningful things to do in the open world?

If they just make a bigger Destiny and slap a 2 on it then shame on them. EDIT: - add in game guilds too.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited March 2017
    My top expectation is a steam sale.
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Destiny has been one of my favourite games ever, and it's been a long time since I played a game for over a thousand hours. I do hope they innovate and improve on some aspects of Destiny, but hope they don't stray from the path too much. They've learnt a lot over the last few years, I don't want a completely different game.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    What D2 needs to do different from D1 if they want my money:

- bigger planets
    - Open World (at least persistent maps within each planet where you see many people, not just 6 randoms)
    -Let me fly my damn ship in real time, not on a loading screen... that was a slap in the face in Destiny.
    - useful mounts, the hover bike in Destiny is one of the lamest mounts in any game.
    - SMART AI (bulletsponge is a really poor way of doing artificial difficulty)
    - did i say meaningful things to do in the open world?

If they just make a bigger Destiny and slap a 2 on it then shame on them. EDIT: - add in game guilds too.
    For me

-pc

• DhampirDhampir Member UncommonPosts: 161
    not excited for D2, need some big changes...
    “Nothing is trivial.”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

“Sarah: "Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...”
    ― James O'Barr, The Crow

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited March 2017
    The core gameplay of Destiny was fun (which is always a great thing), but everything around that was fairly lacking, especially by today’s standards; i.e. Witcher 3, Zelda, Horizon, Nioh, and Nier all offer great worlds, characters, and stories, and many MMOs offer large and continued content updates. Which is not to say that Destiny 2 has to offer everything and the kitchen sink (with no subscription fee) but my top 5 features that Destiny 2 must have are:

1. In game chat! Destiny got in-game voice chat for party’s months after launch, and that's fine, but not being able to communicate with strangers and pre-form parties without the aid of third party websites (seriously, can you not just put that UI in game?) made the game feel far more hollow and lifeless than it should have.

2. Large, expansive open world zones that have a reason to exist outside of the 'story'. When I played the beta for Destiny it seemed like I was only just scratching the surface of what the full game would have to offer... more fool me that the beta was actually a bit less than 1/4 of that ‘full game’, and by the time I'd finished it for real I still felt like I had barely scratched the surface. Destiny 2 needs to feel like a massive universe in a big way, anything short of that and it may as well be just another B2P/F2P lobby shooter.

3. An actual story! Destiny had a lot of lore, but only a fraction of it was accessible in-game, and the 'story', which started with a fair bit of promise, went absolutely nowhere. Destiny 2 needs to tell a coherent and gripping story, and be packed with lore IN GAME, as again, anything short of that and it may as well be generic shooter #4394.

4. 'Expansions' that aren't just a rehash of an old area with an added grind. Seriously, the 'season pass' was a (bad) joke, and for a game with a '10-year plan' Destiny would have to have some of the weakest DL 'Content' ever made. Without a subscription fee, I'm not expecting FFXIV, but with games like GW2 and Diablo 3 putting out significant free updates and sizable content for a reasonable price, Destiny 2 needs to do far better than Destiny did in this regard.

5. Progression beyond raiding. I get that Destiny, and Destiny 2, is a multiplayer game, but there needs to an 'end-game' for all play styles, from the soloist to the people with 20+ RL friends who all play at the same time. Like I said, the core gameplay of Destiny is fun, but when you are stuck doing nothing but the same instances over and over with random players for mediocre random loot, or getting constantly destroyed in PvP by raid weapons with the hopes of making progress towards something decent, it gets old very fast.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    PC or bust

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Third person and PC? I am in if so.