Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SotA Free Trial

immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
Apparently a free trial is going on starting today (3rd) to the 9th.

Link

Comments

• WmxWmx Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Seems interesting. Is it worth a shot? It's been in development for ages now. And explain to me, why this game needs 12GB of RAM? That is strange. 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Wmx said:
    Seems interesting. Is it worth a shot? It's been in development for ages now. And explain to me, why this game needs 12GB of RAM? That is strange. 
    Not actually played it. Just kept my eye on it as it's Richard Garriott's project.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    It is a nice offer but i think i'll have to pass.

I like or i should say i don't mind a lot of ideas in this game but i feel could be done better.
    Not a fan of miniatures on main map to load in a zone,not the worst idea that would keep me away though.Actually not a fan of a world map at all.If FFXI could pull it off better and was made for PS2,this game can certainly do better.

Skill trainers are an old school idea but imo we should see both,a trainer to learn a special skill along with a possible quest series and YOU yourself raise normal skills via by using them.

The graphics have very obviously been kept to a minimum to help a poorly optimized game.Well lmao....that sort of didn't make sense because what they did IS a fdorm of optimizing,just a poor man's way of doing it.Think along the lines of TESO and the housing zone,everything looks the same color.It really makes a zone look boring and just bad,the zones need more color,more life.

15 years ago i would love to play this game but even then i am 100% certain i would play FFXI over this but at least it could be my go to second game similar to way i played EQ2 same time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This game is like an old shoe on the side of the road, I'm not touching it even if it is free.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited March 2017
    Nilden said:
    This game is like an old shoe on the side of the road, I'm not touching it even if it is free.
    Good call it's a disaster, even free it's not worth bothering with. I hope when people do try it they can see just how uttery awful it is and hammer them with their feedback on just how delusional these devs are with this crap. What a waste of 11 million dollars. It's gonna be funny listening to people gripe about the load times in between scene switching, the crappy graphics, crappy combat and all the other crap they just cant seem to do right.
  • Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Probably the shortest amount of time i have invested trying an MMO before going nar this is just too shitty. Runs poorly, so many bugs, graphics and the way everything feels/ moves is about 10 year too old and just just sub standard to be brutally honest. I try many mmos hyped or not and I just couldn't belive how crappy shroud was lol. 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    This game is so laborious to slog through it actually causes me physical pain just thinking about playing it again.  For me its like watching a really bad movie slowed down.

I know there are people playing it and enjoying it, they are a hearty bunch, hats off to them.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited March 2017
    Wmx said:

It's one of the biggest hunks of crap I have ever been a part of MMO-wise, but you might as well try it out and come to your own conclusions.  There are a few people who really dig it.  Whales and the like.

Never mind, I guess the trial is over.
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    edited March 2017
    Wmx said:

It's one of the biggest hunks of crap I have ever been a part of MMO-wise, but you might as well try it out and come to your own conclusions.  There are a few people who really dig it.  Whales and the like.

Never mind, I guess the trial is over.
    So you are telling me there is a chance.....

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Nilden said:

Well said..Well said.