Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO - Mass Effect: Andromeda - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Mass Effect: Andromeda Vid

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageNot So MMO - Mass Effect: Andromeda - First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Mass Effect: Andromeda Videos - MMORPG.com

Mass Effect: Andromeda is the newest entry in the Mass Effect series from Bioware. Take on the role of the Pathfinder and head out to the far reaches of the galaxy. And who better to explore the universe and boink a bunch of space beings than TheHiveLeader?

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

TimEisen said:

You said some stuff about a thing! How dare you!

Lies and slander! I said nothing!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

TimEisen said:

Lies and slander! I said nothing!
    You did too, I heard you say "stuff"  O.o

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

TimEisen said:

But it's not like he gave a Zelda game a 7 out of 10.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I lost it at the "Lost in Space" joke. I like thinking of Hive as a guy who doesn't understand what's funny at all - he just is.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Alverant said:

TimEisen said:

But it's not like he gave a Zelda game a 7 out of 10.
    I give Zelda a 1 out of 10! BRING ON THE VIEWS! (**Disclaimer: Hive has not played Zelda yet**)
  • Pot8oPot8o Member CommonPosts: 1
    That video made me laugh a lot, thanks for that. I know everyone keeps talking about the animations but it still surprises me how awful they are. Someone turned the terrible animation knob to 11.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Well memed as always HiveLeader.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    just tell me one thing how the facial expression could be worse then inquisition? since its almost the same gam, I mean engine?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Thanks! The game looks fun. I may have to try it once I either upgrade my existing workhorse or replace it. I got it when Windows 7 came out and is still awesome! (But it's showing its age.)
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Wait, you crash on their planet, shoot them until they are all dead, yet you call them the baddies?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Loved Lost in Space and I own that MST3K episode ...

So good!

Great episode.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Wait, you crash on their planet, shoot them until they are all dead, yet you call them the baddies?

They aren't technically natives either. And they started it... (**the third grader approach ALWAYS works**)
  • TarbloodTarblood Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Great vid HiveLeader, as always!

RAWR

Sovrath said:

So good!

Great episode.

Possibly my favorite episode.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I feel the same way about how they do MMO's. Thanks for the review.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Sovrath said:

So good!

Great episode.

Definitely. I also recommend Quest for the Delta Knights.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThadicanThadican Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Good vid Hive!
    Sovrath said:

Sovrath said:

So good!

Great episode.

Definitely. I also recommend Quest for the Delta Knights.
    Netflix (in the US at least) just added like my "Best of" list. Manos, Time Chasers, Space Mutiny, Werewolf... It's freakin' awesome. Luckily I own them all on DVD as well, but it's still great to have them available for streaming.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753

It is a little weird. You travel to a galaxy that isn't yours, land on a planet you don't own, kill the first aliens you see then just shrug about starting an intergalactic war. "We tried nothing to avoid this and it happened anyway!"
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    God your fun to watch, Iv watched all your mmorpg review vids and cant wait for you to put out others.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

It is a little weird. You travel to a galaxy that isn't yours, land on a planet you don't own, kill the first aliens you see then just shrug about starting an intergalactic war. "We tried nothing to avoid this and it happened anyway!"
    These aliens aren't native to that planet, and started trying to bash a dude's head in almost immediately. You first approach them with your hands up and they go aggro. I'd say it was pretty damn prudent to start shooting.
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    edited March 2017

These aliens aren't native to that planet, and started trying to bash a dude's head in almost immediately. You first approach them with your hands up and they go aggro. I'd say it was pretty damn prudent to start shooting.

but what if hands up means you wanna sleep with their daughter in alien language?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    zenomex said:

but what if hands up means you wanna sleep with their daughter in alien language?
    Then sleep on!
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Um, that's not how it happened at all. The aliens attacked first. You attempt to talk to them. They respond with weapons. If you played the game you would probably know this.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    What's not to like about a game where the toughest bad guys are architects? Only calling them accountants could have been better.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED