Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible game/ 8.6 rating is fake > 3.8 would be appropriate

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    filmoret said:
    If you don't like something then just call it fake news.  Seems to be working nowadays along with alternative facts.
    Indeed, it seems to be a prevalent trend these days, fake news is people inventing 'facts' about something they don't like.
  • MMO-RogueMMO-Rogue Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I played AA for nearly a year, I had to struggle to force myself to play out a month in BDO.

It has the worst aspect of AA and found new things to get wrong.

Korean P2W RNG is stupid, this is not an American vs Asian taste, preference, blah, blah, blah. It is stupid and even worse in BDO than AA. I will never again play a Korean RNG pricing model game again. (Fortunately my frustration lead me to quit not pay, for far too many the frustration leads people to spend - now that is a great business model piss people off to make them spend money rather than pleasing them into it.)

The crafting is interesting and goodish, and probably could even be great with some work. However, the market is horrible and ruins any enjoyment of crafting. Of all the good and bad ways I could have previously thought of to implement an MMO game market, I would never have thought of one so bad as BDO. Bracketed pricing that destroys value and incentive - it is like they chose communism over capitalism - supply and demand be damned.

Sandbox has become so mis- and overused - trying to call this a sandbox is ludicrous. Sandbox is not just about a seamless map. It is about overall flexibility in game play. BDO game play is restrictive and rigid - character creation, class leveling, skill selection and gear selection, ... all are the opposite of a sandbox design.

I think questioning the veracity of the rating is valid. If it is valid, it may explain why the more hyped and "popular" a game is in recent year the more disappointing the experience is for me.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Kyleran said:
    Now I'm not sure what "lie" the guy you replied to here drove him to ask for a refund, maybe like you he expected a certain game play experience and it didn't deliver.
    Except the game experience during beta in BDO was exactly the same that after release. In AA, it was not.
    And we both know what betas are nowadays, right? ;)
    True. It was actually at "Alpha" launch I joined and due to controlled population ($150 entry fee) it was a very pleasant experience.

But good land (near coastsl was in short supply even then, and the players clearly could see the pending problems once the floodgates opened.

When the game went into beta, the land rush issue immediately became very real and I found it far less fun.

I hung back on the alpha server hanging on to hopes of rumors they might keep the alpha server up only for those who paid the premium.

When that didnt happen and the launch became a worse nightmare than most imagined I walked away from it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited March 2017
    MMO-Rogue said:
    I played AA for nearly a year, I had to struggle to force myself to play out a month in BDO.

It has the worst aspect of AA and found new things to get wrong.

Korean P2W RNG is stupid, this is not an American vs Asian taste, preference, blah, blah, blah. It is stupid

Except it does seem to be a Western vs Asian taste preference. You not liking it is fine but apparently people do. Also I don't really see the "p2w rng" part. If anything, and if someone wanted to "pay to win" they would buy outfits, put them on the market and over a month or two (probably two) be able to buy items that are already enchanted to the higher levels.

No "rng" involved for the buyer.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    About the 10 LOL´s on my OP. I feel sorry for you people :D 
    To like and even defend such a bad trashy game does not put you guys into shining light position
    Did you even try another game but Black Desert ever ?
    I cant explain how people can fight and defend this game.
    Maybe some are employee´s of the game company...
    i dont know..
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited March 2017
    Goromhir said:
    To like and even defend such a bad trashy game does not put you guys into shining light position
    i dont know..
    Played many OP

Like Suzie I don't care much for the combat, but some love it. IMHO the world design is second to none, I spent many hours just exploring and taking in the sights and very much enjoyed that aspect.

Different strokes for different folks.

That seems very difficult for you to contemplate therefor my lol

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Goromhir said:

i dont know..
    Well, that would require you to make an effort wouldn't it? I mean, if people are playing the game and enjoying it, even though it has flaws (is there a game that doesn't?) then obviously there's something to like.

Maybe it's up to you to stretch yourself a little and put yourself in other people's shoes.

Sadly, many people can't do that.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Goromhir said:
    i dont know..
    Well earned LOLs, good sir.

Here, have another one. :pleased:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Goromhir said:
    i dont know..
    Well earned LOLs, good sir.

Here, have another one. :pleased:
    Aw, what the heck, might as well pile on. B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    That was dumb complaining about the LOLs here another one. You might make rare.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Phry said:
    filmoret said:
    If you don't like something then just call it fake news.  Seems to be working nowadays along with alternative facts.
    Indeed, it seems to be a prevalent trend these days, fake news is people inventing 'facts' about something they don't like.
    Someone was talking about how what's done on the internet is making it's way into real life.  It's one thing to do or say something on the internet but another to do it in real life.  The lines get blurred as people are raised with more time spent on the net.  

It used to be just TV and movies with life imitating art.  Our brains constantly seek information to use as reference for situations encountered.  They become a script for what to do or how to think in certain situations.  

Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GnucastleGnucastle Member CommonPosts: 1
    Ozmodan said:
    Goromhir said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    At least you have it a try.  I prefer rants by people who actually tried, than the rants by people who haven't.
    Back Desert is not really a game that you can grasp in 1 day of playing so I don't really consider him "Giving it a try"

Sounds to me like his computer couldn't handle the game which turned all other experiences to mush.

xeon 1230v3 + gtx1050+16gb + 240gb SSD+ Z97Pro  cant handle this game ?

seriously ??
    This games GFX engine is trash not my system....
    And even if the game play is smooth the game looks like Italian Salad...

Sorry to break it to you but, the 1050 is by no means a high end graphics card.   The 1060 or 1070 are required for anything above medium resolution.  So it most certainly is your system in this case.

So does this mean that my GTX 970m wont be able to run this game smoothly? Thinking about getting it but after reading this I am concerned about performance. 
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Quizzical said:
    Goromhir said:
    I am just mad about myself that i wasnt here on the forums before i downloaded 48GB....
    4 hours download and i expected an awesome game.....
    what i got was not even worth 5 mins of download.

Even Drakensang online is better..

Have you considered leaving a game to download overnight or while you're at work or school?  That makes the download time basically irrelevant so long as it stays inside of several hours.  If you're sitting there watching the game download, you're doing it wrong.

I voted awesome on this comment because all the other options already had votes.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Gnucastle said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Goromhir said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    At least you have it a try.  I prefer rants by people who actually tried, than the rants by people who haven't.
    Back Desert is not really a game that you can grasp in 1 day of playing so I don't really consider him "Giving it a try"

Sounds to me like his computer couldn't handle the game which turned all other experiences to mush.

xeon 1230v3 + gtx1050+16gb + 240gb SSD+ Z97Pro  cant handle this game ?

seriously ??
    This games GFX engine is trash not my system....
    And even if the game play is smooth the game looks like Italian Salad...

Sorry to break it to you but, the 1050 is by no means a high end graphics card.   The 1060 or 1070 are required for anything above medium resolution.  So it most certainly is your system in this case.

So does this mean that my GTX 970m wont be able to run this game smoothly? Thinking about getting it but after reading this I am concerned about performance. 

you'll be just fine with the 970m
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I'm one of them that didn't play the game. I learned to watch Youtubes before I bother anymore because of the over marketed crap that people seem to get sucked into.

Besides Asian games are crap.  And what's with the creepy Asian black thing I see following players around anyway ? 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    I'm one of them that didn't play the game. I learned to watch Youtubes before I bother anymore because of the over marketed crap that people seem to get sucked into.

Besides Asian games are crap.  And what's with the creepy Asian black thing I see following players around anyway ? 
    Have you played any Asian game? What about Final Fantasy 11 or Final Fantasy 14 . Asia has many countries in it . Typical uneducated response blanketing and condemning all Asian games without even knowing what you're talking about. There are Korean ,Japanese and Chinese games that people play and enjoy for you to paint all of them as crap only shows your ignorance.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited March 2017
    kitarad said:

Have you played any Asian game? What about Final Fantasy 11 or Final Fantasy 14 . Asia has many countries in it . Typical uneducated response blanketing and condemning all Asian games without even knowing what you're talking about. There are Korean ,Japanese and Chinese games that people play and enjoy for you to paint all of them as crap only shows your ignorance.

Well Asian games are similar in many ways, no matter if they are Korean, Japanese or Chinese, you know when it's a Asian game when you see it or play it.
    It's the same way when we say western games are also follow similar pattern, dosent matter if It's a American game or a UK game or a German game, you know if it's made in the west when you see it or play it.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    kitarad said:
    Did you try to do any of the trading between areas. Have you managed to hire any workers and started doing any of the crafting. Have you tried to breed horses. Have you started .... you know what I won't bother. 
    Sorry but i don't play mmo's to do any of this stuff.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Yeah, I agree with you. I felt the same way with Albion. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I truly wonder if this game's graphics were removed for say EQ1 graphics,if people would feel the same about the game.I sadly jumped in on a whim mainly because of the graphics,if i had of known how much of this game was so badly designed i would have never purchased on a whim.
    BTW you don't really hire workers,almost nothing in this game is visually shown,it is all just an interface similar to Eve.
    Now if you could hire workers and visually see them on my plantation or farm or house then i would love that,but you can't,you just pretend they are there ..sigh.

Even still if they fixed every single aspect of the game the way it looks proper,the combat would still completely ruin it because it looks that ridiculous to me.I cannot understand how ANYONE can accept the Archer design,there is not one archer in the entire world who would look like that in combat.
    Plus the fact there is no ammo slot "lame" unlimited ammo "lame" yeah they completely ruined combat to a D minus grade.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Wizardry said:
    BTW you don't really hire workers,almost nothing in this game is visually shown,it is all just an interface similar to Eve.
    Now if you could hire workers and visually see them on my plantation or farm or house then i would love that,but you can't,you just pretend they are there ..sigh.

I can see all my workers and my guildies' running back and forth and digging away. Did you look for them?

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    Aori said:
    Quizzical said:
    The UI takes like 10 minutes max to get used to for people who are used to the now standard MMORPG UIs.

In reality, the OP is pissed because he needs 4 hours to download 48gb ;)
    I would like to protest that it is not standard for MMORPGs to hard-code in that function 3 must be a combination of the keys for functions 1 and 2 together, even though the keys for functions 1 and 2 can be changed.  Black Desert does that, and it made it impossible for me to get a control configuration that I liked.  I've never seen another game make that mistake.
    Not entirely sure what you're saying or wanting here.
    Let's suppose that by default, skill 1 uses key A, skill 2 uses key B, and skill 3 uses keys A+B.  The three skills can be remapped to other keys, but not independently.  If I change skill 1 to use key C rather than A, then that will change skill 3 to use C+B rather than A+B.  I can't change skill 3 to use some other key or combination of keys.  It's hard-coded in that skill 3 must be the key for skill 1 plus the key for skill 2 together.  That's really awkward to deal with, and I'd much prefer to be able to make skill 3 into some completely independent key that has nothing to do with skills 1 and 2.

I use a controller to play most games, not a keyboard and mouse.  That does mean I need to use combinations of buttons for a lot of things.  But I need to be able to pick the combinations of buttons in a sensible way.  The main things that get used a lot and need easy access get a button by themselves without a combination.  Less commonly used things or things where a slight delay is acceptable (e.g., navigating menus or talking to NPCs) get a combination of one or occasionally two of the top bumpers plus one of the main buttons, or perhaps one of the harder to reach buttons.  The top bumper(s) that are used for such combination skills aren't assigned to anything on their own.  That works great for handling skills in games with relatively few skills, and is at least manageable in games with a lot of skills.

Black Desert says I can't do that.  They decided to hard-code in that some important skills must be a combination of two buttons that are each used on their own for other important skills.  I haven't a clue why they did that, but it was a terrible decision that offers no benefit whatsoever.  I've never seen any other game make that mistake, at least without also making the much more severe blunder of making it impossible to modify your control scheme.  It's the single largest reason why I quit Black Desert.  The game seemed promising, but it was too awkward to control, so I gave up.
    Well it isn't entirely surprising though, this has always been a thing with games with combos, I don't know of a single one you can remap the way you're wanting. I mean you're still going to have to hit the punch button no matter where you moved it to perform a Shoryuken.
    This isn't a case of, press A then B to use skill 3.  This is a case of, if you press A and B at exactly the same time, you use skill 3.  Press one a little before the other and you get skill 1 or 2 instead, possibly followed by some other skill.
    ...welcome to games with combos. This is a skill thing, what you described is failing at doing it right. I honestly don't mean this as a slight. That is just how these types of combat systems are and always have been. Remapping isn't going to fix your problem.
    This is far from being a SKILL THING!! On a gamepad it makes sense, but on keyboard mouse it's fucking stupid. This has forced players to use 1 button macros to record combos sequences.

[Space] + [LMB] > [W] + [RMB] > [W] > [W] > [Space] + [LMB]  
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    ROFLMAO just summing up all fanbois and haters in this thread leads to a conclusion that game couldn't even remotely deserve it's 8+ or whatever it got unless one side lies. All comments combined here actually paint much more realistic picture of this title.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Wizardry said:
    I truly wonder if this game's graphics were removed for say EQ1 graphics,if people would feel the same about the game.I sadly jumped in on a whim mainly because of the graphics,if i had of known how much of this game was so badly designed i would have never purchased on a whim.

Even still if they fixed every single aspect of the game the way it looks proper,the combat would still completely ruin it because it looks that ridiculous to me.I cannot understand how ANYONE can accept the Archer design,there is not one archer in the entire world who would look like that in combat.
    Plus the fact there is no ammo slot "lame" unlimited ammo "lame" yeah they completely ruined combat to a D minus grade.

I really do not understand why folks like you keep making arguments like this.

You are wanting realism in a Fantasy video game. Why even stop there with the Archer, what about the casters as long as they maintain their combos they will never really exhaust their mana pool, this pretty much any class.

How about the Tamer running around with a GIANT Wolf that she can eventually use a mount, that's pretty ridiculous? Seriously, who does that right?

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    could be his rig.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.