Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many MMOs are you actively currently playing? (2017 edition)

124»

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    FFXIV - of course.
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I'm subbed to WoW and play 5-10 hours a week, and have put maybe 5-10 hours total into ESO since the housing update was released. Most of my gaming is non-MMO...I beat Inside and Mirror's Edge 2 recently, have been playing Civ 6 every now and then, and am going to pick up Horizon: Zero Dawn and Mass Effect this week. The last year or two may be the first time in over 15 years where I'm not really paying even a little attention at what the MMO market has coming up.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    None as there really aren't any out there that are worth wasting the time. I keep watching and waiting just in case.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Would have liked to have seen 

NONE : I love MMO's but everything is garbage right now

as a option
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    wait actually i lied, Im playing this MMO lite on steam called Heroes of dire, Its a cool game if you are a fan of turnbased combat
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited March 2017
    I play BDO as my main game but to prevent me from burning out and to satisfy my questing need I play ESO  :p
  • downnicedownnice Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Right now the only game I am really playing is WoW. I do hang out on OSRS to relive the glory days and mess around but I am not really playing it seriously. (I might play that full time depending if I lose my WoW Guild takes a break and then I might decide to play OSRS hardcore and go pking)
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I put one, although I am not playing any MMOs right now.  I normally only play one MMO at a time.

I am playing some online games, but I would not call them massive.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    GladDog said:
    I worked it out.  168 hours in a week, of which you spend;
    56 hours sleeping or resting
    40 working
    16 or so work related (lunch, travel to and from, prepping clothing, extra work stuff at home, and so on)
    20 or so living (eating, shopping, grooming, running errands, etc)
    That's 132 hours, leaving 36 for optional stuff.

If you have family (like me), pets (like me) and interests other than computer gaming (like me), that leaves no more than 20 for games.  A lot of weeks its only 10-15.  It would be really really hard to spread that 10-20 hours a week over more than one game, unless you can take it from other categories.  Who needs sleep?  I can always work part time and live in a cardboard box!  Who needs to shower? (ewwwww)

Of course, there are those out there who game with their families or game for a living (lucky little shits) who can deduct time from the work and family categories.  That is my holy grail, btw...

So that's one game at a time for me, and right now that game is DCUO on Xbox One.  When Bless Online releases, that will be the only one I have time for, and when Ship of Heroes goes into testing, well, good luck finding me anywhere else...
    56 hours sleeping.............

Man that might be nice. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Just 1 right now (Neverwinter on PS4) and mostly because I'm both bored and can't concentrate on anything else to play :s
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    none waiting for a good one;)
  • DhahranGirlDhahranGirl Newbie CommonPosts: 22
    I'm playing two MMORPG's:  EverQuest and Ragnarok Online 2.  That is enough.  I have other things to do. I don't live to play games but playgames to live!
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I've never been able to play more than one game at once.  I play a game until I am bored of it.  Then I move on.  Right now I am not playing any mmorpg.  I will play WoW Classic a week or so after it releases to avoid all the annoyances of the initial rush, and be more able to pick a server more to my liking.

• LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116
    edited August 2019
    Depending on your definition I'm either playing two, or five.

Also why the necro again? This has been happening a lot more lately it seems.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    How many polls are you actively currently necroing? (2019 edition)
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    I've never contemplated to play more than one MMORPG at the same time. For starters, that would be expensive to do.

Unless you count Guild Wars. I played GW for 3 days while playing Vanguard at the same times. Never touched GW again ever since though. I was so insanely bored.
  • PatrickWindich3PatrickWindich3 Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    abandoned recently, tired
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I play Neverwinter online in the mornings for a couple of hours and then play SWG: Legends for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Right now - zero.  This has been the year of finally playing games in my steam/epic libraries.  I did play a little bit of LOTRO early this year though.

But I did just buy ESO but don't plan to actually play it any time soon.  I skipped BfA but I may buy Shadowlands at launch as it will come with BfA free if past trends hold true.  So I'll give it a month.

The only other MMO I may play in the next year is GW2.  I quit after the final fight of Heart of Thorns bugged out and they wanted me to refight a bunch of bosses to get to him again.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Right now, DDO, because the Hardcore Server is up.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file