Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU WoW Service & Shop Prices Getting a Steep Increase - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEU WoW Service & Shop Prices Getting a Steep Increase - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - World of Warcraft players in the EU are going to see a hefty increase in the price of WoW Services and certain shop items starting April 5th. Prices will be changing for things including name change, character transfer, race change, premium mounts, helms and many others.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Declining subs =/= try to skim the money of elsewhere.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Fusion said:

Absolutely agree. Can't believe how greedy this company is becoming. The more crap they produce the more money I guess they need to cover their expenses.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    It's called Brexit.
    I like to complain about games.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    well brexit, trump and the fact that we are still sort of in a economic crisis here in europe.

Prices on pretty much everything is going up.. food, gas, clothes, rents... and yes... entertainment.

This have been a good conversation

• necrolocknecrolock Member UncommonPosts: 48
    The prices were already too high, guess i will keep boycotting, hopefully other people have the sense to do the same.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Token grind gonna get even more real.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    The WoW Token price will probably shoot up again as well.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The old prices where insane already and one of the reasons why i quit the game back then.

My server was one of the very latest that Blizzard opened up, never ever reached a healthy population and had a 7:1 horde to alliance ratio. Horde guilds even offered to pay and support alliance guilds and there was a common rule in the realm's horde community to not kill alliance players in their process of leveling a character. Blizzard had it up in these "free transfers" events twice, but still it remained totally dead.

Moving off of it with all my chars would have cost me a ridiculous tripple digit fee which just wasn't worth it in this aging game and i didn't feel that starting allllll over was an exciting thing to do in an old game either, so i had the choice to play on a dead realm that had like 10 guilds or to quit the game altogether.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Fusion said:

If that was the case, then they'd raise service prices in all regions, not just EU.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    EU token prices are hovering around 190k gold...or they were at that mark yesterday. This might see another big price spike gold-wise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    I am so glad I no longer play this game now as it is a joke as what it was once before the greed set in and the players no longer get the magic that this game once had in abundance. I would be ashamed if I was the games creator to see what it has become even if it was from my 180 ft yacht full of buxom wenches.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Forthcoming news - EU region given to Gameforge. Players already getting shafted will lose their lube.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    ... and most of that stuff should be a standard FREE feature, especially for sub game.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    tawess said:
    well brexit, trump and the fact that we are still sort of in a economic crisis here in europe.

Prices on pretty much everything is going up.. food, gas, clothes, rents... and yes... entertainment.
    Whoa, whoa whoa WHOA!

Are you really trying to apply logic and facts here?

This is a Blizzard thread son, we don't take too kindly to things like "logic and facts" here.

Just make a "greedy Blizzard" post and be done with it.
    By the way, they're running a 25% off sale on character services for NA, from now until April 4th.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20602174/on-sale-now-world-of-warcraft-legion-and-select-character-services

Save 25% on the following character services:

Guild Services
      • Guild Name Change
      • Guild Transfer
      • Guild Faction Change
      • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
        Xiaoki said:
        tawess said:

Whoa, whoa whoa WHOA!

This is a Blizzard thread son, we don't take too kindly to things like "logic and facts" here.

OK its Blizzard greedily wanting to protect their profits.

Activision Blizzard reports its earnings in $s. Exchange rates change all the time but as a result of changes revenue in e.g. £s now buys say 15% less dollars. A drop in profits and possibly resulting in increased costs.

Some of this stuff though - especially as they can be automated - should be included with peoples subscriptions. There can be limits applied to how many times a month but charging for some of this stuff .... seriously?
      • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
        Xiaoki said:
        tawess said:

Whoa, whoa whoa WHOA!

While @tawess has a valid point there, the prices already screamed "greedy Blizzard" before the raise.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
        Forgrimm said:
        By the way, they're running a 25% off sale on character services for NA, from now until April 4th.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20602174/on-sale-now-world-of-warcraft-legion-and-select-character-services

Save 25% on the following character services:

Guild Services
        • Guild Name Change
        • Guild Transfer
        • Guild Faction Change
        Lol kinda funny that the EU pay more while the NA get a deal to pay less right before the change.
      • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
        Forgrimm said:

Fusion said:

If that was the case, then they'd raise service prices in all regions, not just EU.
        More likely that some sales dept in Blizzard decided that EU customers would more likely accept a price hike as opposed to US customers who probably need a 25% off sale in order to keep the numbers up.
        If they felt that US customers would also accept a price hike then for sure it would happen. Money is money and Blizzard will milk its customers as efficiently as possible.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
        April 5th is also the start of the new tax year hmm coincidence ?
        Kunai_Vax said:
        Forgrimm said:

Fusion said:

More likely that some sales dept in Blizzard decided that EU customers would more likely accept a price hike as opposed to US customers who probably need a 25% off sale in order to keep the numbers up.
        If they felt that US customers would also accept a price hike then for sure it would happen. Money is money and Blizzard will milk its customers as efficiently as possible.

No. It has everything to do with economic fluctuations in different regions. Here's the actual quote from Blizz regarding the change.

We carefully review the prices of our games and services in all currencies on a regular basis, and we occasionally need to make changes based on regional market conditions. Considering this, we’d like to let you know that we’ll soon be adjusting the European prices of some of the optional services available for World of Warcraft.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
        $ = € = GBP is more like it. Blizzard has already done it to Heartstone and ppl keep buying there, so why not drop it to your main game as well..?
      • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
        Thos prices were already to high. 

Also not buying the market conditions.

Some peopel made good points on the Wow board. Ill link them.

"You never see fit to make changes that would result in cheaper services for EU consumers, it's always upwards."

"If prices should rising, why US and Asia are not affected? only EU? Remember when blizz rise prices in 10 years of WoW anniversary and lately in HS EU."

"You're not "adjusting it based on regional market conditions", you're adjusting it because of changes to a currency that has nothing to do with the euro(hint: it's a certain North American currency). The prices for services were already WAY too high for a completely automated process, you're just being straight up greedy.

Also... how odd that the subscription wouldn't increase based on "regional market conditions" :thinking: Could it be because that's just a bull!@#$ reason and you're just trying to milk more money, but increasing the sub price would be too risky?
        Also, love how you only ever adjust the price upwards. That seems slightly suspicious too..."
      • SkjoldurSkjoldur Member UncommonPosts: 9
        Herase said:
        (..)The prices for services were already WAY too high for a completely automated process, you're just being straight up greedy.
        (..)Also, love how you only ever adjust the price upwards. That seems slightly suspicious too...

Exactly.

• NixeskaNixeska Member UncommonPosts: 39
        Since it seems like nobody knows how economics work in the world, you might want to do a little research. You'll find that over the past few months almost every global game has been issuing a price increase on EU products. The google play store and App store have done the same.