Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Love EVE cannot die but i also cannot play it with these people.

ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57
I always loved Eve and i still do.
My huge problem is the rotten community. Its not only bad or worse, its rotten and filthy inside. I'm not sure what they made like that, but as long as i dont have any safe places except sitting in a station in high sec i don't want to play EVE again.
Earlier it was like: if you want pvp or game-without-any-rules, go 0.4 or below. 0.5 and above is safe. This was fair to play and you could choose what you like to do, but these days with all the suicide gankers and even if they lose more money then you when they kill you, they still want to get you..just because they know they have much more money then you..its not playable for normal human people.

Doing missions is the same: earlier you could make 1 or 2 hours of a big mission, collect the loot comfortably in a beatiful surrounding and bring all the stuff back home..or you bookmarked and  came back with a cargo ship. The last time i went into game you have people collect your loot while you fighting against mission mobs, salvaging your stuff while you still play the mission, they even dont wait until all enemies are down to steal your stuff.

And CCP did not care about that normal people, they supported gankers, griefers, thiefs, sickos of all kind and called this "pvp".

Very sorry, i still hope things change maybe because i want to play EVE again one day.

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Humm, I figured out the above several years ago mining. I will not spend 15 $ a month to be ganked.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Reskal said:
    I always loved Eve and i still do.
    My huge problem is the rotten community. Its not only bad or worse, its rotten and filthy inside. I'm not sure what they made like that, but as long as i dont have any safe places except sitting in a station in high sec i don't want to play EVE again.
    Earlier it was like: if you want pvp or game-without-any-rules, go 0.4 or below. 0.5 and above is safe. This was fair to play and you could choose what you like to do, but these days with all the suicide gankers and even if they lose more money then you when they kill you, they still want to get you..just because they know they have much more money then you..its not playable for normal human people.

Doing missions is the same: earlier you could make 1 or 2 hours of a big mission, collect the loot comfortably in a beatiful surrounding and bring all the stuff back home..or you bookmarked and  came back with a cargo ship. The last time i went into game you have people collect your loot while you fighting against mission mobs, salvaging your stuff while you still play the mission, they even dont wait until all enemies are down to steal your stuff.

And CCP did not care about that normal people, they supported gankers, griefers, thiefs, sickos of all kind and called this "pvp".

Very sorry, i still hope things change maybe because i want to play EVE again one day.
    They would destroy your ship even if they lost more money than you? That sounds as if it is done out of spite rather than purer PvP reasons. I can forgive being killed and destroyed if you're fighting for territory or other more noble PvP reasons but to simply drive a person away or destroying them just for fun and spite even if you're losing more than what the person you destroyed is losing; is boredom. They have nothing to challenge them so they just destroy for the sake of destroying.

Sad for newer players and people expecting fair play .

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    They do it for the salty tears. That IS their reward. 

If you ignore them - even after being killed - that is their frustration. 

Have fun
    AlexanderVendi
  • ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Erillion said:
    They do it for the salty tears. That IS their reward. 

If you ignore them - even after being killed - that is their frustration. 

Have fun
    And so you get killed all the time and ignore them all the time and after a while you play in cheap ships because your money is gone and you dont go afk for 5 minutes because you better watch local and who is entering the system.
    Because you dont want to lose the cheap ships with only 1/3 mining power of your good t2 barge also.

So you play the game as THEY want you to play it. But main thing is ignoring them ?

No thanks.

When CCP understands where the money and the people come from, i return. If they still want to feed sickos because they think its hip, i stay away.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Unfortunately most pvp centric games turn out like this in the long run.  Some people just like to harass or ruin other peoples fun, it is what makes it fun for them.  I am all for killing someone on level footing but when you have people just doing things like the OP described it tends to drive away a good portion of players.   PVP, especially free for all loot, tends to bring out the worst in people, which in turn tends to make a lot of games become more and more toxic over time because it drives away people that don't enjoy harassment, ganking, or pure idiocracy described above.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Yet EVE has the best working balance PVP/PVE MMORPG to date, huh fancy that.
    Krematory
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Welcome to EVE... ^^ There have *always* been the Two Rules.  Rule One, Trust No One.  Rule Two, don't un dock ANYTHING you can't afford to replace.
    Hatefull
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    k61977 said:
    Unfortunately most pvp centric games turn out like this in the long run.  Some people just like to harass or ruin other peoples fun, it is what makes it fun for them.  I am all for killing someone on level footing but when you have people just doing things like the OP described it tends to drive away a good portion of players.   PVP, especially free for all loot, tends to bring out the worst in people, which in turn tends to make a lot of games become more and more toxic over time because it drives away people that don't enjoy harassment, ganking, or pure idiocracy described above.

It was for 8-10 Years fine, divided pve and pvp-areas, suddenly the griefer-communitypart came out with: its a pvp-game. But what means taht ? Most griefers lay back and say, that its a pvp game so you can kill all everywhere and do all you like. Like always they use foul excuses, but criminals in real life do also.

PVP-Game means in first row that its a game that offers pvp, like f.e. DAoC does, or Ultima Online but it doesnt automatically mean griefing, pvp everywhere and excuses for every failed character to enjoy anything.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Maurgrim said:
    Yet EVE has the best working balance PVP/PVE MMORPG to date, huh fancy that.
    I dont understand how you can say it has the best balance when there really is no PvE.  You can get ganked mining, trading or mission running, heck you can get swindled just buying a contract for stuff if you dont really focus and make sure you read and understand exactly what the contract is for.  Is this the way contracts work in real life?  Absolutely, but if I wanted real life, I would not be spending $15 a month to pretend I was flying internet spaceships.  While I think Eve is a great game, I can not honestly say it has a balance of PvP/PvE. 

CCP is in a tight spot right now.  If they make high sec safer, they lose some of their core base.  If they leave things like they are, more of the PvE people will continue to leave and without easy ganks, they lose some of the pretend pvpers who will go to other games to get their lulz. 

Free to play brought in a few more players to the server at the end of last year but they are already back down into the 30k range for max concurrent players.  That 35,000 max concurrent players for yesterday looks even worse when you realize that some of those were free accounts.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    See, the thing is the balance is shifting more and more towards one side, so its causing the other side to exit stage left.

Recent changes finally drove me away, along with others who favor a less aggressive playstyle.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Pfff...

Same shit as allways. Ganking in empire is more costly today then in the begining. The only thing that has changed is that the empire bears have more money to burn on bling, and are suppriced that they then cross the fine line that means killing them is actually worth it, even if it is only for salty tears. 

Problem is that some carebears think that they should be able to fly bling, bling ships in empire without risk.

Sorry, but that is not EVE. If you want to blaze though content wihtout risk, WoW is that way. In EVE there is always a risk/reward balance, even in empire. Do not run missions or incursions in bling, bling ships, if you do not like getting ganked. Hell, do not bling, bling mine if you do not want to be ganked.

Simple as that. Deal or leave. Same as always.
    Krematory
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Wraithone said:
    Welcome to EVE... ^^ There have *always* been the Two Rules.  Rule One, Trust No One.  Rule Two, don't un dock ANYTHING you can't afford to replace.
    Maybe you should have read his post in detail rather than just posting a standard reply.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Welcome to the new generation of mmo players OP. I also remember how Eve was in those early years and how players had a code of honor about where you pvped in the game. And if someone broke the code you got half the server hunting him down for it. The bounty system was in place just for this. But over the years CCP just let the wolves take over the game and now you have what it is today. You have an ingame option to avoid low sec.space in your map and back then you could play the game in completely safe space. But now there is no where safe. Its to bad CCP let the game get to this point.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I dont get the fascination with Eve anyway....Add in all the jerks and it makes it really easy to avoid it
    hfztt said:

Problem is that some carebears think that they should be able to fly bling, bling ships in empire without risk.

Sorry, but that is not EVE. If you want to blaze though content wihtout risk, WoW is that way. In EVE there is always a risk/reward balance, even in empire. Do not run missions or incursions in bling, bling ships, if you do not like getting ganked. Hell, do not bling, bling mine if you do not want to be ganked.

Ignorance doesn't help you to understand the problem. On the other hand, from what you wrote i see that you are part of the problem.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    kitarad said:
    Sad for newer players and people expecting fair play.
    No need to be sad at all.

There is plethora tools for old and new players how to avoid engagement if you wish so. Sure, there will be always some that are oblivious to their surrounding and game mechanics and those will have difficult time in EVE but that is how the game is, it does not give you anything for free - it isn't a mindless, all-forgiving game.

If you actually care and make minimal effort, a chance of getting ganked in high-sec is very slim....
    edited March 2017
    Gdemami said:
    kitarad said:

There is plethora tools for old and new players how to avoid engagement if you wish so. Sure, there will be always some that are oblivious to their surrounding and game mechanics and those will have difficult time in EVE but that is how the game is, it does not give you anything for free - it isn't a mindless, all-forgiving game.

If you actually care and make minimal effort, a chance of getting ganked in high-sec is very slim....
    The "chance" of being ganked in high sec is much greater these days, so your level of precautions to avoid has increased as well.

(I moved out to null sec about 3 years ago, preferred the easier identification of hostiles.)

At some point you just decide it's not worth the bother. 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Reskal said:
    hfztt said:

Ignorance doesn't help you to understand the problem. On the other hand, from what you wrote i see that you are part of the problem.
    It's very easy to talk tough when you aren't shouldering most of the risk.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    Well op that is why i wouldn't like Eve,pvp will ruin any rpg type design.
    Pvp imo is only viable in an arena fps shooter because you give pvp everything it needs to be it's very best.In a rpg your introducing ideas that are not at all connected to pvp,instead just ideas that likely interrupt or piss others off.
    My gut feeling tells me it is ONLY the ships and pvp that drives people to the game,imo it has very weak if any rpg qualities.Another thing about pvp is in reality you cannot concentrate on any more than 1-2 opponents,that is why i liked ffa DM or a maximum of 3-6 players depending on size of map.The idea of team pvp never attracted me,needing team speak/discord or whatever,no thanks,i prefer to concentrate on just me in pvp scenarios.

I am certain knowing what i do of pvp psyche in player minds. They feel a bit of comfort zone in a large open space similar to the way mild arena shooter players tend to aim for bigger safer maps.If a game has pvp,there is no such thing as safe,you are always a target and that will always be the goal of the game,pretending to be anything else just makes for a weak game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    The "chance" of being ganked in high sec is much greater these days, so your level of precautions to avoid has increased as well.

(I moved out to null sec about 3 years ago, preferred the easier identification of hostiles.)

Nah, you are just grumpy.

There is always part of the playerbase that will be unhappy about any change CCP makes, and some of those will start summoning doom and gloom...how it will drive people away, etc.

Nothing new there, regular business.

Gdemami said:
    Kyleran said:

Nah, you are just grumpy.

There is always part of the playerbase that will be unhappy about any change CCP makes, and some of those will start summoning doom and gloom...how it will drive people away, etc.

Nothing new there, regular business.

You are right, with the significant increase in subs the past 5 years clearly its just disgruntled curmudgeons who move on. 

Hatefull

edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    You are right, with the significant increase in subs the past 5 years clearly its just disgruntled curmudgeons who move on.
    See, I was spot on. You are just projecting your grudge onto others...
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Left recently after many many years playing, not for any one reason as such, but the off grid changes were the final straw for me, been in same alliance and same part of null for much of my years playing Eve.

Starting getting miffed years ago with the War dec system and its obvious tool for one playstyle, which actually didn't affect me at all really where I was, or change my day to day workings one jot, but I saw it for what I presumed it was and at the time  evidence of favouritism to 1 or 2 large player corps.

Then off grid came along, fine with most of it, was good for when corp did pvp roams, hell it was good for ratting but the Rorqual changes and handling corp mining ops MEH.

The changes brought about some shifts, which we countered but I woke up one morning and went "Bugger this" and canceled my sub, didn't even play out the remaining 4 months of my yearly sub, burn out, yeah a bit, but its also the feeling of being channelled down an ever narrowing path and not the sandbox feeling I used to have of doing anything I wanted, still with massive doses of paranoia,  but the conform or die mentality the game became.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    Gdemami said:
    kitarad said:

Game mechanics/tools only go so far as to dictate your likely hood of falling victim to gankers though, wouldn't you agree? You're talking as if the game itself is not player driven in the end, the forgiving nature is largely dictated by the way in which players approach it, run into an "unforgiving" player you're pretty much in for an unforgiving time. Also don't pretend that there are not mechanics and tools used  to the benefit of the ganker as well. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I would come back if CCP would come out with PVE only server. maybe one day, and Star Citizen is gonna put a hurt on them also. I think its time for the suits to take a hard look at things in Iceland.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA