Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playthrough #2 - The Grind to Level 40 Continued - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePlaythrough #2 - The Grind to Level 40 Continued - Revelation Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Revelation Online is an ambitious and breathtaking new MMO in which players will discover an amazing adventure and explore a vibrant world of ancient mystery using the power of flight without any boundaries. Ripper continues his quest to level 40 and has surprisingly been enjoying the game even though it's been a grind.

Read the full story here

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    this game is a joke.
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Unfortunately I had to request a full refund after logging in and finding out there is no invert mouse option. I bought the highest package too and was ready to support them...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited March 2017
    Decent summary video, though should not be calling it a beta, just typical marketing weasel words used by F2P titles over the years.

No more wipes, collecting revenue from cash shop, its launched. Early access is the new version of this old gag to release games light on content.

While Ripper actually said the "grind" hasn't been bad, to put the term in perspective I just hit level 49 (1 to go) last evening on my first character on the DAOC freeshard.

Started in January and have a little over 20 days played so far. (includes crafting Tailoring to Legendary Grand Master) Definitely a more old school feel for sure.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    The game that made me leve MMOs forever

• shimochanshimochan Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Only my opinion, but to me the bad (mostly missing?) voice acting and translation really turned me away.
    This whole thing about questing through a looong storyline would be more enjoyable if i could just make some/any sense of it all.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice video
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    exile01 said:
    this game is a joke.
    I thought so too, but then i logged in cause some mates were playing, and i got dragged along. Its not quite as awful I thought. 

Its hilariously bad in some aspects. It actually has a really detailed story (Yeah, i was shocked too), and all sorts of long detailed side stories.

Unfortunately, yeah, it buried under an avalanche of annoying, gimmicky, eastern mmo bullshit. When i turned all that off and just followed the story i got rather engossed. But the game still bombards you with all sorts of shite constantly. Was too much for me in the end.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am enjoying it. Just hate having to turn off chat channels because of gold spam.

Will keep playing but not spending a dime until I see some effort in getting rid of the gold spam.

• MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I quite like it. Dinged LvL 61 an hour ago. The leveling is getting a little slow but I can't see a real grind. With a group you will finish you (XP) dailies in about an hour or so. You CAN spend hours in the game but you dont have to.

Goldspammers, missing translation and missing features (Fishing contest, fairy funland, adventure guild ... ) are my primary concerns.

I dont understand why they use the version 1 form china and not at least version 2. V2 is way more userfriendly and has a lot of good comfort functions. For that they have to redo a lot of their work for V1.

The current game is only a light version and the (hopefully soon) coming updates will fill that up a lot.

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    So Ripper, did you ever get to 40 and did the PVP experience turn out as you had hoped?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    gold spammers killed my attempt at liking this game, yes I turned off chat which sucks that I have to do it. They invaded other channels. This should not be my problem to deal with, it isnt in other games.