Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a good match for a 10 year old

gunnarogunnaro Member Posts: 1

Hi guys,

My 10 year old tried Dark Age of Camelot... This is clearly too heavy. He enjoyded Runescape but is getting bored.

Any suggestions from you MMPORG goeroes out there???

Thanks a bunch,

Dan

Comments

• SarenniaSarennia Member Posts: 127

Silkroad online is pretty easy for young ages. My brother plays it and he's 10. Otherwise there's ragnarok online.

• shawnpaul3shawnpaul3 Member Posts: 25
    I would recommend World of Warcraft, aka WOW, since that appears to be where most of the children of MMORPG's go, but they tend to be pretty foul mouthed.
  • jaidenjaiden Member Posts: 35

WOW or City of Heros ^^ he might enjoy being a superhero dont ya think?

MMORPG's ive played
    Earth and Beyond: shut down *tear*
    Jaiden TE lvl 150 +++
    Chikira JE lvl 128
    *World of Warcraft: current
    Tarion lvl 60 hunter
    Anorus lvl 22 Warrior
    *Vendetta-Online: inactive
    Kioal Darkblade 8/8/5/10/9 Overall lvl 40
    "in-development open beta"

• nexus42nexus42 Member Posts: 288

I spoke with some ten year olds in the neighborhood and they seem to be really into Runescape. Bonus: It's free.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/overview/gameID/37

...Pika

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Toontown is good, but if that is too light, I'd suggest CoH. It is a good entry level game in terms of being relatively simple and visually appealing. However, you'll obviously need to pay closer attention to your child in that game then you would in the chat-restricted ToonTown.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• korndog39222korndog39222 Member Posts: 1
    I really suggest MapleStory. Theres no blood, and the only thing to watch out for is other people swearing, and they have a pretty good filtering system.
  • Veilyne_PoBSVeilyne_PoBS Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by gunnaro

Hi guys,
    My 10 year old tried Dark Age of Camelot... This is clearly too heavy. He enjoyded Runescape but is getting bored.
    Any suggestions from you MMPORG goeroes out there???
    Thanks a bunch,
    Dan

I have one son who is 11 and Autistic, and a 9 yr old who is ADhD.

They play Runescape at the library (11 yr old is a member, 9 yr old not), and when at home, they take turns playing Silkroad Online.  My husband and I play WoW, and from time to time we might let them do resource hunting or low quests if we have a new character made (but with supervision).

Outside of that they have a PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, and Cable TV.

The weather is getting nicer.  Suggestion might be to get him outside as well otherwise he won't be getting the exercise he needs to keep his weight down and end up with health issues.

I try to monitor my sons to 2 hours on games and tv for the day otherwise, they would be on it all the time.

We have board games otherwise that they play with each other, and even Yugi (anime type) card games to play as well.

Good luck!

~| UO * TSO * DAoC * WoW |~

Men are like fine wine.
    Be sure to stomp on some of them, leave them in the dark,
    and wait until they've matured enough to want to have dinner with them. *winks*

• hornedheadhornedhead Member Posts: 3
    if you ask me it's definatly endless-online no blood, and you cant even say shut up on it! it's blocked near enough everyhting bad. but the only thing is...lol you can get married : and you know people get attached to other people online

why take drugs when you can skate??? -smokey skateboard-