Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meeting 4.0 Challenges Head On & Moving Into the Future - Rift News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMeeting 4.0 Challenges Head On & Moving Into the Future - Rift News

The latest Rift producer's letter has been published on the official site. The discussion begins with a recitation of some of the best things that have happened to the game in the past re months including technical improvements. The letter then goes on to dissect some of the challenges encountered with v4.0, how those challenges will be met and what the future holds for Trion's MMO.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    dont make me pay 300$ to check out new stuff and maybe ill sub again

also what is hardmode
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

DMKano said:

Myrdynn said:

also what is hardmode

Basically something like EQ1 vanilla meets Rift.

EQ1 graphics with Rift monetization.

Best of both worlds.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

"We heard you, we agree, and we are pouring heart and soul into improvements." -ah, i see.
    So, is PVP back btw? And what about a "welcome back" package for veterans? What about an ultimate edition that includes it all?

Nothing but their usual PR bs again, i read that many times. This seemingly giving in to and caring for community input that in fact they ignored forever in first place.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Trion really doesn't have any excuse for failure at this point. 4.1 largely consists of things that should have shipped with the expansion back in November. And it's been pushed back due to vacations, office moves, PAX, hurricanes, tidal waves... it wasn't their fault!

After seeing how eager they were to leave and go drink beer in one of their Friday streams (the same one where we found out they were postponing 4.1 for almost a full month), I really lost my remaining faith in them. I canceled my sub and urged everyone I knew to do the same.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

DMKano said:

Myrdynn said:

also what is hardmode

Hard mode would be - a lot more challenging game from level 1. So imagine dying often even under level 10, imagine leveling taking a long time and a lot harder content.

So, making an extremely boring leveling experience even worse.

Yay?
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

So, making an extremely boring leveling experience even worse.

Yay?

But it's the *only* way to get DMKano back in game. So it's obviously important, right?

It seems like the number of Rift developers have shrunk so much (based on how 4.0 to 4.1 has taken almost 5 months) that I really don't think they can afford to spare effort on a server that so few would actually use.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Samhael said:
    But it's the *only* way to get DMKano back in game. So it's obviously important, right?

I guess he could just ask his "inside sources" to set up a hardcore server and they would figure something out for him!
    Or tell it to his ole friend Scott Hartsman the next time they have a beer on the porch together...you know, in one of these buddy moments.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's not a bad game and I really enjoyed it when it first came out and had fun playing it. What keeps me from returning is their pricing strategy. It's too high compared to competing MMO's so I just play those.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited March 2017
    oh just looking at their site they finally packaged a catchup deal.  Not as bad as before when you had to buy every expansion from Storm Legion up

RIFT Essentials Pack
    RIFT Essentials Pack

Looking to catch up on all of the awesome RIFT content you've missed out on or just new to Telara? Then this is the perfect pack for you! Get the Primalist Calling, 14 Souls, extra bag slots, and more!

INCLUDES:

Storm Legion Souls
    • Tempest (Warrior - Damage)
    • Harbinger (Mage - Damage)
    • Defiler (Cleric - Damage)
    • Tactician (Rogue - Support)
    Nightmare Tide Souls
    • Arbiter (Mage - Tank)
    • Liberator (Warrior - Healer)
    • Oracle (Cleric - Support)
    • Physician (Rogue - Healer)
    Primalist Calling and Souls
    • Titan (Primalist - Tank)
    • Preserver (Primalist - Healer)
    • Vulcanist (Primalist - Damage)
    • Dervish (Primalist - Damage)
    • Typhoon (Primalist - Damage)
    • Berserker (Primalist - Damage)
    $49.99

then Starfall Prophecy

$39.99

so $90 still just to see if I like the new content, still rather pricey

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I would try it out, but the price to get back in after so long a time is still ridiculous.
  • Peco115Peco115 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Agreed, way too high to get back into
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

DMKano said:

Myrdynn said:

also what is hardmode

Hard mode would be - a lot more challenging game from level 1. So imagine dying often even under level 10, imagine leveling taking a long time and a lot harder content.

Or basically an unemployed's dream.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I'd go back if they made a server with no cash shop, subs only. That was always the only thing keeping me from fully enjoying this game.
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'd try it out if again the initial buy in wasn't so extreme. They need to do a free to play month I think. Too much content and souls to see if a free to play weekend. Also, a month is a good amount of time to get people hooked enough to then do that type of a buy in. At least I think.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Yawn. Bought the newest xpac and gave up after I was sent on a quest to kill evil unicorns and save squirrels, badgers, and rabbits.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• DvalinDKDvalinDK Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Sorry dont like your Graphics..