Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game the usual Asian stuff?

13»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Asian MMOs have their annoying tropes but its hilarious to see people complain about things that are staples in video games in general, like it's some isolated annoyance unto Asian MMOs. 

"OMG PARTICLE EFFECTS, AOE ATTACKS AND GRUNTING! DAMN ASIANS!"

Red trucker hat mob stuff right there. Go play grey ass Life is Feudal if you're prone to seizures fam.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BloodastralBloodastral Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Good looking game. Fun combat, but no real content. Needs a ton of endgame, maybe fellowship dungeons. No real need to play the game, except log in, as the game gives away decent gear just for being online. I think this says a lot...
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2017
    Aori said:
    ...World of Warcraft has a large variety of slutmogs and oversized weapons, large enough that many weapons clip into the ground.
    In that case it will be easy for you to provide a screenshot of WoW  "bikini armored pigtailed gnomes with blades twice their size "...
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Kyleran said:
    jimmywolf said:
    the game has a steep learning curve an if you have a short attention span or need to be told what to do it not worth your time but if you don't mind their lot to do in game an it a lot of fun overall. you can try it for free or pay $10 to own it, which is more then a fair price for what it offers.
    This comment is only made by people who have never played a MMO more complex than WOW and have no real concept of what a steep learning curve really is.
    That is definitely not true. It takes over 50 hours to figure out everything in this game, that is a steep learning curve. I know you think eve online is hard, which is what your referring to but, even that game isnt that steep of a learning curve. They are close to the same, you can figure most of eve out in 50 hours. You cant get good in either of those games within 500 hours. 

BDO def would be considered a hard game, right up there with eve online, ryzom, uncharted waters online, and Star wars galaxies. 

It is not in the group of games like SWTOR, WOW, ESO, or that kind of game. So to call the person that put that stupid, telling them they have no concept of anything, and trying to make fun of them for only playing wow is a bunch of straight up garbage. 
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Image result for world of warcraft weapons

Shall I go on ?

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Aori said:
    Gdemami said:
    Aori said:
    How is it a typical asian game? If this was made by a western studio no one would say a word about it and would probably do better just on that fact alone.
    Asian art, combat, heavy rng crafting, mob grinding and overall focus on grind, lower quality compared to west titles, etc.
    Well I don't view the art as particularly Asian. Also there is no RNG in crafting. Enhancements on the other hand is definitely more a Korean thing. As for the combat, I guess if action combat = asian thats true? Mob grinding has been a thing in all MMOs, heavy grinds in general exists in some form or fashion in all MMOs.

BDO stands up to western titles in terms of quality. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise. Also the implication that Asian titles are of lower quality than Western is just blind prejudice. 
    I have to agree.  I never understand the notion that if it's from Asia it's cheap.  I think some westerners (especially my fellow Americans) forget there is more than just China in Asia.  It's a big fucking continent and has many different cultures and flavors.  To sum it all up as "typical Asian" seems really insincere or plain ignorant.  

Also, of course there is going to be Eastern themes in an Asian mmo.  I can't believe people still don't get this.  What are they expecting Asian mmos to be full of cheeseburgers and type 2 diabetes like America?
    Not everything from China is cheap either, I got a doll for 1000 bucks that is high quality. In fact, most of the stuff made in the USA is pure garbage. You get what you pay for. 

Haha you mean shotguns, fat slobs, and stupid people. Americans though if you were gonna say American game like they are saying Asian games. Would = mindless ball slap the keyboard, and never lose anything. Americans like games, and movies that require 0 thought. 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited March 2017
    Aori said:
    Gdemami said:
    Aori said:
    How is it a typical asian game? If this was made by a western studio no one would say a word about it and would probably do better just on that fact alone.
    Asian art, combat, heavy rng crafting, mob grinding and overall focus on grind, lower quality compared to west titles, etc.
    Well I don't view the art as particularly Asian. Also there is no RNG in crafting. Enhancements on the other hand is definitely more a Korean thing. As for the combat, I guess if action combat = asian thats true? Mob grinding has been a thing in all MMOs, heavy grinds in general exists in some form or fashion in all MMOs.

BDO stands up to western titles in terms of quality. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise. Also the implication that Asian titles are of lower quality than Western is just blind prejudice. 
    I have to agree.  I never understand the notion that if it's from Asia it's cheap.  I think some westerners (especially my fellow Americans) forget there is more than just China in Asia.  It's a big fucking continent and has many different cultures and flavors.  To sum it all up as "typical Asian" seems really insincere or plain ignorant.  

Also, of course there is going to be Eastern themes in an Asian mmo.  I can't believe people still don't get this.  What are they expecting Asian mmos to be full of cheeseburgers and type 2 diabetes like America?
    Not everything from China is cheap either, I got a doll for 1000 bucks that is high quality. In fact, most of the stuff made in the USA is pure garbage. You get what you pay for. 

Haha you mean shotguns, fat slobs, and stupid people. Americans though if you were gonna say American game like they are saying Asian games. Would = mindless ball slap the keyboard, and never lose anything. Americans like games, and movies that require 0 thought. 
    So you basically did the exact same thing as "typical Asian".  But just made it "typical American".  You are just as bad as those that say the former.  BTW, generalizing all Americans in that way is pretty ridiculous.  America is one of the most diverse countries in the world.  They don't call it a melting pot for nothing.  Also, only about 30% voted for Cheeto Jesus. 

Lastly, I didn't say everything from China is cheap.  China is a very amazing country and culture.  But they do produce a lot of cheap crap so those that are ignorant believe that's all they make.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Gdemami said:
    It's not PC lol. 
    Are you sure you understand what political correctness is....?

I am not defensive at all, just making a point about PC.
    Not everything is just "PC".  Sometimes you get called out for being a dumbass and/or Asshole for saying dumb shit.  That's not PC, it's just stating the obvious.
  • heromalheromal Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Gdemami said:
    Aori said:
    This. RNG involved in each and every one of the game's systems.