Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light Fresh Screenshot Gallery 3/16/2017 (Non-GDC Coverage) New Content!

SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
edited March 2017 in Dark and Light
What's up folks, looks like we've got a S-Ton more screenshots to show you yet again! Check em out! 

My blade will drink from your skull! Aaaah! (Must read in Arnold S.'s voice)

Revenge of the Ents: Boulder Toss Edition

Smeagol's Origin Story

Gonna call you pokey:

You thought a drop kick from a human spartan would be bad...  :o

260th failed attempt at taming a mount:

Closer look at Zaharul's Gates:

Full on UI/Purchasable House showcase:

A good way to get gold coins: Mario Edition (Seriously, this is how you get gold)

New Generation Lumberjack:

De ja vu...

Jack, where's your ship, your crew,  your PANTS?!

Now entering: Central Square!

(Apparently outdated) Translated Faction Screen!

One day this city shall be mine:

A good way to burn a house down:

Evening officer, I do not have possession of your sweet roll:

Dark and Light: Salem Trials Edition

Donkey Teeth:

This food has got to be spoiled by now:

Special thanks to members of the Dark and Light discord such as Libertus, Throren, and Kroy for notifying!

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited March 2017
    It sounds nice until you realize it's a survival sandbox using private servers of a few hundred players. I'm not sure how something originally designed as an MMORPG is going to work in such a small scale, temporary environment.
  • SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Leiloni said:
    It sounds nice until you realize it's a survival sandbox using private servers of a few hundred players. I'm not sure how something originally designed as an MMORPG is going to work in such a small scale, temporary environment.

Not 100% sure on that count but I don't even think it's worth tying it to it's original roots now. This version has been built from scratch since they announced it back in August, so we can only "hope" that it's going to work.

The faction system is going to cause problems for sure though, with the small servers we'll have. Which sucks (Servers will only have about 60-100 players on them for Early Access).
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I'd really rather see videos and what not. I find that the endless release of screenshots is not inspiring enough to get my attention. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    I'd really rather see videos and what not. I find that the endless release of screenshots is not inspiring enough to get my attention. 
    You're telling me, I've got folders upon folders of the stuff. Still strongly considering starting a virtual art gallery for this game.

I just hope the GDC coverage includes videos whenever that ends up dropping (soon™).

• mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I hate the fact that a good number of these screen shots have just been pulled off the game's main webpage... it's nothing new, they are re-releasing old ass screens and the News section of their website hasn't been updated in almost two months... Q1 2017 release? I don't think so... I couldn't even find a message board on their website - vaporware imo...
    mikeb0817 said:
    I hate the fact that a good number of these screen shots have just been pulled off the game's main webpage... it's nothing new, they are re-releasing old ass screens and the News section of their website hasn't been updated in almost two months... Q1 2017 release? I don't think so... I couldn't even find a message board on their website - vaporware imo...
    It was announced a couple weeks ago that it's been delayed till the Summer. But I'm not expecting it till sometime in 2018 to be honest. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Still think they will do well to get this out in 2018.