Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXI-2 wishlist?

If there were a new FFXI what features would you like to see in the game? I have a few ideas of my own.

-Chocobo breeding system as well as different colored: being able to make them faster etc.

-Change of setting: Would be cool of the game would like a little bit like FF7, you know, a more futuristic type but still a FF.

-Motorcycles: Okay I said a Chocobo breeding, it would be cool if you could get a chocobo at lvl 20 or so but being able to buy a bike at lvl 40 or so would be awesome. Bikes would be faster than any chocobo.

-New jobs: I would like to see jobs like gunner, gun mage, berserker and such added.

-Better quest system: being able to see which NPCs have quests and the rewards before you do the quest, also interesting quests no kill x of y. But I wouldn't like this game to be too quest driven ala WoW.

Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794

I'd have to say... Improve the map system. I still get kinda lost with it every once in a wile.

I'm still new to the game so I don't know what else I want added... Sage class maybe.

OH the buying equipment interface changed... All be it right now I can't buy the higher level armor right now... Cause I'm only level 8, but I'd like to see which is better and which is worse for the armor choice...

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• WeaponsmithWeaponsmith Member Posts: 5

Gun Mage and Gunner? Please, elaborate on how these would work. If you want to use a Gun, become a Corsair when they come out because it's already been stated that use guns. You could also become a Ranger.

Berserker - Warrior using the job ability "Berserk" and going /DRK for more attack and attack-enhancing abilities

Map System - The map system is fine. It is simply that, a map. It shows the area and where you currently are - more than a regular map does.

You can also buy equipment for any job at any level. You could be a Lv. 1 Monk and purchase Lv. 75 Samurai equipment. And a Lv. 8 you should have the Leather gear for the majority of melee, Sitabaki set for Far Eastern, and the Lv. 1 Robe set for any mage class.

The only thing that I would wish to see is a harder crack down on RMT. Maybe if they could find a way to monitor the gil intake and output of IDs. Like:

Character A makes 100 million on Day 1.
    Character A sends 95 million to Character B on Day 1.
    Character B sends 20M to Char. C, 15M to Char D., and 30M to Char. E on Day 2.

That's some suspicious shit right there.

- The Weaponsmith

Edit: A bike!?! Are you retarded!? Honestly, just think about that. Also, about your chocobo breeding idea, the only possible things I could possibly think of that you could "breed" would be:

Color
    Size
    Name (?)

You couldn't increase the speed because then that's all people would do - the point of the chocobo is to increase travel speed.

• Alexis598Alexis598 Member Posts: 111
    I'm stating ideas for a new FF MMORPG not asking how to use a damn gun in the game..

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Alexis598

-Change of setting: Would be cool of the game would like a little bit like FF7, you know, a more futuristic type but still a FF.
    Do you have any suggestions?

You're actually on to something several of us talked about from time to time as we played.  FFXI is very little like any of the beloved FF titles.  It would certain be a huge plus if they captured the feel of FF7 in a mmorpg like you stated.  ANY FF title for the most part would be a step in the right direction for a revamped FFXI-2 IMO.
  • cowboyupinblcowboyupinbl Member Posts: 32

Anyone who's played FF7 is familiar with how the breeding system could work:

yellow chocobo: rides as normal
    green chocobo: can travel over mountains (perhaps the hills and such that are in the middle of zones, and also up/down ravines, etc)
    blue chocobo: can cross rivers and small bodies of water
    black chocobo: can travel both water and mountains (black + blue abilities combined)
    gold chocobo: can go anywhere, including over the ocean (perhaps solely along ship routes, and could possibly fly to cover airship routes as well)

So, obviously a chocobo breeding system could find a very nice place in FFXI. It would give you something to work for an constantly pay attention to as you level up, constantly working towards that gold chocobo in the higher levels. Besides having nameable chocobos that wouldn't run away from you would be great (can anyone give any reasons on how this may detract from the game?).

And secondly, by "bikes" he means motorcycles ala Cloud in FF7. For the next online FF, I hope they do go in the direction of the futuristic games. There is so much to offer in that realm that MMOs as a whole haven't seen yet, and so much groundwork already set for them from the later FF games. Guild-owned airships anybody?

• destro3979destro3979 Member Posts: 470

I would like better PVP

a mini

more solo options

maby more jobs

• AelrazAelraz Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by Alexis598

-Chocobo breeding system as well as different colored: being able to make them faster etc.

SE are working on this one already. It will prob come in one of the updates following the new expansion.

• How bout a " FREE Trial " ..........lol  (the 1 reason why this company lost 15mil each year that its been out)
  • ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

A level-up system more like FFVII, FFX, or if going with subclasses again, go with a system like FFTactics, where the subclass levels up with the main class.

-Machiavelli

• Thunder-Thunder- Member Posts: 165
    i think that a faster combat would be good. im not saying make it WoW or anything. im just saying they should make it so that you can start fighting faster. i think the fighting just takes a bit to start up. i like it once it gets going.
  • SturmwindSturmwind Member Posts: 66

Stupidest ideas I have ever heard in my life.

This thread is now condemned.