Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol nvida has to be one of the top companies for being evil.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    I just spent the past hour reading in detail many of these court cases, humorous at best is the reaction to some of these thieves , and the way the went about there shady business.... Its 11 cases in 20 years , go read them ... Funny at best , thieves for sure 

So did they steal crops from Monsanto's store? Because they did not. They did not pay the additional fee to Monsanto for some of the seeds they used. As they used the seeds they harvest to plant. Something farmers do from thousands of years. But the law in US does not allow it. The law enforced by Monsanto.

And check this "Monsanto's Harvest of Fear"

Hahah Rhinehart , whos nephew was selling the seeds in unmarked brown paper bags , yes , yes very good example ..lmfao
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmao , you need to go read...
    I already did it, before few years. Monsanto pays to republicans and democrats both, they make legislation, then the corporation enforce a monopoly on the market with lawsuits. To call farmers thieves, because they planted the seeds they have harvested, is ridiculous. 
    There is also the issue with cross polination from neighbouring fields, that was causing a problem too, though honestly, that someone is actually defending Monsanto, beggars belief.

http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2014/sep/6/monsanto_has_sued_farmers_16_years_never_lost_case

Monsanto, is not a friend to Farmers, but a tyrant that has to be obeyed, or else.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Viper482 said:
    God forbid a business put profits as their top goal. You don't have to buy nvidia you know? I hear there is this other thing called AMD Radeon. This is a free market system, if AMD steps up and starts making better quality products maybe Nvidia will lower their prices to compete.

This notion that businesses should not be modeled for maximum profit is just silly. They are not here so you can be a pc gamer with the best for cheap, they are here to make money. Get over it. I hear North Korea doesn't allow capitalism, perhaps you would be happier there. 
    SO much this.. what ever happened to people realizing they had a choice to buy things or not?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited March 2017
    well, it's quite simple, you think you can sell em cheaper? then do it?
    people would surely buy it.

and quite frankly, i don't think you ever encountered real evil :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-eol-graphics-card,26304.html

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I stopped supporting Nvidia and went down the AMD route as soon as I saw Nvidia drop support for the 9 series just after the 10 series was released.

Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Loke666 said:
    DMKano said:
    I wouldnt even call them greedy - considering the business of capitalism, its pretty damn normal.

Again if you want to see evil - research Monsanto
     Heard a lot about them, yes. Not much good. But the competition is tough, Lundin Petrolium is the worst one we have here in Sweden, moved 200K people against their will in Africa and had certain people who protested too much killed.

But you are right, there are few megacorps or regular companies that aren't greedy (if any, possibly something Musk own) and Nvidia is far from the worst one, even in hardware. 

Greedy is only really annoying when the people who do it pretends they aren't, like a certain huge Irish rockband that talked about how important it was that everyone paid their taxes to help the country recover from the finance crisis while they themselves paid their own taxes somewhere else that was far cheaper.
    Google up Belgium, the Congo and the rubber industry.

Pure evil

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Phry said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    lmao , you need to go read...
    I already did it, before few years. Monsanto pays to republicans and democrats both, they make legislation, then the corporation enforce a monopoly on the market with lawsuits. To call farmers thieves, because they planted the seeds they have harvested, is ridiculous. 
    There is also the issue with cross polination from neighbouring fields, that was causing a problem too, though honestly, that someone is actually defending Monsanto, beggars belief.

http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2014/sep/6/monsanto_has_sued_farmers_16_years_never_lost_case

Monsanto, is not a friend to Farmers, but a tyrant that has to be obeyed, or else.

The Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association (OSGATA) and others filed a lawsuit against Monsanto in an effort to invalidate Monsanto’s patents because of alleged fears of Monsanto exercising its patent rights and suing farmers if crops were inadvertently cross-pollinated. The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York dismissed the case and commented:

• There was no case or controversy in the matter because Monsanto had not taken any action or even suggested taking any action against any of the plaintiffs.
    • Monsanto had a long-standing public commitment that “it has never been, nor will it be, Monsanto policy to exercise its patent rights where trace amounts of our patented seeds or traits are present in a farmer’s fields as a result of inadvertent means.”
    • Plaintiffs’ allegations were “unsubstantiated … given that not one single plaintiff claims to have been so threatened.”
    • Plaintiffs had “overstate[d] the magnitude of [Monsanto’s] patent enforcement,” noting that Monsanto’s average of roughly 13 lawsuits per year “is hardly significant when compared to the number of farms in the United States, approximately two million.”

Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:

Your link is to an article about Nvidia ending driver support for cards of the Tesla architecture about 4 1/2 years after the launch of the last of those cards.  That was over 8 years after the launch of the first of those cards.  You can't expect driver support forever, and that length of support is in line with what AMD offers.

Nvidia didn't drop support for the GeForce 900 series when the GeForce 1000 series launched.  They might have stopped building the 900 series cards now that it makes no sense to buy one new anymore, but they'll offer driver support for several more years.  Pascal is a similar enough architecture to Maxwell that they'll probably discontinue driver support for both at the same time.
    https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    ikcin said:

You know a article is terribad when the first claim of Saccharin being a poison can be easily disputed just by searching pubmed or any other scientific source that is peer reviewed. Not even 10 sentences in and the authors bias is already in your face lol.

I'm not defending Monsanto but I really do hate misinformation. Don't get me started on the GMO debate either lol.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:

https://tech4gamers.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-is-obsolete-say-hello-to-legacy-drivers/

When I got to get drivers for 600 series cards they still have them so you can check each time a driver comes out it supports even older cards than the 900 series. It is in the list of cards so technically they are still providing support.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-378-92-whql-driver-download.html

check that see all that way to 400 series

Supported

GeForce 10 Series
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX 1080 and Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

GeForce 900 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

GeForce 700 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710, GeForce GT 705

GeForce 600 Series
    GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605

GeForce 500 Series
    GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510

GeForce 400 Series
    GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420

Chamber of Chains
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Vrika said:
    It's not that simple. New manufacturing processes are always unreliable. GTX 1080 TI likely wasn't possible a year ago because too many of them would have failed during manufacturing, and the rest would have been as costly as Titan.

Now the process is older and works more reliably, and they can sell larger chips at consumer prices.
    If that is true, than never mind about my first statement. Make sense if that is the case. 
    Oh yields are absolutely a huge part of it.
    Why Intel adopted a tick-tock cycle several years ago - which is now a tick-tock-tock cycle. Lots of info on the aims of each stage of their manufacturing cycle. 

Why it took a little while before stock really hit the shelves - it wasn't a "soft launch" but nor were the early cards abundant.

Add in that NVidia will have gotten feedback from people who bought the 1080 - feedback which will have fed into the modifications that resulted in the 1080Ti - and you start to see the issues.

Now, on top of all that, they will be aiming to a) make as much money as they can b) keep their customers happy c) keep up with anything that AMD and others are doing. Which just adds to the complexity.

edited March 2017
    cheyane said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Quizzical said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:

When I got to get drivers for 600 series cards they still have them so you can check each time a driver comes out it supports even older cards than the 900 series. It is in the list of cards so technically they are still providing support.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-378-92-whql-driver-download.html

check that see all that way to 400 series

Supported

GeForce 10 Series
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), GeForce GTX 1080 and Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050

GeForce 900 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN X, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, GeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970, GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 950

GeForce 700 Series
    GeForce GTX TITAN Z, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720, GeForce GT 710, GeForce GT 705

GeForce 600 Series
    GeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 635, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605

GeForce 500 Series
    GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510

GeForce 400 Series
    GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420

GeForce GTX 900 series graphics card owners will receive limited support of driver to fix problems for at least a couple of years, but you should not expect any improvement in performance or better support for upcoming games on the market.

Hey if your happy with that sort of support for a card that's over a year old that's ok but I would be so pissed off hence I jumped camp to AMD.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited March 2017
    DMKano said:
    Loke666 said:
    I don't think we share the definition of "evil", mine has more to do with polluting the earth out of laziness, actually killing people (have happened in Africa with more then a few oil companies), ignoring safety issues that can hurt or kill their own employees or selling products like medicines that don't work and so on.

Even EA is pretty low on the evil scale (but buying up companies and firing all employees just to get a name or license is evil even if it just is petty evil), Nvida could at worst be called "greedy".

I wouldnt even call them greedy - considering the business of capitalism, its pretty damn normal.

GMOS are safe.  Monsanto isn't an evil company lol.  You need to stop getting your "research" from naturalnews and David Wolfe.  
  • cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    Since the mid‑1990s, Monsanto indicates that it has filed suit against 145 individual U.S. farmers for patent infringement and/or breach of contract in connection with its genetically engineered seed but has proceeded through trial against only eleven farmers, all of which it won..

11 isnt dozens , and they won every case , lol some of these farmers plead guilty and did jail time for there theft ....
    Very cool data, but how much paid the rest 134 evil thieves, called farmers? Because most of them also paid for their 'theft'. It is very scary when a company rules the government and the public systems like the jurisdiction, because that leads to totalitarianism. If you check the communist party in USSR, it has a typical corporative structure with chairman, CEOs, board of CEOs, business plans, production goals, marketing targets and etc. In fact this is the edge of the capitalism, when every citizen is turned into production unit without any civil rights.
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    PsYcHoGBR said:

Wait a minute....you made a CHOICE?! Omg! A company did something you did not like so you took your business elsewhere? Unbelievable.

/sarcasm off

This is how free market works.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    cloudacv said:
    ikcin said:
    Scorchien said:
    Since the mid‑1990s, Monsanto indicates that it has filed suit against 145 individual U.S. farmers for patent infringement and/or breach of contract in connection with its genetically engineered seed but has proceeded through trial against only eleven farmers, all of which it won..

11 isnt dozens , and they won every case , lol some of these farmers plead guilty and did jail time for there theft ....
    Very cool data, but how much paid the rest 134 evil thieves, called farmers? Because most of them also paid for their 'theft'. It is very scary when a company rules the government and the public systems like the jurisdiction, because that leads to totalitarianism. If you check the communist party in USSR, it has a typical corporative structure with chairman, CEOs, board of CEOs, business plans, production goals, marketing targets and etc. In fact this is the edge of the capitalism, when every citizen is turned into production unit without any civil rights.
    You people are crazy if you think its ok to steal someone elses work at call it yours. You then call them evil for sueing people that stole from them and used the seeds as their own. It wouldnt be stealing but the fact that they used their seeds as their own is stealing.  You stupid communist bastards dont even understand capitalism you just want to run around and call everything evil because you believe whatever you see on facebook. Just like all those faggots that eat bananas then say theyre gmo free. no youre not dipshit a banana is a gmo and weve been genetically altering food since the beginning of time. God damnit you people are stupid.
    I agree with what you said.  But this part is completely uncalled for and to many people will discredit any point you're trying to get across.  
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well if we are talking about "evil"/greedy companies and such, how about the RIAA and Movie people. They are working towards turning copyright into FOREVER RIGHT.
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    When it comes to consumer electronics, PC hardware, or anything in the technology industry, one pretty much has to assume that something newer and better will always be around the corner and that new releases will reduce the price of older stuff. Eventually, you make the decision that it's time to upgrade and you can't wait any longer, so you buy something. If you did your research and considered past experiences correctly, you might go 8-12 months before something is released that is newer and better than what you bought. If something comes out within a few months, then you didn't do enough research or use common sense, and really have no one to blame but yourself. I did it last year when I bought a GTX 970 for over $300 just 4 months before the launch of the 1000 series, and it was my own damn fault.

The alternative is to be so paralyzed by the fact that your purchase will just become obsolete soon that you never end up buying anything new.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Loke666 said:
    I don't think we share the definition of "evil", mine has more to do with polluting the earth out of laziness, actually killing people (have happened in Africa with more then a few oil companies), ignoring safety issues that can hurt or kill their own employees or selling products like medicines that don't work and so on.

Even EA is pretty low on the evil scale (but buying up companies and firing all employees just to get a name or license is evil even if it just is petty evil), Nvida could at worst be called "greedy".

GMOS are safe.  Monsanto isn't an evil company lol.  You need to stop getting your "research" from naturalnews and David Wolfe.  

Take GMOs completely out of the equation - look at Monsanto's other products - example Roundup - it's already banned in EU, many other countries are also banning it.

Roundup is one of the top selling herbicides - it's also highly toxic causing health problems in humans, animals and obviously plants.

Monsanto is aggressively pushing all farmers to use their products, suing organic farmers and forcing them out of the business. This company wants to own as much of food supply production as possible. 

Monstanto has been dumping toxic waste - like PCBs and poisoning communities and lying about it for DECADES. - look up Anniston Alabama - ask them if Monsanto is not evil.

Ever heard of Agent Orange - you know who produced it - yep Monsanto. This killed around 400,000 vietnamese and more than half a million children suffered deformities. 

You want to hear the kicker - even TODAY - Monsanto is claiming that Agent Orange is not toxic !!!!! - There is hard scientific data that shows how stupidly insane this is.

Monsanto is taking over filtering water - because they are the ones who know how to remove their own pollutants from the groundwater, so they created a problem and solution and in the end are taking over water supplies. Not evil at all......

Yeah, Monsanto - the good guys... ehm

1.Roundup...
    Glyphosate is not a carcinogen.
    The chronic toxicity and oncogenic potential of
    glyphosate ... have been evaluated by a number of regulatory agencies and by international
    scientific organiz
    ations. Each of these groups has concluded that glyphosate is not
    carcinogenic.

In this Backgrounder, “Roundup” refers to the original Roundup agricultural herbicide (MON 2139), which
    contained the active ingredient glyphosate (as the isopropylamine salt),
    water and a surfactant
    (polyoxyethylene
    -
    alkylamine or POEA).
    “Government regulatory agencies in several countries, international organizations, and other scientific
    institutions and experts have reviewed the available scientific data and independently
    judged the safety
    of glyphosate and Roundup. Conclusions from three major health organizations [Health Canada, United
    States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), and World Health Organization (WHO)] are publicly
    available (Health and Welfare Canada
    , 1986, 1992; U.S. EPA, 1993, 1997a, 1998a; WHO 1994a).
    Those reviews, which have applied internationally accepted methods, principles, and procedures in
    toxicology, have discovered no grounds to suggest concern for human health.”

2.your second point is a complete lie as they have sued noone for this and has already been disproven in this thread..

3.Agent Orange.. your Goverment contracted and paid them to develop it ..Your Goverment approved its use , Your Military used it .... Not Monstanto.. your nest point is also a lie ....

The only thing that troubles me woth this co. is the dumping they did , but they have and are taking steps to impove this ..

And lets ignore the fact that they feed and help millions of people , and donate Millions to help people ...

DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Loke666 said:

Take GMOs completely out of the equation - look at Monsanto's other products - example Roundup - it's already banned in EU, many other countries are also banning it.

Roundup is one of the top selling herbicides - it's also highly toxic causing health problems in humans, animals and obviously plants.

Monsanto is aggressively pushing all farmers to use their products, suing organic farmers and forcing them out of the business. This company wants to own as much of food supply production as possible. 

Monstanto has been dumping toxic waste - like PCBs and poisoning communities and lying about it for DECADES. - look up Anniston Alabama - ask them if Monsanto is not evil.

Ever heard of Agent Orange - you know who produced it - yep Monsanto. This killed around 400,000 vietnamese and more than half a million children suffered deformities. 

You want to hear the kicker - even TODAY - Monsanto is claiming that Agent Orange is not toxic !!!!! - There is hard scientific data that shows how stupidly insane this is.

Monsanto is taking over filtering water - because they are the ones who know how to remove their own pollutants from the groundwater, so they created a problem and solution and in the end are taking over water supplies. Not evil at all......

Yeah, Monsanto - the good guys... ehm

1.Roundup...
    Glyphosate is not a carcinogen.
    The chronic toxicity and oncogenic potential of
    glyphosate ... have been evaluated by a number of regulatory agencies and by international
    scientific organiz
    ations. Each of these groups has concluded that glyphosate is not
    carcinogenic.

In this Backgrounder, “Roundup” refers to the original Roundup agricultural herbicide (MON 2139), which
    contained the active ingredient glyphosate (as the isopropylamine salt),
    water and a surfactant
    (polyoxyethylene
    -
    alkylamine or POEA).
    “Government regulatory agencies in several countries, international organizations, and other scientific
    institutions and experts have reviewed the available scientific data and independently
    judged the safety
    of glyphosate and Roundup. Conclusions from three major health organizations [Health Canada, United
    States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), and World Health Organization (WHO)] are publicly
    available (Health and Welfare Canada
    , 1986, 1992; U.S. EPA, 1993, 1997a, 1998a; WHO 1994a).
    Those reviews, which have applied internationally accepted methods, principles, and procedures in
    toxicology, have discovered no grounds to suggest concern for human health.”

2.your second point is a complete lie as they have sued noone for this and has already been disproven in this thread..

3.Agent Orange.. your Goverment contracted and paid them to develop it ..Your Goverment approved its use , Your Military used it .... Not Monstanto.. your nest point is also a lie ....

The only thing that troubles me woth this co. is the dumping they did , but they have and are taking steps to impove this ..

And lets ignore the fact that they feed and help millions of people , and donate Millions to help people ...

Simple question - 

Do you work for or have any association with Monsanto?

Also anyone can google and find counterpoints to EVERYTHING you found - but not going to do that - why would the world be banning Roundup if it was so safe?

hmm?
    Nope.....
    edited March 2017
    lol .. Probably .. nuff said ..

But lets only focus on perceived Bad ...

And ignore all good , afterall , its much more dramatic and fits an agenda ... doesnt it ...

Lets look at some good they have done ...

http://news.monsanto.com/news-releases/all/all/Giving

Thats a lotta giving over the years .....................

Look .. These corps need to come up with solutions for pop growth feeding etc , and mistakes are made much like the Asbestos boom thru the 60,70 and 80s, or Lead paint for decades,tanning products that dont work.. Medical Procedures with adverse side effects ..  ... As science and tech advance and more info is gathered over time changes are made .... Somebody has to take the leads in these endeavors , Mistakes are made along the way , Its the way its always been and will always be ,they seem to be doing the best they can from all i have read , and this was most of the day ... They know that mistakes were made and have taken steps to give back , rectfiy and take measures to ATTEMPT to ensure that similar or worse mistakes are avoided ....

In additon they are not some Evil Empire private corp ... they are publicly owned , And Many folks on this site and in your life may have there 401ks invested in them ....

• jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Holy Shit! There are human beings that think Monsanto is not horrible...Russian operative, maybe?

Well, I guess this is how we got Agent Orange aka The Donald.
    edited March 2017
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    lol .. Probably .. nuff said ..

But lets only focus on perceived Bad ...

And ignore all good , afterall , its much more dramatic and fits an agenda ... doesnt it ...

Lets look at some good they have done ...

http://news.monsanto.com/news-releases/all/all/Giving

Thats a lotta giving over the years .....................

Look .. These corps need to come up with solutions for pop growth feeding etc , and mistakes are made much like the Asbestos boom thru the 60,70 and 80s, or Lead paint for decades,tanning products that dont work.. Medical Procedures with adverse side effects ..  ... As science and tech advance and more info is gathered over time changes are made .... Somebody has to take the leads in these endeavors , Mistakes are made along the way , Its the way its always been and will always be ,they seem to be doing the best they can from all i have read , and this was most of the day ... They know that mistakes were made and have taken steps to give back , rectfiy and take measures to ATTEMPT to ensure that similar or worse mistakes are avoided ....

Yet they know that Roundup is toxic and what are they doing about it?

Yeah they keep selling it.

Monsanto KNOWS that roundup is toxic - I have family members that worked for over 30 years at Monsanto - I've learned about toxicity of Roundup from them, as they told me how bad it was 15+ years ago.

They said - whatever you do - never use Roundup, it's toxic. 

As for why Monsanto is not doing anything about Roundup eventhough they know that it shouldn't be sold  - this is why:

"As of 2009, sales of these herbicide products represented about 10% of Monsanto's revenue due to competition from other producers of other glyphosate-based herbicides;[78] their Roundup products (which include GM seeds) represented about half of Monsanto's gross margin.[79]"

It's about money of course - again if you know anyone who works at Monsanto specifically with Roundup - go ask them if they use it heh - they aren't. Go ask them if they go out of their way to buy food that was not produced with Roundup.

Again - Monsanto - the good guys.... yep.

lmfao did you read your own link cmon man , Possibly , probably , then read on and you find that tests over thousands of Farmers said it didnt cause cnacer etc , it caused it  in Lab rats ... in controlled exposures ...

Lol wtf your own link disproves the point you want to make ..

from your link ... the following

But other evidence, including from animal studies, led the IARC to its ‘probably carcinogenic’ classification. Glyphosate has been linked to tumours in mice and rats — and there is also what the IARC classifies as ‘mechanistic evidence’, such as DNA damage to human cells from exposure to glyphosate.

An industry group of agrochemical companies called the Glyphosate Task Force said that the agency’s evaluation “demonstrates serious deficiencies in terms of methodological approach and the overall conclusion is inconsistent with the results of all regulatory reviews concerning glyphosate’s safety profile”.

Some academic scientists have sounded notes of caution over the IARC report. Oliver Jones, an analytical chemist at RMIT University in Melbourne, told the Science Media Center in London: “IARC evaluations are usually very good, but to me the evidence cited here appears a bit thin.” He added: “From a personal perspective, I am a vegetarian so I eat a lot of vegetables and I’m not worried by this report.”

.Monsanto — a member of the task force — said that relevant scientific data that showed no risk was excluded from the review, and the IARC “purposefully disregarded dozens of scientific studies”, specifically genetic toxicity studies.

lmfao .. get a grip man