Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice graphics. Where?

1235»

Comments

  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,234
    barasawa said:
    I don't think a screenshot will do it, he says the graphics issues are when he's moving. That would take a video clip. Don't forget that different peoples eyes are a bit sensitive to different things for various reasons, so what may look good to you, doesn't look good to someone else.  

    I find it both funny and sad at how many people jumped up to defend a game they like when someone says they didn't like it for some reason. Not because they defended what they liked, but that so many of them showed themselves to be rather shallow and petty by simply attacking the original poster rather than discussing what he didn't like, or just keeping their mouths shut and pretend they are polite. Yes, I'm scolding you like the small children you are acting like. Especially when, like some people that are trying to help him resolve his issue, a bit of help might just turn him into a fan of the game, rather than someone with proof that there are a lot of jerks around.  Stop with the personal attacks and act like real gamers. 

    To the rest of you, sorry for the rant, but I feel it had to be said.  Thanks
    You should go back and read the op again.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,040
    Phry said:
    free2play said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Rather than bicker I'll just let people make up their own mind.


     
    You need a new PC.



    I do not have the game maxed and mine looks much better. 


    No, no I don't. I'm not in a competition. Feel free to continue throwing money at that losing battle if you need to but don't assume I'm inclined.
    Well, if you don't want to upgrade your PC, you just have to accept that the gaming experience you have, will be considerably lower than everyone elses, the fault is not in the game, nor in everyone else, but in your own expectations. :o
    Sure, except I've done nothing but defend the game and haven't voiced any complaint what so ever about it?
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    edited February 2017
    A friend I have high regards for, suggested me this game, so I bought it and installed it, played it a bit, messed with the filter settings.

    Now my friend and I have agreed, that when ever he likes how a games looks, I will know not to get that one.
    Evar!
    The graphics, the coloring, the art, design of landscapes, nothing match together, its like a frontal paint or peberspray attack on the eyes. It worries me somewhat that so many people like it.

    But different people different strokes I guess.
    If they came straight from EQ1 I can maybe understand it, I mean its better than EQ1 graphics, but not by a lot. :o

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    free2play said:
    Phry said:
    free2play said:
    Recore said:
    free2play said:
    Rather than bicker I'll just let people make up their own mind.


     
    You need a new PC.



    I do not have the game maxed and mine looks much better. 


    No, no I don't. I'm not in a competition. Feel free to continue throwing money at that losing battle if you need to but don't assume I'm inclined.
    Well, if you don't want to upgrade your PC, you just have to accept that the gaming experience you have, will be considerably lower than everyone elses, the fault is not in the game, nor in everyone else, but in your own expectations. :o
    Sure, except I've done nothing but defend the game and haven't voiced any complaint what so ever about it?
    If you are happy enough with how the game is for you, then thats fine. But your experience is not atypical and most do enjoy better graphics generally, its worth also pointing out that even in PVE framerate is an issue, and if your PC can't generate a half decent framerate then combat is going to feel, and no doubt look, clunky and awkward, i wouldn't attempt the PVP in BDO on a PC that was below minimum spec, point of example, i have a gtx 980ti, my system can run the game quite happily at 2560x1440 and give 40-50 fps or 20-30 fps in places like Calpheon, but if i want to do anything PVP, which isn't very often, or do Kzarka, which is as often as i can, then i have to drop to 1920x1080 just to keep the framerate as close to 60 as possible, which with Kzarka, it isn't but every little helps. When i am trading however, i use 2560x1440, because the game looks awesome, and travelling from Calpheon to Shakatu, you get a real mix of sceneries which imo are well worth paying attention to. :o
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,234
    TENTING said:
    A friend I have high regards for, suggested me this game, so I bought it and installed it, played it a bit, messed with the filter settings.

    Now my friend and I have agreed, that when ever he likes how a games looks, I will know not to get that one.
    Evar!
    The graphics, the coloring, the art, design of landscapes, nothing match together, its like a frontal paint or peberspray attack on the eyes. It worries me somewhat that so many people like it.

    But different people different strokes I guess.
    If they came straight from EQ1 I can maybe understand it, I mean its better than EQ1 graphics, but not by a lot. :o

    Go home you're drunk.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Distopia said:
    Scorchien said:
    It really boils down to personal taste doesnt it .... I didnt like BDO graphics , cant quite put my finger on it , but there was something just unsettling ... I think ESO and FF14 are more appealing ... for my tastes
    For art style yes, graphics not so much, graphics is a matter of the visual tools and effects applied. Few if any right now match the technical abilities of BDO. The shaders, lighting, shadowing, etc.. are all top notch. Not to mention weather effects/fog etc...

    You just need the Hardware to run it.
    Not even hardware is a real issue with BDO. My PC (specs below) runs the game just fine on almost high settings. I could run on highest, but then world bosses are a lag-fest. Tuning it down a bit (SSO disabled and lowering only 2 or 3 other settings) worked out pretty well for me.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,284
    TENTING said:

    The graphics, the coloring, the art, design of landscapes, nothing match together, its like a frontal paint or peberspray attack on the eyes. It worries me somewhat that so many people like it.



    You can completely take the color out of the game, desaturate, etc. two types of black and white, you can make it Sepia.


    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • odinthor021odinthor021 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Geez bad graphics? Bad combat animations? The fluid movements of the Maewa and Dark Knight are awesome. The Witch and Sorceress attacks are simply stunning.The attack strings and combat are outstanding , maybe it's just my musheen fooling me? And I'm saying this and I seem to be getting DC'd on a regular basis since the last patch. Someone needs to clean their glasses.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,029
    Aori said:
    TENTING said:
    A friend I have high regards for, suggested me this game, so I bought it and installed it, played it a bit, messed with the filter settings.

    Now my friend and I have agreed, that when ever he likes how a games looks, I will know not to get that one.
    Evar!
    The graphics, the coloring, the art, design of landscapes, nothing match together, its like a frontal paint or peberspray attack on the eyes. It worries me somewhat that so many people like it.

    But different people different strokes I guess.
    If they came straight from EQ1 I can maybe understand it, I mean its better than EQ1 graphics, but not by a lot. :o

    Go home you're drunk.
    I was thinking bath salts or LSD.  But maybe you're right.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    edited March 2017
    odinthor021 said:
    Geez bad graphics? Bad combat animations? The fluid movements of the Maewa and Dark Knight are awesome. The Witch and Sorceress attacks are simply stunning.The attack strings and combat are outstanding , maybe it's just my musheen fooling me? And I'm saying this and I seem to be getting DC'd on a regular basis since the last patch. Someone needs to clean their glasses.

    Oh yes.  Attach a rubber band to the target, pull taught, then happily bounce around all over the shop.
    I would not class this as animation, more acquainted with bouncing around in a assortment of flashing lights.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Thought I would give Geforce experience a chance to sort this out, so I set it to optimal and BOOM!...........It's still looks like s***.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Crosswire said:
    Thought I would give Geforce experience a chance to sort this out, so I set it to optimal and BOOM!...........It's still looks like s***.

    now THAT was funny!
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Geez bad graphics? Bad combat animations? The fluid movements of the Maewa and Dark Knight are awesome. The Witch and Sorceress attacks are simply stunning.The attack strings and combat are outstanding , maybe it's just my musheen fooling me? And I'm saying this and I seem to be getting DC'd on a regular basis since the last patch. Someone needs to clean their glasses.
    Maybe they have the settings messed up, or maybe they are trolling. I know when I first started the game, I thought the graphics looked bad, because I didnt know about the settting, that will downscale resolution. I recently got a 4k tv, and I downloaded it to check out 4k. It def doesn't look bad. There aren't many games that can compare to this, even single player ones. 

    I equal 4k BDO, to skyrim modded as far as graphics go. The only real difference is that they made the pop in distance worse in BDO, because there are a crap ton of things that are around you. 

Sign In or Register to comment.