Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look how fast Frank ippolito can Create Unique Space ships =)

GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

watch how fast he can Create Space ship models, hahahahahahahahah

he can create Unique Space ship models within 20 minutes  =)

Maybe star citizen should Hire Frank Ippolito  from Tested  to speed up there creative process

Comments

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    edited March 2017

just made me laugh  watching how fast this guy can make stuff  =)

Is Modeling space ships really that expansive and Time consuming ? when this guy can pump out 20 Unique space ship models Everyday if he wanted to

20 minutes to make a ship model  =)   pretty impressive
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well this is deceiving because he already has pre-made assets.However in case of SC,not so deceiving because they are doing something similar.
    Also this is a 2D model not a working game model of a ship with hulls and inside assets.

A real good graphic artist and there are lots of them out there could make an actual game ship in a few days but to make a really HQ looking ship full of features and assets would take a month,maybe 2 months if everything is from scratch.
    SC is using  repeated assets to form new ships.

He is doing nice on the fly work,but he likely practiced this and maybe even looking off a picture because it sure looks like he is aiming directly in the editor for a distinct asset/object.
    We really don't know how much time was spent making those shapes/assets,it might have been several months.

So i feel this can really mislead someone into thinking they can just pickup this software and start making anything they want w/o pre-made assets.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited March 2017
    Grimula said:
    Is Modeling space ships really that expansive and Time consuming ? when this guy can pump out 20 Unique space ship models Everyday if he wanted to
    Hah! Only if it was that easy :D

However, the modeling is just one of the basic stages of what will take get a playable game vehicle within the game. It goes from the entirety of materials, the several passes it takes until all the details are fine-tuned, to the lightning and optimization, to the physics, the setup of components and ship systems (lots of simulation to do), etc... 

The modeling is not the hard part of it, after you have the design and materials ofc.

But even then there are several passes to do, things like the white-boxing when it is about the basic geometry, then the grey-boxing that is when you detail a more refined 3D model... But no textures yet, that will be another pass to the model.

good stuff to know  =) thanks hahah

Frank is really good though  so maybe he can do this stuff on the FLy

Love watching this guy work ,  really awesome artist
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well i can bang out 20+ ships in Lego too as long as i do not need to care about scale and the internals. The internals is what takes time. That and the rather crazy amount of polish in regards to detail and textures. 

So while i have no doubt that this guy could make some awesome SC ships, it would take him about the same time as the rest. 

This have been a good conversation

I would love to see your 20+ lego ships a day  =) that would be a world record after a year I assume  hahah
    edited March 2017

hahah you must be a Space Gazillionaire  =)

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    That's funny, made me laugh.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Grimula said:

Is Modeling space ships really that expansive and Time consuming ?

Yes.

Have fun
  • BalmongBalmong Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Erillion said:
    Grimula said:

Is Modeling space ships really that expansive and Time consuming ?

Yes.

Have fun
    Especially when you have to take said model and make it fly in their physics engine.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited March 2017
    Balmong said:
    Especially when you have to take said model and make it fly in their physics engine.
    Here's one in-depth look at what it takes to make it from Concept to Greyboy +6:20min:

Then all the fine-tuning, physics (stuff as thruster locations ends up simulated so it can't be simple template applied to all ships), animations, texturing, lighting, ship systems/interfaces (they don't have the same UI for all ships like ED), the creation of the damaged and destroyed versions of the ship, making so parts break and all that within interior and exterior...  I don't think all it takes is create a model and fly it on their physics engine :P