Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible game/ 8.6 rating is fake > 3.8 would be appropriate

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,125
    I agree with the 3.8. For all the sandbox talk it sure felt like themepark garbage to me. Paypal actually gave me my money back when I put in a claim for Black Desert not being as advertised.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Hatefull said:
    Aori said:
    Hatefull said:
    While I did not have any performance issues in this game, I truly dislike the game. Combat, auto-run to everywhere, gender locked classes, it all amounted to a very unappealing time for me. I gave it a few days (around 40 hours) tried several toons and in the end just uninstalled. Just not for me.
    The combat complain I understand, that is a taste thing. Gender locking, sure I understand it too but I think it is silly.

Auto running I don't understand peoples complaints with it, you don't have to use it but it is there if you want it. Auto or even instant transit mechanics have been in MMOs since forever but for some reason this is an issue.

Either way sometimes games just don't click with people. I also think it helps not walking into it with a negative bias but hey that is just me.
    And no autorun has not been a thing forever it has only relatively recently been in games and I pretty much refuse to play a game that has it. Again, personal preference.

BDO's autorun mechanic has been around since at least Eve, which for the MMO genre is forever.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,719
    edited March 2017
    Oziius said:

Sometimes, you don't know something is garbage until you put it in your mouth. Only then can you spit it out. 
    That's what she said. Sorry, couldn't resist....

@OP Also, your opinion does not make a game bad. An opinion without any facts and just random bursts of emotion however does make your opinion void of any meaning or weight. Stop screaming and start talking, people might listen better then. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 7,581
    Paypal actually gave me my money back when I put in a claim for Black Desert not being as advertised.
    Dishonest people will always find a way to be dishonest.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 30,468
    edited March 2017
    Paypal actually gave me my money back when I put in a claim for Black Desert not being as advertised.
    I forget, was it AA you got the refund for shortly after launch? Something about not being like the alpha experience, right?
    Post edited by Kyleran on

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited March 2017
    Goromhir said:
    i just played this stuttering , horrible looking game with the worst GUI possible for 1 whole day and just had the best feeling about this game when i removed it from my computer :dizzy:

OMG! how can someone enjoy this ? truly ?

I played a Tamer girly child character which i truly hated because there was no male version of this class to level 20 just to see how the pets are. Once i had this black animal i removed the game from my computer....

Nothing in this game really works smooth. 

The whole time i was playing i had a bad feeling about the stupid overbright and salad like grafic engine...

run run run auto run.... from quest to quest.

The Camera doest have a Auto-behind function which forced me to correct it manually all the time while running....

Maybe Asians like this kind of game but i regret every second i wasted on this crap.

48GB downloaded for nothing but a horrible experience.......

(if there are some fanbois starting to bash me here,  please dont trust them if you havent played this game yet, they are fake like the 8.6 rating is)
    Well I dont agree, I dont play it anymore. Because of the way everything is to random. Everything I did played smoothly. The combat was fluid, its the only mmo with such a vivid alive world, that make you feel like the worlds alive, minus one ryzom, but that has bad graphics. The graphics are second 2 none. The animations are good, you climb on buildings like in dying light which no mmo does. 

I am far from a fan boy, I hate the game, due to the cash shop and economy.  All those problems you state arent problems lol. The camera is fine you just dont know how to use it. The quests you dont have to auto run if you dont want to. There is no mmo that isnt run run run to quests, so I dono what your smoking. 

Ill give you that part about asians, vs americans. Americans are the epicenter of stupid. So yeah, if the game requires you to do something other than ball slap the keyboard, than yep it wont be popular here. I mean Americans cant even operate a washing machine with out a lid lock cause were so stupid as a people we might stick our arms in it and get it ripped off.

Hense also why a game like stellaris, is 100 times more popular than distant worlds, and both are not even close to the popularity of say farm ville. 

So yeah BDO, is not for the hand held. It requires you to plan everything out. Also that is why ryzom only has 1000 people or so playing it, because it makes BDO look like monopoly JR.

Some games I think you would like more are ESO, WOW, and some others like that, where literally you cant fail at all ever. 
    Post edited by hatefulpeace on
    edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    I forget, was it AA you got the refund for shortly after launch? Something about not being like the alpha experience, right?
    Because it was actually true. In beta I got a garden and even a house. That was impossible after launch despite the game relying quite heavily on it, unless you had no life, because of the limited supply. Big "no life" guilds hogged all the plots. All properties were rushed by those playing 24/7 the first days. Many warned them during beta about that potential issue but they didn't listen, and of course what had to happen happened. It's the only MMO ever for which I asked for a refund, and I didn't go through paypal either but got it directly from the game company.

There's nothing like that in BDO, which I've also been playing since beta, and there was no lie by the developers about what the game would be either. The game is exactly what has been told in the numerous articles, reviews and developers letters before release, and the beta experience exactly the same than the release experience. And what happened in AA is impossible in BDO, because they designed their property/crafting system with MMO in mind.
    Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 8700k (4.70ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,039
    edited March 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Every single time i went  to do something i was like WTF !!!
    That is how retarded their ideas are behind this game.
    The combat was like WTF
    The questing as like WTF ,why is this devil smoke vanishing and appearing out of thin air,makes zero sense.Like some entity would think "oh hey ,i know what my goal in existence should b,handing out quests ...lmao  WTF !!!
    Auto travel  WTF

auto fishing  WTF

Ranger no ammo loading,no ammo period,just magically has infinite ammo  lmao WTF

Combos...spin o ramma's,back flips side to side dodging...WTF

Seriously,the people that designed it must have been smoking some serious Ganja.

So i though,hey maybe i can get my money back :D...Their stance "no because you took the virtual reward" WTF !!

How can i take something virtual,i NEVER own it,they don't mail it to me or send via courier,it is just a virtual item that never costs them a single dime to give me.

Oh and the well the node system,all kinds of lines flying through the sky WTF !! talk about a dev team that knows how to ruin immersion 100% of the time, way better than they know how to create a good plausible game.
    That's because you have wrong expectations. You literally make a decision that "this" is how things should be and then show up expecting that the game is congruent to how you think.

"The combat was like WTF"

You either like it or hate it and of course this is personal choice

"auto fishing  WTF"

Actual live fishing yields you better results. This is just a way to keep the world feeling populated and allow players to work a little on making money.  But if you want to actually make "money" then you wouldn't auto fish.

"Auto travel  WTF"

Not sure why this is an issue, it's nice to put my character on auto travel and then actually enjoy the scenery without giving myself carpal tunnel. Especially in a game where there is no fast travel for the most part and you would constantly have to have your hand on the controls.

"Ranger no ammo loading,no ammo period,"

While I would agree with you it seems that many modern games are going this route. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have any ammo either. Of course, you would have to ask yourself if carrying 1,000 arrows is actually "realistic" if you are asking for a game to always be realistic. I would be fine with carrying a "realistic" amount of arrows but I suspect a lot of people would find that tedious.  Looking it up it seems a quiver can hold from 3 to 24. Not going to be much of an Archer in a fantasy game with that. But maybe that's better for a more "realistic" game. How many arrows does Mount and Blade allow?

"Combos...spin o ramma's,back flips side to side dodging..."

Because it's "that type of game". Many Asian games incorporate over the top combat. You might not like it but "it's a style" and while it's not for everyone, "over the top" combat has been around a looooooong time. In movies, in games.

"Oh and the well the node system,all kinds of lines flying through the sky WTF"

Not sure what you are talking about, there are no lines in the sky. You must not have turned an option off.

Post edited by Sovrath on

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 294
    For Me it was the worst MMO I ever paid for. There was nothing I liked including the graphics. Lesson learned, don't go by reviews
    Kyleran said:
    Because it was actually true. In beta I got a garden and even a house. That was impossible after launch despite the game relying quite heavily on it, unless you had no life, because of the limited supply. Big "no life" guilds hogged all the plots. All properties were rushed by those playing 24/7 the first days. Many warned them during beta about that potential issue but they didn't listen, and of course what had to happen happened. It's the only MMO ever for which I asked for a refund, and I didn't go through paypal either but got it directly from the game company.

There's nothing like that in BDO, which I've also been playing since beta, and there was no lie by the developers about what the game would be either. The game is exactly what has been told in the numerous articles, reviews and developers letters before release, and the beta experience exactly the same than the release experience. And what happened in AA is impossible in BDO, because they designed their property/crafting system with MMO in mind.
    I understand your reasons, as you may recall there was also rampant hacking at launch including one which permitted players to grab up land even if they weren't standing at the plot to buy it. I should have asked for a refund for that reason alone but I didn't think to.

But back to your reasons, it was impossible to get land and a house.  First, the Devs did not promise everyone would get one. Also, as you said, everyone knew there was going to be shortage, and again, the Devs made no promises to resolve.

While people did grab up all of the land, this permitted them to use it as a recruiting tool, join us if you wish to prosper. They could also sell it for big profit, which many did and even scam people in the sale if players weren't careful.

In fact, as an EVE player I viewed all of those mechanics as part of competitive PVP gameplay, not any great deficiency or "lie" by the developers.

So im my view you asked for a refund because you didn't get what you wanted at the start, not because they lied to you.

Now I'm not sure what "lie" the guy you replied to here drove him to ask for a refund, maybe like you he expected a certain game play experience and it didn't deliver.

But probably best to not jump right in and assume he's being "dishonest."

We all have our reasons sometimes.

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, back in EVE until then

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 9,762
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

I understand your reasons, as you may recall there was also rampant hacking at launch including one which permitted players to grab up land even if they weren't standing at the plot to buy it. I should have asked for a refund for that reason alone but I didn't think to.

But back to your reasons, it was impossible to get land and a house.  First, the Devs did not promise everyone would get one. Also, as you said, everyone knew there was going to be shortage, and again, the Devs made no promises to resolve.

While people did grab up all of the land, this permitted them to use it as a recruiting tool, join us if you wish to prosper. They could also sell it for big profit, which many did and even scam people in the sale if players weren't careful.

In fact, as an EVE player I viewed all of those mechanics as part of competitive PVP gameplay, not any great deficiency or "lie" by the developers.

So im my view you asked for a refund because you didn't get what you wanted at the start, not because they lied to you.

Now I'm not sure what "lie" the guy you replied to here drove him to ask for a refund, maybe like you he expected a certain game play experience and it didn't deliver.

But probably best to not jump right in and assume he's being "dishonest."

We all have our reasons sometimes.
    Whether someone likes or dislikes a game is a matter of personal preferences, but when you make up reasons for something being bad, because you didn't like it, that is somewhat dishonest irrespective of personal preferences.
    It would have been far more honest if the OP had just said they disliked the game, though its hard to take them seriously if the issues they complain about are ones that are entirely personal and not repeatable.

I've been playing BDO for a long time, and the game does have some issues, however they are not related to the games graphics, animations or the combat, i am not really happy with the gender locking, but its not a game breaker, just annoying, i am more concerned about the marketplace and why i have to buy the cheapest items, and if the cheapest items are bid only, why i can't just buy the more expensive items in the 'queue' it makes the marketplace an annoyingly cumbersome place to actually buy anything, and failure to buy is a huge problem for high demand items
    I recently quit the EU servers, i am in the UK, and honestly moving to the NA servers was a no brainer, and as someone who only understands English, perhaps inevitable, Kakau helped in this move with access to double xp servers and some freebies, which as RNG rarely does, gave me some jewelry that i traded in and had enough to buy a level 0 kzarka weapon with, and being level 40 (by this time!) and having kzarka is huge, so now i am level 56 have a duo kzarka staff and pri zereth armour, the last two weeks have been a roller coaster of action, fun, and i even killed a few people, and died quite a bit too. B)
    I have an AMD 9590, msi gtx980ti gaming edition, 16gb of DDR3, and no SSD, which considering the rest of my PC was a dumb move, and one i will rectify eventually, i have a 4k monitor, and the game runs very well at 2560x1440, though not at 60 fps, most of the time only 40-50 fps, but its not juddery, its smooth and the game is a real pleasure to look at as the scenery is amazing.
    The OP's experiences, assuming they were real, are completely at odds to those i have had myself, and while that does not mean they did not happen, it does make it difficult to believe, particularly as they claim to have a powerful PC, indeed, as some have already pointed out in previous arguments, the likely fault would be an underpowered machine that might run WoW with relative ease, but not meet minimum requirements for BDO. :o
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    If you don't like something then just call it fake news.  Seems to be working nowadays along with alternative facts.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 9,762
    filmoret said:
    If you don't like something then just call it fake news.  Seems to be working nowadays along with alternative facts.
    Indeed, it seems to be a prevalent trend these days, fake news is people inventing 'facts' about something they don't like.
    Kyleran said:
    Except the game experience during beta in BDO was exactly the same that after release. In AA, it was not.
    And we both know what betas are nowadays, right? ;)

• MMO-RogueMMO-Rogue Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I played AA for nearly a year, I had to struggle to force myself to play out a month in BDO.

It has the worst aspect of AA and found new things to get wrong.

Korean P2W RNG is stupid, this is not an American vs Asian taste, preference, blah, blah, blah. It is stupid and even worse in BDO than AA. I will never again play a Korean RNG pricing model game again. (Fortunately my frustration lead me to quit not pay, for far too many the frustration leads people to spend - now that is a great business model piss people off to make them spend money rather than pleasing them into it.)

The crafting is interesting and goodish, and probably could even be great with some work. However, the market is horrible and ruins any enjoyment of crafting. Of all the good and bad ways I could have previously thought of to implement an MMO game market, I would never have thought of one so bad as BDO. Bracketed pricing that destroys value and incentive - it is like they chose communism over capitalism - supply and demand be damned.

Sandbox has become so mis- and overused - trying to call this a sandbox is ludicrous. Sandbox is not just about a seamless map. It is about overall flexibility in game play. BDO game play is restrictive and rigid - character creation, class leveling, skill selection and gear selection, ... all are the opposite of a sandbox design.

I think questioning the veracity of the rating is valid. If it is valid, it may explain why the more hyped and "popular" a game is in recent year the more disappointing the experience is for me.

Kyleran said:
    Except the game experience during beta in BDO was exactly the same that after release. In AA, it was not.
    And we both know what betas are nowadays, right? ;)
    True. It was actually at "Alpha" launch I joined and due to controlled population ($150 entry fee) it was a very pleasant experience.

But good land (near coastsl was in short supply even then, and the players clearly could see the pending problems once the floodgates opened.

When the game went into beta, the land rush issue immediately became very real and I found it far less fun.

I hung back on the alpha server hanging on to hopes of rumors they might keep the alpha server up only for those who paid the premium.

When that didnt happen and the launch became a worse nightmare than most imagined I walked away from it.

edited March 2017
    MMO-Rogue said:
    I played AA for nearly a year, I had to struggle to force myself to play out a month in BDO.

It has the worst aspect of AA and found new things to get wrong.

Korean P2W RNG is stupid, this is not an American vs Asian taste, preference, blah, blah, blah. It is stupid

Except it does seem to be a Western vs Asian taste preference. You not liking it is fine but apparently people do. Also I don't really see the "p2w rng" part. If anything, and if someone wanted to "pay to win" they would buy outfits, put them on the market and over a month or two (probably two) be able to buy items that are already enchanted to the higher levels.

No "rng" involved for the buyer.

Post edited by Sovrath on

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 442
    About the 10 LOL´s on my OP. I feel sorry for you people :D 
    To like and even defend such a bad trashy game does not put you guys into shining light position
    Did you even try another game but Black Desert ever ?
    I cant explain how people can fight and defend this game.
    Maybe some are employee´s of the game company...
    i dont know..
  • laseritlaserit Member EpicPosts: 5,590
    edited March 2017
    Goromhir said:
    To like and even defend such a bad trashy game does not put you guys into shining light position
    i dont know..
    Played many OP

Like Suzie I don't care much for the combat, but some love it. IMHO the world design is second to none, I spent many hours just exploring and taking in the sights and very much enjoyed that aspect.

Different strokes for different folks.

That seems very difficult for you to contemplate therefor my lol
    Post edited by laserit on

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Goromhir said:

i dont know..
    Well, that would require you to make an effort wouldn't it? I mean, if people are playing the game and enjoying it, even though it has flaws (is there a game that doesn't?) then obviously there's something to like.

Maybe it's up to you to stretch yourself a little and put yourself in other people's shoes.

Sadly, many people can't do that.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,474
    Goromhir said:
    i dont know..
    Well earned LOLs, good sir.

Here, have another one. :pleased:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Goromhir said:
    i dont know..
    Well earned LOLs, good sir.

Here, have another one. :pleased:
    Aw, what the heck, might as well pile on. B)

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,459
    That was dumb complaining about the LOLs here another one. You might make rare.

edited March 2017
    Goromhir said:
    i dont know..
    I most likely played more MMOs than you did... but I only give LOLs to people I really find funny. You, sadly, are not.
    Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 7,609
    Phry said:
    filmoret said:
    Indeed, it seems to be a prevalent trend these days, fake news is people inventing 'facts' about something they don't like.
    Someone was talking about how what's done on the internet is making it's way into real life.  It's one thing to do or say something on the internet but another to do it in real life.  The lines get blurred as people are raised with more time spent on the net.  

It used to be just TV and movies with life imitating art.  Our brains constantly seek information to use as reference for situations encountered.  They become a script for what to do or how to think in certain situations.  

Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

“We see the world, not as it is, but as we are or, as we are conditioned to see it.”   ― Stephen R. Covey