Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO - Mass Effect: Andromeda - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Mass Effect: Andromeda Vid

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753

Wait, you crash on their planet, shoot them until they are all dead, yet you call them the baddies?

It is a little weird. You travel to a galaxy that isn't yours, land on a planet you don't own, kill the first aliens you see then just shrug about starting an intergalactic war. "We tried nothing to avoid this and it happened anyway!"

Um, that's not how it happened at all. The aliens attacked first. You attempt to talk to them. They respond with weapons. If you played the game you would probably know this.

Did you even play the game?

You walk up to them in battle armor with guns drawn, start yelling at them in a language they don't understand, and then (if you're me anyway) shoot them in the face when they start getting rough with Fisher.

Maybe they eventually shoot first if you wait long enough, but I and every let's play I've watched shoots them first.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Wait, you crash on their planet, shoot them until they are all dead, yet you call them the baddies?

It is a little weird. You travel to a galaxy that isn't yours, land on a planet you don't own, kill the first aliens you see then just shrug about starting an intergalactic war. "We tried nothing to avoid this and it happened anyway!"

Um, that's not how it happened at all. The aliens attacked first. You attempt to talk to them. They respond with weapons. If you played the game you would probably know this.

You walk up to them in battle armor with guns drawn, start yelling at them in a language they don't understand, and then (if you're me anyway) shoot them in the face when they start getting rough with Fisher.

Maybe they eventually shoot first if you wait long enough, but I and every let's play I've watched shoots them first.
    So did you ignore the rest of the story about who they are and what they're doing to the other Andromeda native race? Shoot first... shoot second... who gives a shit, They're the bad guys FFS.

And yeah, getting rough with my squad mate is a good enough reason to shoot them in the face.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230

You don't have to wait for too long to see them shoot first. I just slowly approached them with my weapon holstered and they immediately attacked us. I guess it was the range that triggered them.
  • xMSyx09xMSyx09 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I love your videos :D
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited March 2017

Guess you forgot about how they shot down your shuttles and killed the majority of all initial team.  But you got streamer videos over my actually experience so I guess you know better :awesome:

BTW, from what i've seen you write in every ME:A thread so far.  I really highly doubt you have played this game.  If you did, you wouldn't even need to bring up streamers for your argument.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Hmmm, I loved ME2: great story, good combat, interesting characters, pretty tight gameflow overall. I am just not seeing the same magic in the reviews/video playthroughs for this one.

Also what is with bioware making bonking such a big part of the game, but making all the characters so bland/ugly? Main character in particular looks like such a downgrade from Shepard.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited March 2017
    I am more interested in finding out why you have not played the other Mass Effect games. I also read that if you customize your character instead of using a preset they animations problems are minimized.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Guess you forgot about how they shot down your shuttles and killed the majority of all initial team.  But you got streamer videos over my actually experience so I guess you know better :awesome:

BTW, from what i've seen you write in every ME:A thread so far.  I really highly doubt you have played this game.  If you did, you wouldn't even need to bring up streamers for your argument.
    Uhhh @MrMelGibson THEY don't shoot down your shuttle.  The planet/EMP does that.  Wow, you've completely convoluted the whole mess.  And you have a CHOICE whether to go in guns drawn or not.  And then they SHOOT THE GUY before you can respond.  Thereby necessitating it.

But I don't think half of ya'll have played this.  There are SERIOUS flaws with the game. This ain't one of them.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Overall I am enjoying this game, 29 hours in got every quest done on 2 worlds that are offered at the time with only one bug out of the tons of quest I have done. Yeah the face animations are bad but I could care less about that, it is 90% the eyes which are hard as hell to get right in any game. I have enjoyed the story and look forward to completing the other planets. Just for the record the Khett shot at me first!
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    "Lost in space"?... Face palm... I'll have you know that I saw that series when it was originally broadcast... ^^
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    Wraithone said:
    "Lost in space"?... Face palm... I'll have you know that I saw that series when it was originally broadcast... ^^
    Congrats that you're old? : D

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Distopia said:
    Wraithone said:
    Not old "middle aged".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Distopia said:
    Wraithone said:
    Not old "middle aged".
    Technically I'm "middle aged" (since life expectancy is 80 or so)... I certainly wasn't watching LIS when it originally aired, more like Gi-Joe... :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I just started and I have to say I'm enjoying it. The game looks better than the videos I've seen. Iselin is correct, they did a good job with the skin. I'm also running it on Ultra so I would expect it to be decent.

Haven't gotten too far yet (last night was pub and bad movie night) but I intend to invest quite some time this weekend.

I do have to say that the female face choices for your avatar seem worse than the male faces.

Not sure if the captain lives but I'm totally going to boink her (per the original video)
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Went to 2nd sol system after the deseart planet and am getting me ass handed to me by Kitts I guess they are called. There is gaint one along with 4 or 5 normal mobs guarding him. Went to bed last night talking to my self. Yea I'm liking it went to gamestop and bought the collectors hard back cover of the prima guide.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Elsabolts said:
    Went to 2nd sol system after the deseart planet and am getting me ass handed to me by Kitts I guess they are called. There is gaint one along with 4 or 5 normal mobs guarding him. Went to bed last night talking to my self. Yea I'm liking it went to gamestop and bought the collectors hard back cover of the prima guide.
    If you think those are bad, wait till you run into the real tough Remnants... especially the architects... they are tough mofos. I've managed to kill 2 of them so far and I really hard to work for it. Some advice: get used to dodging early... getting used to doing that while fighting an architect is the wrong time to start. I speak from experience :) 
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited March 2017

rertez said:

You don't have to wait for too long to see them shoot first. I just slowly approached them with my weapon holstered and they immediately attacked us. I guess it was the range that triggered them.

Interesting. Maybe it depends on whether you stick to protocol or choose the common sense "I'm not going home in a body bag" option. I picked screw protocol.

They didn't shoot down your shuttle. [mod edit]

Iselin said:

So did you ignore the rest of the story about who they are and what they're doing to the other Andromeda native race? Shoot first... shoot second... who gives a shit, They're the bad guys FFS.

And yeah, getting rough with my squad mate is a good enough reason to shoot them in the face.

You don't know any of that when it happens.

If you're mugging someone and shoot them for not giving you their wallet, it doesn't make you a good guy when you find out later they're a member of ISIS.

Post edited by Vaross on
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    but,but,but, I have Krogan Nakmor Drack
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Hey wow! The next Mass Effect is going to look so much better. The characters on their own are very promising and a huge improvement. Take a look here: http://i.imgur.com/HQkuvwy.png

Oh, wait a minute......
    edited March 2017
    Ikeda said:

Uhhh @MrMelGibson THEY don't shoot down your shuttle.  The planet/EMP does that.  Wow, you've completely convoluted the whole mess.  And you have a CHOICE whether to go in guns drawn or not.  And then they SHOOT THE GUY before you can respond.  Thereby necessitating it.

But I don't think half of ya'll have played this.  There are SERIOUS flaws with the game. This ain't one of them.
    Your shuttle gets knocked out of the sky because of the maelstrom that the remnant monolith is creating.  Which was turned on by the Kett lol.  So they are responsible for your crash.  Then they proceed to kill off other members of the other shuttles before you even run into the first group.  Who are about to kill another member of your landing party.  

Do tell of these "SERIOUS flaws".  Other than a few animations, I have yet to experience these "game breaking flaws" as you and others seem to suggest.  36 hours in and still no game breaking issues.  

rertez said:

Interesting. Maybe it depends on whether you stick to protocol or choose the common sense "I'm not going home in a body bag" option. I picked screw protocol.

They didn't shoot down your shuttle. Maybe don't be such a smug prick when you don't know what you're talking about?

Oh the irony.  I still standby what I said.  You haven't played this game.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Elsabolts said:
    Just the tactics I use if they might help,  get a sniper rifle and work at head shots.  I got sniper rifle that does 1k damage will kill anything that is not shielded in one shot.  Think before getting the 5th version it was based around 700 damage or so and is a one shot/reload.  But you can take out an entire group in about 20 sec using it.  Just start with the non-shielded ones should get at least 2 of them before they can spot you.   You can even kill them from out of range(without the crosshair turning red)  if you so desire which makes them run for cover but not return fire as they can't see you.  Head shots to the shielded will normally drop there shields then use pull to lift them in the air since their shields are down while you reload.  Overall I am using things that CC like pull and can't remember the name of the other one where is  sucks them into a vortex to slow things down while I take out all the non-shielded one.  Oh and drack is a beast, paired him with Peebee for the extra CC pull and now just steam roll thru almost all of them.  Overall just find something you like to use and stick to it you will be flying through them in no time.
    k61977 said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Just the tactics I use if they might help,  get a sniper rifle and work at head shots.  I got sniper rifle that does 1k damage will kill anything that is not shielded in one shot.  Think before getting the 5th version it was based around 700 damage or so and is a one shot/reload.  But you can take out an entire group in about 20 sec using it.  Just start with the non-shielded ones should get at least 2 of them before they can spot you.   You can even kill them from out of range(without the crosshair turning red)  if you so desire which makes them run for cover but not return fire as they can't see you.  Head shots to the shielded will normally drop there shields then use pull to lift them in the air since their shields are down while you reload.  Overall I am using things that CC like pull and can't remember the name of the other one where is  sucks them into a vortex to slow things down while I take out all the non-shielded one.  Oh and drack is a beast, paired him with Peebee for the extra CC pull and now just steam roll thru almost all of them.  Overall just find something you like to use and stick to it you will be flying through them in no time.
    I believe you are thinking of Singularity.  That is a very useful ability at the right times.
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    "Except when you need it to" lol - story of my life
    k61977 said: 
    Elsabolts said:
    That's a good tactic you have.  I went the full vanguard biotic direction.  Charge in, Nova than either a shotgun to the face or i use my krogan hammer to finish them off.  Tier 6 of charge dropped the recharge rate of charge by 75%, so I can usually use it right after to the next target/group.  I really enjoy the variety of weapons for melee.  Always felt in the trilogy that that was a weak point.  Glad to see it has been improved.  With the right build my Ryder is a melee monster.