Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ME Andromeda: victim of SJW cancer or just bad artists?

13»

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    1: The plague that is the SJW mindset is real (BTW I am speaking as an actual Liberal that is not so open minded my brains and any common sense attached to it have fallen out). Bioware does suffer from it. But the piss-poor occasional facial expressions are not a symptom of it. Pick your battles wisely folks.

2:The Indian dude is a douchebag spouting Social Media memes to get peoples jimmies all rustled. Pay no attention to that low intelligence shit. A (#) is a number sign or a pound sign on your phone, not a logic/common sense precursor.

3: Humans kill humans for any reason under the Sun. It's what we do. Other than self defense it can't be justified by Colonialism or Religion or whatever.

Oh yeah...

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    tawess said:
    karmath said:

I'm Irish. My Great Grandfather was a slave. So yes you did miss it.
    Even so historical context means absolutely nothing. An insult intended to belittle or humiliate someone based on physical appearance or trait is fucked.
    Do enlighten me... did any of this happen to connect to earlier mentioned British Colonialism..? Because if so it is part of said "white people doing racism"... 

And i already agreed that the above noted troll previously working for BW was in really poor taste. So at least we agree on that. 
    Although I agree that "poking whitey" as he did was in poor taste, it's not even in the same ballpark as the faux outrage from the "poked" that is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to put what a brown person said about whites on the same level as the institutionalized racism that those black and brown people have endured for centuries.

It's nothing more than Orwellian doublespeak and racist itself at its core.
    Racism will never end if any form of it is acceptable and defended. Equality is zero tolerance. Your blanket and derogatory dismissal of peoples opinion based on their skin color is pretty fucked imo.
    Racism and its sister nationalism will never end.

There's always someone to fear or hate, at least for some people. 

Best we can hope for is to keep it in check and protect people.

Back to the OP, I'm going with the incompetence theory.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    edited March 2017
    Iselin said:
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    tawess said:
    karmath said:

Even so historical context means absolutely nothing. An insult intended to belittle or humiliate someone based on physical appearance or trait is fucked.
    Do enlighten me... did any of this happen to connect to earlier mentioned British Colonialism..? Because if so it is part of said "white people doing racism"... 

And i already agreed that the above noted troll previously working for BW was in really poor taste. So at least we agree on that. 
    Although I agree that "poking whitey" as he did was in poor taste, it's not even in the same ballpark as the faux outrage from the "poked" that is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to put what a brown person said about whites on the same level as the institutionalized racism that those black and brown people have endured for centuries.

Racism will never end if any form of it is acceptable and defended. Equality is zero tolerance. Your blanket and derogatory dismissal of peoples opinion based on their skin color is pretty fucked imo.
    All I'm dismissing is racially-motivated fake outrage whose only purpose is to minimize true institutionalized racism by portraying the racist comments of a brown person as being equivalent to the real racism he has experienced.

It is nothing but a white supremacist tactic on the same level as beating the shit out of your little brother because he spit at you and then whining to your parents because you got punished and he didn't.
    The point I'm trying to get across is by that logic, that dude as a Indian cant be offended by a African calling him a currymuncher or some other bullshit because his ancestors were more oppressed than his. It's a vicious circle that will never end if we base it on historical events that no one alive today had any hand in.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    tawess said:
    karmath said:

All I'm dismissing is racially-motivated fake outrage whose only purpose is to minimize true institutionalized racism by portraying the racist comments of a brown person as being equivalent to the real racism he has experienced.

It is nothing but a white supremacist tactic on the same level as beating the shit out of your little brother because he spit at you and then whining to your parents because you got punished and he didn't.
    The point I'm trying to get across is by that logic, that dude as a Indian cant be offended by a African calling him a currymuncher or some other bullshit because his ancestors were more oppressed than his. It's a vicious circle that will never end if we base it on historical events that no one alive today had any hand in.
    It is still a matter of degrees. All racism is not equal to all other racism. You can dislike an ethnic group all you want but until you gas a few million of them to death, you ain't as bad as the Nazis.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Imagine my shock to discover that the people rabidly defending ME:A are the same people rabidly defending crazy SJW politics. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

SBFord said:
    As a cancer survivor, I am constantly appalled by the casual use of a terrible disease's name in order to make some point about gaming. If you or anyone you loved had ever been afflicted with it, you wouldn't dare.
    As a cancer survivor, and having helped multiple close friends and family members during their cancer treatment, nobody cares if you are offended.  

Cancer is a near perfect comparison to SJW entryism into cultures that they slowly take over and destroy.They did it with SciFi and fantasy literature, the major comic companies, and for the last 4-5 years have been trying to spread their crap into gaming.

Even the slash and burn counter to stop the spread of SJW culture is comparable to cancer treatments as the backlash often causes a lot of damage to communities.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    karmath said:

As a Native American I have to say no, I'm not one of those I have 5% in my family somewhere along the line me too's, half my relatives actually live on Reservations. The reason I say no is because ignoring that historical context you completely miss why ingrained cultural tension exists.

This is the reason even folks like myself are shunned within our greater family, as we're more or less seen as compromised from living outside of those reservations in normal society. We're seen as ignorant of the hardships they still encounter today due to that institutional oppression  forced on them years ago.

In normal society we're pretty much blind to it.. Because of folks who want to push everything under a rug and act like it never happened. Rather than face the truth of it..You don't learn anything by ignoring historical events... especially events that effected people in such ways.. You can also kiss the prospect of gaining trust goodbye with that approach.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited March 2017
    Imagine my shock to discover that the people rabidly defending ME:A are the same people rabidly defending crazy SJW politics. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

SBFord said:
    As a cancer survivor, I am constantly appalled by the casual use of a terrible disease's name in order to make some point about gaming. If you or anyone you loved had ever been afflicted with it, you wouldn't dare.
    As a cancer survivor, and having helped multiple close friends and family members during their cancer treatment, nobody cares if you are offended.  

Cancer is a near perfect comparison to SJW entryism into cultures that they slowly take over and destroy.They did it with SciFi and fantasy literature, the major comic companies, and for the last 4-5 years have been trying to spread their crap into gaming.

Even the slash and burn counter to stop the spread of SJW culture is comparable to cancer treatments as the backlash often causes a lot of damage to communities.
    As with just about everything, there's a good message and a bad message within the "SJW" movement. Trying to fight things like Racism = good, trying to make sure the outrage is known about Slave Leia's collar = not so good. There are also many contradictions within that message.. like say touting individualism, yet at the same time falling head deep into group-think and the resulting shaming of those who don't. 

So you'll have to define how anyone really carried the torch of that movement, rather than state certain aspects that may coincide with their own beliefs?

You also have to take into consideration much of that stuff is regurgitated by 20 somethings, which today says it's being spewed by a bunch of people who don't know squat. They were never educated on civics, barely any history, etc.. The common core brain if you will... The same people who in a recent poll by a majority declared Democracy isn't important... So yeah....

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    SBFord said:
    As a cancer survivor, I am constantly appalled by the casual use of a terrible disease's name in order to make some point about gaming. If you or anyone you loved had ever been afflicted with it, you wouldn't dare. @YashaX @Solar_Prophet
    I've had close friends die from cancer and I cringe when I see it used so casually, or wished upon someone.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    bad animations are bad animations.  Sounds like people are trying to make something into an issue that really isn't.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited March 2017
    bad animations are bad animations.  Sounds like people are trying to make something into an issue that really isn't.
    Bad animations, bugs everywhere, horrid writing.

Take your pick, there's videos everywhere that show how screwed up this game is and yet people keep defending it as if they were somehow blind to all the issues.
    Nyctelios said:
    Distopia said:

SBFord said:

As with just about everything, there's a good message and a bad message within the "SJW" movement. Trying to fight things like Racism = good, trying to make sure the outrage is known about Slave Leia's collar = not so good. There are also many contradictions within that message.. like say touting individualism, yet at the same time falling head deep into group-think and the resulting shaming of those who don't. 

So you'll have to define how anyone really carried the torch of that movement, rather than state certain aspects that may coincide with their own beliefs?

You also have to take into consideration much of that stuff is regurgitated by 20 somethings, which today says it's being spewed by a bunch of people who don't know squat. They were never educated on civics, barely any history, etc.. The common core brain if you will... The same people who in a recent poll by a majority declared Democracy isn't important... So yeah....
    FFS, it's an open group. You can't define anything, both of you.
    HE can certainly define his allegation folks here are defending crazy SJW politics... Other than that what did I attempt to define rather than state my opinion about the said group?

Note: That last part was more or less a fact though... Civics and History are pretty much gone from schools... Which means kids aren't learning important things like what happened in the 30s-40s, as well as 60's, why freedom of speech is important, how our government actually works, etc...

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Iselin said:
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    tawess said:
    karmath said:

It is still a matter of degrees. All racism is not equal to all other racism. You can dislike an ethnic group all you want but until you gas a few million of them to death, you ain't as bad as the Nazis.
    Iselin your argument is BS, two wrongs don't make a right and its that simple.  There's no good excuse to be hateful or racist period.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Asch126 said:
    Bad animations, bugs everywhere, horrid writing.

Take your pick, there's videos everywhere that show how screwed up this game is and yet people keep defending it as if they were somehow blind to all the issues.
    Oh come on, been playing it since release and that is just not true at all.  Take about fake news, your post is it.  Anyone that plays a Bioware game and grouses about animations is a troll.  Sure there are minor bugs, but I have yet to find one that causes much in the way of gameplay interruption.  And I will call complete nonsense on the horrid writing.
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Just gonna leave this here.

Original article is not exactly factually accurate.

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    The problems with the game don't strike me as an SJW Agenda. It feels much more like a new inexperienced team. Which is understandable. I suspect their next game will be orders of magnitude better in execution. My only advice in the mean time is for the writers to go take a few Physics and Chemistry courses - at least up to and including Classical Thermodynamics. A large majority of my issues with the writing stem from a misunderstanding of core science that themes their game.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    SBFord said:
    As a cancer survivor, I am constantly appalled by the casual use of a terrible disease's name in order to make some point about gaming. If you or anyone you loved had ever been afflicted with it, you wouldn't dare. @YashaX @Solar_Prophet
    I've had close friends die from cancer and I cringe when I see it used so casually, or wished upon someone.
    If someone is saying "SJW cancer" they say what they mean. It also does not mean they wish a tumor to every or even any SJW (Well some might offcourse, can not read there mind). They simply mean that SJW as a movement is an "evil condition that is the  cause of impairment, destruction, ruin, or frustration" (as in the word Blight). It is indeed not political correct, but that is the whole point I guess. It might be a over exaggeration (If they where really a blight, Trump would cleary not be president), but I think you sell people short if you believe they wish someone to have a tumor when they use it is in this context. 
    edited March 2017
    Asm0deus said:

Iselin your argument is BS, two wrongs don't make a right and its that simple.  There's no good excuse to be hateful or racist period.

The problem is there's a difference between hating based on race and skin color because you think it's inferior, and fearing based on instinctual mistrust. That's why the history is important to the context.

Secondly who wouldn't be crapping their britches in cannibal country if a couple bush people came upon them? That's instinctual fear. By the same measure most would crap their pants if an armed group with tanks and red armbands came down their street. Again it's instinctual fear. There's a reason by example our subconscious goes into a state of fear and mistrust.

SO islen is right IMO as one is hate/superiority based, the other is explainable fear, they are not the same measure of wrong.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Asm0deus said:
    Iselin said:
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    karmath said:
    Iselin said:
    tawess said:
    karmath said:

What's BS is saying that all wrongs are equal to each other. Punching someone is not the same as killing them which is essentially what your "racism is racism" leads to.

Maybe you buy that bullshit but I see it for what it is which is just plain misdirection.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    The problems with the game don't strike me as an SJW Agenda. It feels much more like a new inexperienced team. Which is understandable. I suspect their next game will be orders of magnitude better in execution. My only advice in the mean time is for the writers to go take a few Physics and Chemistry courses - at least up to and including Classical Thermodynamics. A large majority of my issues with the writing stem from a misunderstanding of core science that themes their game.
    consideranting the lastest games was crappy too, you really consider they will have a new chance?

I decided after me3 I would not buy any ME game, and after inquisition(like ME3 I had to finish the 3 games series) I will not pay for a new EA game for a long time, I could consider battlefield, but serious last one good enough was bf4 with was almost the same as bf3, then hardline(crap), star wars battlefront(don't like cod so why I would like this? because it have a star wars name?) then BF1 with is the same shit was the star wars one?

if bioware/EA fire people and hire new people with the right supervision, don't matter is is just to say diversity or competence, if you make crap you will get crap, ME:A is crap worse graphics then the first one, same one with inquisition most part members was lacking, they game design can't keep up with the lore they made in the previous games, ME is a huge on this, in ME3 they forgot that little dark energy thing is little mentioned on the first, a lot on 2 then on the 3 meh I forgot(could be because the writer on the 3rd is not the same guy)

so yeah I don't see any reason to even waste on bioware games, cherish teh oldies ones who was actually good, and save money, nothing says fuck you to a bussiness then taking you money to the ones who are working right
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    consideranting the lastest games was crappy too, you really consider they will have a new chance?

I think that people like you and I who continuously read about games and keep a somewhat vested interested in development are in the minority - in regard to those who purchase EA's games.

Ultimately, I doubt anything we determine about ME has much effect on its bottom line and subsequently its chances for sequels.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Torval said:
    I only really care whether they fix the bugs and polish the rough spots in a timely manner. I don't expect perfection. I expect dedication and improvement. EA and Bioware care about their Mass Effect IP. I can't really see them shrugging this off like they might with older forgotten titles (rip bejeweled twist).
    It's EA!  The only real thing you can count they're for sure working on, is upcoming DLC to get more money out of your wallets!
    JeroKane said:
    Torval said:
    I only really care whether they fix the bugs and polish the rough spots in a timely manner. I don't expect perfection. I expect dedication and improvement. EA and Bioware care about their Mass Effect IP. I can't really see them shrugging this off like they might with older forgotten titles (rip bejeweled twist).
    It's EA!  The only real thing you can count they're for sure working on, is upcoming DLC to get more money out of your wallets!
    The best way to ensure DLC sales is to show some measure of caring about the product you put out. They're only hurting themselves if they don't attempt to improve what people are complaining about. They know that as well as anyone... 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Distopia said:
    JeroKane said:
    Torval said:
    The best way to ensure DLC sales is to show some measure of caring about the product you put out. They're only hurting themselves if they don't attempt to improve what people are complaining about. They know that as well as anyone... 
    just take a look at their official forums. The amount of complaints about issues and game breaking bugs is insane.

Not a single response from EA/Bioware. Even if it's to just ease people's minds to confirm they even working on a patch.
This discussion has been closed.