Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not give this project any more money.

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    How can we have any sort of civil discussion if that's the barrier that is put in front of you?
    You're dodging what just happened on this thread to paint me as the villain. Wow...

You gave your "evidence" on the response to the guy asking, it wasn't evidence, it wasn't proven, it was your opinion of what you thought of it, I pointed that out. I just... no words. 

And here is a prime example. I am not dodging anything.

I did not give any evidence, I made a statement. Do you understand the difference between those 2 things?
    You declared my statement as being wrong even without asking for evidence, if you don't understand why that is a problem then I honestly don't know what to say.

I did ask you to stop responding to me.... I would really appreciate it if you would do that.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited March 2017
    I did ask you to stop responding to me.... I would really appreciate it if you would do that.
    A question and request to not get a response on the same post... /okay
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

ConstantineMerus  said >>> Then you're just a forum warrior looking for your 15-minutes of fame, not even a good version of fame. Another pointless whimper. >>>

Dear ConstantineMerus,

Our OP has a recurring behaviour .... trying to get in another thread or three before he gets himself banned (again).  And he considers these bans - according to his own words -  "badges of honor".

Have fun

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Adjuvant1 said:
    MaxBacon said:
    How can we have any sort of civil discussion if that's the barrier that is put in front of you?
    You're dodging what just happened on this thread to play me as the villain. Wow...
    What just happened on this thread? You tried to derail it?

Back to topic.

Give CIG no more money without a finished product.
    What happened is that you once again made a post with a specific agenda and tried to force your views down our throats presenting them as facts. This time however i will give it to you, you tried to provide some proof or whatever counts in your mind as proof. You may want to check your second link though, the one "proving" the rebellion you refer to. Unless the meaning of rebellion has changed recently..
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    MaxBacon said:
    Yet another thread about delays/dates. Now with added propaganda about refunds.

Trying to imply a mass exodus is underway, "OMG many people getting refunds and revolting"; this feels more like fear mongering people into not buying SC and if they did, to get it refunded.

Any evidence that it was a lie (aka they knew at that time that they were saying something false)?
    Nope, this is "my opinion is the fact" type of thread.
    But it is not a bold-faced lie when they say they "hope" is it?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Nope. What you're doing is called character assassination. Sure I've received cumulative infractions for all kinds of things. Many people have. None were labeled "shit-posting SC".

Also I addressed your latter concern in the OP.
    You do realize this is a small forum community as far as active posters go right? We all know what you were banned for, we see it every other month. 
    My most recent, apparently "bannable offense" was this statement...

"You sound scared. I'm actually concerned you will not be ok when you fully realize the truth of this."

I don't know how to prove that to you. I guess you can ask the mods if you care. I've had this discussion before. Nothing I do is anything outside of regular practice by the rest of the rank and file, my position is simply unpopular and railed against by an organized method of reporting by snerts and fanbois.

I can't help that. I'm a prisoner to conscience.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ~ Winston Churchill

I'm proud of my bans I've earned at the hands of you people. They are marks of honor.

If you're a prisoner to your conscience, then why wouldn't you do more research and actually create an objective argument? What's problematic is that you're making unsupported claims from a stance that is not objective.... at all!! Regardless of your education, you're not being objective. There are plenty of people who are extremely educated on subjects which cannot be discussed here, making claims that are all but scientifically-proven to be inaccurate, yet millions still believe. So while I appreciate your snakeoil, I think I'll bide my time and see how things go. Unfortunately, you think you're helping things, but you're actually contributing to the problem. THAT'S why you get banned, not because you're being a positive contributor. 

Why don't you actually go and find the evidence. With the vast number of people apparently getting refunds, there must be a plethora of it out there. Oh? There isn't? Huh!!! Cuz last I heard there was a formal investigation by the DCBA, but that was over a year ago now and..... crickets!! 

I have no problems with being making arguments on a subject, but don't act like you're being objective when you are only presenting a single-sided view. That's literally the opposite of what objective means. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Nope. What you're doing is called character assassination. Sure I've received cumulative infractions for all kinds of things. Many people have. None were labeled "shit-posting SC".

Also I addressed your latter concern in the OP.
    You do realize this is a small forum community as far as active posters go right? We all know what you were banned for, we see it every other month. 
    My most recent, apparently "bannable offense" was this statement...

"You sound scared. I'm actually concerned you will not be ok when you fully realize the truth of this."

I don't know how to prove that to you. I guess you can ask the mods if you care. I've had this discussion before. Nothing I do is anything outside of regular practice by the rest of the rank and file, my position is simply unpopular and railed against by an organized method of reporting by snerts and fanbois.

I can't help that. I'm a prisoner to conscience.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ~ Winston Churchill

I'm proud of my bans I've earned at the hands of you people. They are marks of honor.

When Winston Churchill talked about standing up for something, I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about shit-posting a video game on an mmo forum. Of all the "righteous" crusades to fight for in life, this is the one you chose?
    edited March 2017
    Aethaeryn said:
    But it is not a bold-faced lie when they say they "hope" is it?
    This is SC. Just CIG or anyone there to ever mention the possibility of a feature to happen on the game, will be taken as one 100% confirmed that will happen.

They also learn from getting burnt, and this year he plays safe, locks dates to the production report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report and even admitted the possibility of SQ42 sliding to next year.

Better this way.
    edited March 2017

3.0 is meant to be containing a host of gameplay and yet Brian Chambers is saying they are just starting to put together a gameplay team (Feb 27) 17mins 5secs

3.0 is meant to have the cargo system in place, yet Will Maiden (who is in charge of the cargo system) is saying they are still designing and prototyping it -
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5wpgmv/more_dev_comments_from_spectrum_general_chat/

The room system is an essential part of 3.0 but it is still under development by the LA team - "This will likely have a dependency on the 'room system' being developed in LA...."  https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7516129/#Comment_7516129

If this stuff is nowhere near completion now how could Roberts realistically claim that it was going to be ready for last December.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I don't give money to these projects in general. Ill wait to check out the game after it comes out.

Ill just pull out the popcorn and watch the forum pvp as it almost as good as the upcoming march madness, but not quite. :)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

edited March 2017
    If this stuff is nowhere near completion now how could Roberts realistically claim that it was going to be ready for last December.
    If he was purposely lying... Then was Erin Roberts lying? Was Brian Chambers lying? Was Sean Tracy lying? When they all also claimed 3.0 planned by the end of the year?

Because you can't claim CR lied without claiming they all purposedly lied. 
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    If he was purposely lying... Then was Erin Roberts lying? Was Brian Chambers lying? Was Sean Tracy lying? When they all also claimed 3.0 planned by the end of the year?

I voted you an "insightful" for catching on! Great job!

Yes, they're all on a various spectrum or continuum of dishonesty.

I am not being dishonest. CIG has enough money, more than they said they needed. Give CIG no more money without a finished product!
    edited March 2017
    Adjuvant1 said:
    So your argument is that the CIG higher ups and employees were all lying?

Your argument is that they were not working towards a late-year release of 3.0 and knew that when it was announced?
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    MaxBacon said:

I'm sure he will have no issues in stating they all were lying.

Maybe they actually were? Hell I can't tell anymore. CR has been proven to be such a big blowhard you can't blame anyone for not knowing his true intentions.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Your argument is that they were not working towards a late-year release of 3.0 and knew that when it was announced?

All I see is you trying to deflect by answering a question with a question.

LOL
    MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

I don't honestly believe 3.0 was anything other than a statement "there will be a 3.0" when it was discussed last fall. There's no possible way it could have been.

You didn't even like how I caught out Erillion's argument on page 1 about reneging on "limited availability spaceship.jpgs". It's like you're being lied to so much, all over, you're not even seeing it fly by your eyes.
    edited March 2017
    bartoni33 said:

Maybe they actually were? Hell I can't tell anymore. CR has been proven to be such a big blowhard you can't blame anyone for not knowing his true intentions.
    Maybe they weren't... Maybe they were given one aggressive deadline to rush towards, one that it shown itself not possible to keep up with.

And what shocker would that be?

2.6 itself was meant months before it released, and even when it released they are still today, 3 months after, doing the 2.6.2 to implement features/tech that was to be delivered within the main update.
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:

Maybe they weren't... Maybe they were given one aggressive deadline to rush towards, and then it has shown itself not possible.

And what shocker would that be? 2.6 itself was meant months before it released, and even when it released they are still today, 3 months after, doing the 2.6.2 to implement features that couldn't be implemented on the main release.
    THAT'S A WHOLE LOTTA MAYBE, THERE, MAX!
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:

Maybe they weren't... Maybe they were given one aggressive deadline to rush towards, and then it has shown itself not possible.

And what shocker would that be? 2.6 itself was meant months before it released, and even when it released they are still today, 3 months after, doing the 2.6.2 to implement features that couldn't be implemented on the main release.
    Maybe.

At this point all I can say for sure is that CR needs to step away from the lead role and keep his gob shut.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:

LOL. Yes of course, he thought they could do stuff (which remains in its intial stages 7 months later) in just 3 months, as well as testing it all before rolling it out to backers. Oh man.... most of us were not born yesterday.

2.6.2 is an intermediary to take the sting off not delivering (or even speaking about) 3.0. 
    There's even talk of bringing 2.7 back into play so that people don't get restless and start wondering what the hell CIG is doing and where the hell 3.0 has disappeared to.

bartoni33 said:
    Maybe.

At this point all I can say for sure is that CR needs to step away from the lead role and keep his gob shut.
    He can lead all he wants. The only thing he needs to do is stop giving dates.

And put 3.0 on the production schedule. 

bartoni33 said:
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:

Maybe.

Careful. I said that a long time ago, when I was only slightly perturbed, and even then the usual suspects appeared and flamed my posts into inanity. I cited the fact CR never came CLOSE to finishing Freelancer, it was bought-out and he was "re-assigned" to an "advisory role" (lol), and Microsoft finally "finished" it 2years later, (without CR as lead anything or even "programmer" credited) if you can call it finished. Oh, then all hell broke loose. "HOW DARE YOU INSULT GREAT COMMANDANT ROBERTS! HE IS SAVIOR!".

Maybe you'll get away with saying such things. You're not me.
    "Hey, you were right and I am sorry I said you were wrong. I should have asked and waited for evidence before jumping to conclusions. I will try to avoid doing that in the future!"

About as much chance of seeing the above as we have of getting a real date from Chris Roberts....

edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Maybe.

He can lead all he wants. The only thing he needs to do is stop giving dates.

And put 3.0 on the production schedule. 

But as the leader he obviously feels the need to keep talking/digging holes. The leader is usually the most vocal aspect of a team. His perceived cult of personality is causing him to make all these big presentations just so he can get up in front of people and hear himself talk because he thinks his fans/whales want to hear him. He is a bad leader. He is waaaaaaaaaay too full of himself.

MaxBacon said:
    bartoni33 said:

LOL. Yes of course, he thought they could do stuff (which remains in its intial stages 7 months later) in just 3 months, as well as testing it all before rolling it out to backers. Oh man.... most of us were not born yesterday.

2.6.2 is an intermediary to take the sting off not delivering (or even speaking about) 3.0. 
    There's even talk of bringing 2.7 back into play so that people don't get restless and start wondering what the hell CIG is doing and where the hell 3.0 has disappeared to.

Yup, 2.7. They keep saying it by accident. I can't tell anymore if it is a misunderstood inside joke or what.

This discussion has been closed.