Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next AAA MMO

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    May 5th.... Darkfall Rise of Agon!! : D

Its going to be epic mang... don't miss out! My clan has been logging in every day discussing our plans for launch... we are very stoked. My new GF just downloaded the game yesterday too, and many people returning.

They have made so many new changes it feels like a much better game than ever! May as well call it a different game completely than the one released 2009 or whatever..

yay!!!

Its very polished now.. I consider it AAA

Sorry dude but that looks horrible. 2009? Looks more like 2002.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Amazon's New World. At least Amazon is fresh blood, so chances there is it won't be more of the same, the description seems interesting enough.

But that one seems far off attm. We'll see.
    Interesting tacit admission there. A game being developed from scratch by Amazon is going to release before SC. You heard it first from @MaxBacon.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017
    Interesting tacit admission there. A game being developed from scratch by Amazon is going to release before SC. You heard it first from MaxBacon.
    When I said "that one" was more of an English derp, I meant this game. xD

It feels it was just announced and is starting development, there's 0 about the game side of a brief description. I wouldn't bet on anything.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Pokemon Go : The Sequel!
    MaxBacon said:
    Interesting tacit admission there. A game being developed from scratch by Amazon is going to release before SC. You heard it first from MaxBacon.
    When I said "that one" was more of an English derp, I meant this game. xD

It feels it was just announced and is starting development, there's 0 about the game side of a brief description. I wouldn't bet on anything.
    So you 'wouldn't bet on anything'. I guess that means you also wouldn't bet on SC ever releasing?
    edited March 2017
    So you 'wouldn't bet on anything'. I guess that means you also wouldn't bet on SC ever releasing?
    Huh? Where did I say that? I wasn't talking anything about SC on my post and somehow you managed to place it there. xD

I wouldn't bet on whatever because the MMO Amazon is developing when it comes to When, all we have is a brief description of it. Absolutely no idea if it is in dev for a while or just started.
    MaxBacvon said:
    Huh? Where did I say that? I wasn't talking anything about SC on my post and somehow you managed to place it there. xD

I wouldn't bet on whatever because the MMO Amazon is developing when it comes to When, all we have is a brief description of it. Absolutely no idea if it is in dev for a while or just started.
    Just quoting you and using normal English syntax to interpret that. Make a general statement without qualification and get a standard interpretation.

So do you still think that Amazon's New World will release before SC, despite not knowing if the Amazon game is in development?

Or are you walking that back too?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    MaxBacvon said:

Just quoting you and using normal English syntax to interpret that. Make a general statement without qualification and get a standard interpretation.

So do you still think that Amazon's New World will release before SC, despite not knowing if the Amazon game is in development?

WTF...
    edited March 2017

I... I... Wh... yes?... no?...

How did you even... 

WTF...
    Whelp!
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    time007 said:
    When's the next AAA MMO due out?  (i.e. rumors of month/quarter if possible)

*EDIT:  AAA can mean something you like that is decent quality and looks good to you visually.  Not being strict with the AAA definition here hehe :)
    Bless is already available in Korea and Russia.
    Age of Wushu 2 and Twilight Spirits are in beta in China currently.
    Lost Ark is rumored to go into beta in Korea once again in July.
    Also there are games like Lineage Eternal, New World, and what is rumored to be the sequel to Aion, all of which are still in development.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Viper482 said:

Its going to be epic mang... don't miss out! My clan has been logging in every day discussing our plans for launch... we are very stoked. My new GF just downloaded the game yesterday too, and many people returning.

They have made so many new changes it feels like a much better game than ever! May as well call it a different game completely than the one released 2009 or whatever..

yay!!!

I watched it too.  And the funny thing is, I saw something completely different.   I saw the game that all the hardcores around here have been asking for for years.

Open world PvP.  
    Skill based combat with no targeting.
    Crafting and player based economy.
    Seamless non instanced world.
    Ship and city building.
    Housing.
    And lets not forget.... full loot!

That's just what I saw at first glance.   As for the 2004 graphics, yea I saw them too, but that's the price you pay to get all of the above.   Sure Black Desert graphics would be an improvement, but how much would that affect gameplay??  Not much IMO.

I have said it before, and the video even says it.  This is what gamers have asked for.  It's not perfect but unless people support these efforts despite the flaws, then how many more times will we even see it attempted?

I think the biggest mistake here, was to put the Darkfall name on it.   Too many negative connotations from that.    Anyway if Kyleran is having a hoot playing old school DAoC, I fail to see why a good chunk of the sandbox crowd could not not find something to like here.

Are there so many sandbox games out there that we can afford to just casually dismiss them?  And I think this is AAA for this type of game, because really, what are the choices?  

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

MaxBacon said:

I... I... Wh... yes?... no?...

How did you even... 

WTF...
    Whelp!
    So based on that and the order of my questions.

Yes, you think Amazon's New World will release before SC.

and

No, you are not walking that back.

Nice to know the opinion of such a SC stalwart.
    edited March 2017
    So based on that and the order of my questions.

Yes, you think Amazon's New World will release before SC.

and

No, you are not walking that back.

Nice to know the opinion of such a SC stalwart.
    I don't, I don't know. I posted one AAA MMO I'm following, I didn't pay attention to it being the Next release, just one of the upcoming ones.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    The upcoming AAA MMORPGs I'm aware of:
    - New World by Amazon Game Studios
    - Project A2 by NCsoft
    - Project W / project EXA by Kakao Games and Bluehole Studios
    OMG how could I forget about Project A2! I'm a terrible Aion fan. :\
    edited March 2017
    When you talk about what's the next AAA MMO to release...

Wouldn't the safest bet by Albion Online?

Then Revelation Online?

Side of that... Peria Chronicles, this one behind Nexon (still to enter beta):

• EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I saw the game that all the hardcores around here have been asking for for years.
    That's exactly why it is bad.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2017
    Those mentioned are not triple A,NONE of these games,not even my favorite mmopg is not even a triple A game

Sadly the genre stopped evolving,now it is all gimmick,like "We have raiding"  "We have flying"  "WE don't use trinity". "we sell instant level 100 players"  " we have full loot".
    Problem is NONE of these games offer all the BASIC ideas that a role playing game should have.

Instead every game uses levels and that is one idea the genre does NOT need to have.They keep using i because it is EASY to design a game around it,so cheaper,lazier design,let's go sell it.

Even if a game tries to cover all bases,you can bet several areas will be done half assed.
    I can tell you right now ,not one single game has an ECO system and that should be one of the first basic designs for a role playing world.Housing is still a half assed idea in games.

I feel the genre is just way too costly to make a triple A game,so all i expect until the day i die is mediocre average run of the mill clone/copies that we see right now only with even more crazy,silly,dumb ideas that do not "make sense".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    AAA MMORPG... It might once stood for greatness but now it's just like someone's stuttering.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Viper482 said:

yay!!!

I watched it too.  And the funny thing is, I saw something completely different.   I saw the game that all the hardcores around here have been asking for for years.

Open world PvP.  
    Ship and city building.
    Housing.

That's just what I saw at first glance.   As for the 2004 graphics, yea I saw them too, but that's the price you pay to get all of the above.   Sure Black Desert graphics would be an improvement, but how much would that affect gameplay??  Not much IMO.

I have said it before, and the video even says it.  This is what gamers have asked for.  It's not perfect but unless people support these efforts despite the flaws, then how many more times will we even see it attempted?

I think the biggest mistake here, was to put the Darkfall name on it.   Too many negative connotations from that.    Anyway if Kyleran is having a hoot playing old school DAoC, I fail to see why a good chunk of the sandbox crowd could not not find something to like here.

Are there so many sandbox games out there that we can afford to just casually dismiss them?  And I think this is AAA for this type of game, because really, what are the choices?  

Everything sounds good except for the pvp and full loot part.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited March 2017
    Why da fook don't we have any new info for New World?!!
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    BruceYee said:
    Why da fook don't we have any new info for New World?!!
    Because when you have money you can afford to keep your ideas a secret.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Dragon Quest 10! Make it happen Nintendo, my Switch is ready! Ohh you rumors...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616

yay!!!

Cmon I love Darkfall and praise it for what it was, but don't even begin to claim DFO was ever AAA, or the after school developers with their own studio who didn't do anything except QoL changes to the game and plan on launching already. I'll be playing at launch, but for how long is up for grabs since there is nothing new added to the game(I don't consider loot dropping new).

MurderHerd

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

yay!!!

Cmon I love Darkfall and praise it for what it was, but don't even begin to claim DFO was ever AAA, or the after school developers with their own studio who didn't do anything except QoL changes to the game and plan on launching already. I'll be playing at launch, but for how long is up for grabs since there is nothing new added to the game(I don't consider loot dropping new).
    Guess it might depend on what you consider to be AAA....

People's definitions differ so I guess there are more than one...

No it is not only a game that millions have been invested into full of fluff and crap and heavily marketed by a major game company....

"IDGA defines AAA titles as those ranking among the top 5 titles based on unit sales of the year." - Video Game Basics
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/248188/what-does-aaa-mean#j7Q1uC7RyDMIAc0b.99

When Darkfall was released, too many people wanted to play than what the game could handle at the time. It was not ready and will always leave a bitter reputation because of the failed launch and rage quitters and the companys inability to provide a game that even worked.... but WOW was it populated! I've never before that seen so many people on one screen in a world so big. At first every siege crashed the game for everyone because of thousands of people trying to attend. There was an 8 hour queue to log in for the first couple months or some such ridiculousness..

Since then, the game has been rereleased and maintained... worked on, thought of, talked about, etc. for long enough that it makes it as good of a game as one that a company put millions of dollars into.

The game was rated best on this site and others quite a few times well after the failed launch, chosen by voters. If you go to their forums right now you will see that it is busy and people are probably more active there than they are on this website. A new person joins often and it seems to be cleaner and managed better than ever.

I've been playing Darkfall for what?? 8 years now? Holy crap... well I have taken breaks, of course, but fact remains that there is a chance this will be the funnest launch for me yet!

I'm still trying to find a better game. FML

If that is not worth mentioning when people look upon the horizon than I don't know what is... as far as MMORPGs go, this is about as good as it gets, sad as it is.... but there have been some great games and times to be had.

EQ... even WOW... UO... so many MMORPGs... and you know what? Pretty much all of them are ignored by most gamers. You know as well as I do, it would be stupid to miss this launch!

May 5th... wooot!! : D

What would you rather be rereleased?? AION? SWTOR?? hahaha and those were considered AAA games.
    /sigh

vanguard... swg.. guild wars... quite a few others.. would be awesome if they expanded upon! In my dreams but nope, can't get everything I want and MMORPGs are just temporary... will die and feel like a part of you died with it. Its inevitable.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Viper482 said:

Open world PvP.  
    Ship and city building.
    Housing.

Everything sounds good except for the pvp and full loot part.
    This game has no marketing.... its word of mouth only.

You are worried about PVP and full-loot? My new GF just bought the game yesterday and we already went on a dungeon crawl and I showed her how crafting worked. We had a lot of fun! Just me and her, nobody else. At first she had a very hard time walking around and doing anything but she caught on pretty fast and didn't die! I was surprised how much easier it is for new players now. I know she is going to love it and I seriously doubt she will ever be into PVP. I had another GF that I played this game with for years and she absolutely loved it! Played it by herself often while I was at work even and never turned back to WOW ever again. She did not PVP... she did not die enough for full-loot to matter either. She only died like once a week once she learned the ropes when the server was most busy. The world is very big.. and PVP can easily be avoided if you don't want it. I think she would just log off when there was 'load lag'... kind of lame but meh at least she was happy. There are other tricks you can pull to avoid PVP or get away when jumped.

People in my clan/guild are not all into PVP either... few other girls playing with us too.

Just saying... its only 19$ right now for beta access and first 30 days after launch. Definitely worth it! Especially if you have never played it. There isn't gankers around every corner and griefers like there used to be. Everyone seems pretty nice for the most part. Definitely more carebear than it used to be but you can still be evil if you want to be! I doubt there will be much noob PVP what with the recent alignment changes.... most people will want to be able to access the major starter cities at first until they build their clan cities, and when you do come across PVP, it will most likely be a racial war because there are heavier disadvantages being red at launch.... I'm hoping that it will have more PVP than that to be honest. The end game is the funnest though so long as there is PVP to be found but it will be awhile before people are ready for that. There is always a reason to PVE no matter how long you play though so if that is your thing you might enjoy this game more than someone playing it for the PVP. Totally possible. Its been done.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA