Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible game/ 8.6 rating is fake > 3.8 would be appropriate

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
edited March 2017 in Black Desert Online
i just played this stuttering , horrible looking game with the worst GUI possible for 1 whole day and just had the best feeling about this game when i removed it from my computer :dizzy:

OMG! how can someone enjoy this ? truly ?

I played a Tamer girly child character which i truly hated because there was no male version of this class to level 20 just to see how the pets are. Once i had this black animal i removed the game from my computer....

Nothing in this game really works smooth. 

The whole time i was playing i had a bad feeling about the stupid overbright and salad like grafic engine...

run run run auto run.... from quest to quest.

The Camera doest have a Auto-behind function which forced me to correct it manually all the time while running....

Maybe Asians like this kind of game but i regret every second i wasted on this crap.

48GB downloaded for nothing but a horrible experience.......

(if there are some fanbois starting to bash me here,  please dont trust them if you havent played this game yet, they are fake like the 8.6 rating is)

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited March 2017
    I felt the same way OP. 

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Game stutters? Game runs smooth as butter for me.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Did you try to do any of the trading between areas. Have you managed to hire any workers and started doing any of the crafting. Have you tried to breed horses. Have you started .... you know what I won't bother. 

Recore said:
    I felt the same way OP. 

I see what you did there very clever I applaud you.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I am just mad about myself that i wasnt here on the forums before i downloaded 48GB....
    4 hours download and i expected an awesome game.....
    what i got was not even worth 5 mins of download.

Even Drakensang online is better..

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    At least you have it a try.  I prefer rants by people who actually tried, than the rants by people who haven't.

I self identify as a monkey.

kitarad said:
    Did you try to do any of the trading between areas. Have you managed to hire any workers and started doing any of the crafting. Have you tried to breed horses. Have you started .... you know what I won't bother. 
    you must be kidding me right ??? Why should i try anything else ????
    This game is horrible
    I dont want to trade or hire anything :D

The basic functions of this game like combat, movement, GUI and grafic settings are already so bad that i dont even want to spend 5 mins more on it.

I am sorry to say you're mistaken but since you seem very convinced on your brief and quite uneventful game experience who am I to say anything.

However you should not try to pass off what you're saying as anything but peculiar to your own very brief experience with the game. 

People who do not play a game and experience all the game has to offer should not be counted upon to give a review worth reading.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited March 2017
    @Goromhir How many hours did you put in for interest's sake? A single day's experience seems a bit small considering that most of the main features unveil themselves after a pretty good amount of time.

For the record, I don't care for BDO myself and don't play it, but only because I don't like its combat style and micromanagement. :D I played for several weeks and that was good enough. That it appeals to many, many people and, as in your case, not to others is pretty typical. A 3.6 to you is an 8.6 to others. Oh well! Vive la difference!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited March 2017
    mgilbrtsn said:
    At least you have it a try.  I prefer rants by people who actually tried, than the rants by people who haven't.
    I don't believe him for one instant it seems to be a pattern here to attack Black Desert Online and pretending to play a game and then just spouting some stuff about the game just so that they can start another thread to invite others to come here and start a little love fest where they criticize and belittle others who play it and condemn and question their intelligence among other fun activities. Just watch as the usual suspects turn up in this thread . So no I thoroughly agree with Recore.

I think the OP is right and I was wrong to question him.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    edited March 2017
    Goromhir said:
    I am just mad about myself that i wasnt here on the forums before i downloaded 48GB....
    4 hours download and i expected an awesome game.....
    what i got was not even worth 5 mins of download.

Even Drakensang online is better..

Have you considered leaving a game to download overnight or while you're at work or school?  That makes the download time basically irrelevant so long as it stays inside of several hours.  If you're sitting there watching the game download, you're doing it wrong.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I have been playing for a week, no level 20's yet, not too bad a game.  Really still learning the game.  I think this is a game that you need to spend some time in to get a feel whether you like it or not.   Playing it to level 20 on one character means you have really not spend much time on the game at all, hence your opinion is certainly biased to a first impression.  There is too much depth here to evaluate it so fast.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    kitarad said:
    I am sorry to say you're mistaken but since you seem very convinced on your brief and quite uneventful game experience who am I to say anything.

However you should not try to pass off what you're saying as anything but peculiar to your own very brief experience with the game. 

People who do not play a game and experience all the game has to offer should not be counted upon to give a review worth reading.
    Sometimes 1st impressions are a lasting one. You shouldn't have to play a game x and x hours to know if you like the game or not. There have been games I have tried, disliked and stopped playing them after a few hours due to various factors.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Goromhir said:
    kitarad said:
    you must be kidding me right ??? Why should i try anything else ????
    This game is horrible
    I dont want to trade or hire anything :D

The basic functions of this game like combat, movement, GUI and grafic settings are already so bad that i dont even want to spend 5 mins more on it.

Then don't?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    edited March 2017
    He's trolling. It's pretty obvious in the context.

I myself feel indifferent about bdo and Idc what someone's opinion is. I'm on and off with the game.

You dont have to do most of the quests. Do whatever you want in this game. Grind, fish, craft, etc.

Pretty sure you can fix the camera.

You can set filters and what not for the graphics if theyre too bright for you.

GUI is fine once you spend a little time with it.

Let alone to say this game isn't smooth? There are numerous upon numerous people who don't have issues with framerate.
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    JakeSim said:
    Game stutters? Game runs smooth as butter for me.
    I've seen the complaint before, some people don't have the hardware to run it properly.

I recall playing it for a few days and did not experience the issues the OP is reporting.

The action combat did not seem to be something I'd enjoy long term so decided to pass. (still suffering the shakes at night from TERA.) ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Agreed, the combat isn't all that great, and I would love a little more flexibility in the classes. So, I don't fight anything. I breed horses, run a network of workers, and do a little farming on the side among other things. Only time I log in my combat char is when there's a guild boss to be done. I like having a choice of what to do when I log in. Combat is only about 1/10 of what the game offers. The other stuff you could've worked with, there's lots of settings to tweak. I have a feeling you just weren't in the mood after watching your download %.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Ive heard even when you remove the game you need to manually remove some tracker in your registry?   Can anyone confirm this?  I remember there was a post on this topic when the game launched.  Has this been fixed or is it still there?
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    While I did not have any performance issues in this game, I truly dislike the game. Combat, auto-run to everywhere, gender locked classes, it all amounted to a very unappealing time for me. I gave it a few days (around 40 hours) tried several toons and in the end just uninstalled. Just not for me.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    OP makes rant post. Preemptively calls any retorts "fake news" before they're made.

Anybody want to bet on country of origin?

All jokes aside, maybe OP should give some background into what they consider is good so readers can observe if it was a good idea to start playing in the first place.

With all the video and information on the game, how did you get this SO wrong (4 hours worth of wrong). I would ask if you have internet but you need it to get in the game so...
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    cant play bdo on a gameboy kid..

ask your parents for a new pc
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Well for those people who don't like the really vibrant color I suggest you go into the options, on the first tab called "Screen" you scroll down almost to the bottom and find the Photo Filter setting. Change this to your taste and it may help your eyes out a little bit.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    LIOKI said:
    Well for those people who don't like the really vibrant color I suggest you go into the options, on the first tab called "Screen" you scroll down almost to the bottom and find the Photo Filter setting. Change this to your taste and it may help your eyes out a little bit.
    Personally I did that and still didn't like the game myself.  Before tinkering with the colors they were way to bright for my taste.  I don't mind others liking it but it isn't for everyone.  Overall I just got bored with the game myself.  I put a week into it and it just didn't click for me.  Taking a break from MMO's and playing ARPG's for a while myself.  Rotating thru Grim Dawn, Marvel Heroes, and Path of Exile till I get the itch to play another MMO.
  • G3NexisG3Nexis Member UncommonPosts: 84
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Back Desert is not really a game that you can grasp in 1 day of playing so I don't really consider him "Giving it a try"

Sounds to me like his computer couldn't handle the game which turned all other experiences to mush.

mgilbrtsn said:
    Back Desert is not really a game that you can grasp in 1 day of playing so I don't really consider him "Giving it a try"

Sounds to me like his computer couldn't handle the game which turned all other experiences to mush.

xeon 1230v3 + gtx1050+16gb + 240gb SSD+ Z97Pro  cant handle this game ?

seriously ??

This games GFX engine is trash not my system....

And even if the game play is smooth the game looks like Italian Salad...