Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square Reminds You to 'Callback' Your In-Game Buddies - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageSquare Reminds You to 'Callback' Your In-Game Buddies - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - Square Enix has posted a note on the Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone to remind players about the ongoing "Callback Campaign". From now through an unspecified date, players can choose to send a special email invitation to a former player on their friends list. If they come back to FFXIV, both players can score some pretty phat lewt.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

Wonder if Square Enix is behind this. I think they're starting to work on genetically engineering Chocobos :)
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Would happily come back if I did not have to grind out 100 horrible quests just to catch up to the last expansion.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    I went back and stalled due to forced dungeon groups in order to advance the Main Story Quest :-( I just need to find that 2-3 hour window where I can group up. Biggest thing I dislike about the game.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    if anyone even dares to "Call Me Back" to this game they are gonna get slapped! lol
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2017

Viper482 said:

Would happily come back if I did not have to grind out 100 horrible quests just to catch up to the last expansion.

Very disjointed and a bit amateurish on their part if you think about it. Instead of allowing skip parts like say wow, where you're able to jump into an expansion's content at a certain level (wotlk at 68, cata at 80, panda land at 85, etc), they have all this fluff (and most of story quests are fluff) in the way regardless of your level which a lot of people on the official forums are not really getting. Leveling in FFXIV has always been easy and got even easier with PotD so leveling isn't the issue. The issue is that there is way too much content is gated behind fluff making it very daunting for a new player at the very least. Even FFXI had less restrictions and allowed players to jump into expansions without having cleared the previous. Just very poor design. On top of that, they are wanting to make money off of said poor design by trying to sell "story skip" potions in the future, rather than just lifting the restrictions in general.

A better but still silly thing is that SAM and RDM will not require people to access the expansion area of SB to unlock them (You'll still need SB expansion), but DRK AST and MCH will still be locked behind a huge content wall. You'd think they'd amend that point as well, but nope, especially since most of the job quests pre-50 take place in ARR areas when you have to do them. You only go back to Ishgard sometimes just to turn them in but never into an HW actual field for any of them until 50+.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    You people that dont like the quest will have a way to jump ahead of it all soon. They are talking about making a potion that will let you jump over all the storyline quest from ARR to Heavensward. The good thing is that Heavensward to Stormblood is only like 2 hours worth of quest if that. I think the count is around 35 quest vs the 150+ quest in ARR to Heavensward.
  • seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Yeah the quests in this game are awful if you are over 12 years old and realize that they are all the exact same thing disguised behind fluff text. The worst part about it is that you can't even group with friends for the more fun and engaging MSQ. Insane. If I could at least go through the quests with friends I would continue playing again. Single player FF games are a better solo experience though, so why play this? It's beautiful, combat can be fun and the music is fantastic. But why on earth would you do several hundred fetch quests with nothing intriguing, dangerous or exciting in between (no dangerous zones where you may die without friends, no meaningful travel since you teleport from hub to hub etc) is beyond me!

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.