Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not give this project any more money.

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited March 2017
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizens-fps-gameplay-will-be-more-lethal-tha/1100-6433524/

Not even going to quote from it. Read it if you care. Star Marine is nothing like this.

"But it will be!"
    "But it might be!"
    "But in time....!"

There has been time. It's already late and dead on arrival.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    So no, I disagree with your opinion that it is. What they shown on the first SM Demo is by big majority all there, on the released SM laid upon the alpha.

Here is a Red Bull interview with Chris Roberts where he talks about his plans for what Star Marine is going to be - http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331726969794/star-marine-interview-with-chris-roberts

One only has to read the stuff and compare to what we have to see that it is indeed a fragment. It is a clunky janky mess that is no way better than everything out there or a CoD killer or whatever bullshit it is that he comes out with.

edited March 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    So no, I disagree with your opinion that it is. What they shown on the first SM Demo is by big majority all there, on the released SM laid upon the alpha.

Here is a Red Bull interview with Chris Roberts where he talks about his plans for what Star Marine is going to be - http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331726969794/star-marine-interview-with-chris-roberts

One only has to read the stuff and compare to what we have to see that it is indeed a fragment. It is a clunky janky mess that is no way better than everything out there or a CoD killer or whatever bullshit it is that he comes out with.

It's so inconvenient to them that we actually know what we're saying.

Hi-5.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I am asking this with respect, not sarcasm or anything. Why do you care?

Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Adjuvant1 said:
    What? One article that proves that SM is not balanced yet for the that type of gameplay? That would as almost like it is as alpha as the rest of the game.

Big part of one of its missing in-dev features, proper Covers, but that doesn't make it any fraction of it.

Why do you care if you see uninitiated tourists led into an alley and robbed?

That's what I see here with CIG. That's why I care.
    Adjuvant1 said:

Alright let's start with that. How do you help the said tourists? And how would you know they are about to get robbed?

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Adjuvant1 said:

Alright let's start with that. How do you help the said tourists? And how would you know they are about to get robbed?
    Warn them of the past actions of the specific people inhabiting said alley, encourage them to bring a big flashlight and proceed with awareness.

Hey, man, some people like getting taken for a ride. Some people are into that, or getting kicked in... places. I'm not. If you're also not into that, heed my words, proceed with caution.

The "artists" have already enough money, twice as much as what they said was needed (and that margin is large , 80 more million dollars). If they can't do it with this, they were never able.

No more money for CIG. Make them do what they said they'd do.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    MaxBacon said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Give them no more money, hold them to their words.
    What if... Star Citizen's development depends on the constant income of funding? As he so admitted.

Then what you'll get is nothing.
    Then that makes the whole funding campaign a blatant scam lololol.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Adjuvant1 said:

For those not familiar, I am a conscientious objector to the company on the basis or principle.

Aren't you the dude who's been banned multiple times for shit-posting about SC? Also, I'm pretty sure that people are capable of making their own decisions on how to spend their money. Maybe find another crusade?
    Distopia said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Also, don't manipulate the moderators of this forum to met your ends. This forum ignore functionality is not the report function, USE IT!

--'

I prefer not to ignore people. You were reported because by all appearances you are trying to aggravate and incite rather than discuss this in a reasonable way.

If you are not willing to give the benefit of the doubt even when you have been proved wrong just a couple of days ago then there is no reason to discuss this with you any further.

Please refrain from responding to me. Thanks.
    He said you had no evidence and no facts, how in any way is that reportable?
    We are presenting evidence and facts. Here is another.

"In the second section of the video we see Zero-G gunplay, with a push and pull mechanic reminiscent of Hollywood blockbuster Ender's Game."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-star-citizen-fps-called-star-marine

Here is another. Funding goals ended at 65m
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

The company has, to date, "claimed" they've received @145m. 80 million more than requested.

Time to get to work and finish this project.

Give them no more money without a finished product.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited March 2017
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Warn them of the past actions of the specific people inhabiting said alley, encourage them to bring a big flashlight and proceed with awareness.

Hey, man, some people like getting taken for a ride. Some people are into that, or getting kicked in... places. I'm not. If you're also not into that, heed my words, proceed with caution.

The "artists" have already enough money, twice as much as what they said was needed (and that margin is large , 80 more million dollars). If they can't do it with this, they were never able.

There's a big hole in your alleyway analogy. The fact you have known about this ally for the past 3 years, people have told you many times what to expect when you go down that ally, heck there's even a big old sign telling you everything you need to know before entering provided by people in said ally. At that point it's up to YOU if you go down it or not.

The way you make it out to be as if no one knows whats going on with the project

It almost sounds like you're afraid people  won't see the ally the same way you do and will actually like what's down that ally.

Also Max I would ignore as you get a bit to heated over what they say, which in turn takes you off the topic and puts you in the shitter
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Distopia said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Also, don't manipulate the moderators of this forum to met your ends. This forum ignore functionality is not the report function, USE IT!

--'

I prefer not to ignore people. You were reported because by all appearances you are trying to aggravate and incite rather than discuss this in a reasonable way.

If you are not willing to give the benefit of the doubt even when you have been proved wrong just a couple of days ago then there is no reason to discuss this with you any further.

Please refrain from responding to me. Thanks.
    We are presenting evidence and facts. Here is another.

"In the second section of the video we see Zero-G gunplay, with a push and pull mechanic reminiscent of Hollywood blockbuster Ender's Game."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-star-citizen-fps-called-star-marine

Here is another. Funding goals ended at 65m
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

The company has, to date, "claimed" they've received @145m. 80 million more than requested.

Time to get to work and finish this project.

Give them no more money without a finished product.

What you have is innuendo and interpretation, which you have every right to, but don't pretend they're facts of something truly nefarious. That still also doesn't make his post reportable. As he broke no rule. 

BTW LOL at this LOL guy... such great input he adds to discussions. :pleased:

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Adjuvant1 said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Alright fair enough. Now I'm only writing this because I am bored, not because I care about anyone. Hell, maybe I'm not even honest about that. That's the beauty of a FFA forums, eh?

If you really have a goal, which is to eventually cut funds to CIG, to make them do what they said they'd do--you need to put out more on the line, besides assumptions behind a nickname. You have to tell people who you are, why should anyone listen to you, list your facts, dates, interviews, reasons, etc. Do the work. Lookup investigative journalism for clues and learn how it's done. You can't just stop that big of a machine with a few paragraphs. 

If you ain't willing to do that, it means you don't care much. You care very little, almost as little as me. Just a couple of forum posts more, which is meaningless even by my standards. Then you're just a forum warrior looking for your 15-minutes of fame, not even a good version of fame. Another pointless whimper. 

If you're willing to all that, you have my interest. If not, then I'm already bored. 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Adjuvant1 said:

For those not familiar, I am a conscientious objector to the company on the basis or principle.

I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money. I'm warning, from my educated understanding of the project, this is a fleecing of the gaming community, and your money is better spent elsewhere.

Many long-term contributors to the project have become wise to the nefarious practices and are seeking refunds.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/

Many long-term contributors who are not yet seeking refunds are in a process of open rebellion on the official forum.
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/374420/lets-talk-about-3-0-status/p6

The most recent bold-faced lie from the CIG hierarchy was from the fall, when it was stated they "hoped to have 3.0 alpha by the end of the year". This was said as an intentional falsehood to garner additional funding from instilling false hope. The real timeline is closer to late 2017. There's zero way this was not fully known when the statement was made.

The most recent lackluster release of a proof-of-concept was the fps shooter module "Star Marine", two years later than promised, easily exploitable for client-side code, simplistic and unfun, lacking a majority of promised features.

If you're new to this project, you deserve to be warned of the developers' collective ineptitude and tall tales before you make a monetary commitment.

If you're not new to the project, you owe it to yourself a second consideration of the gaslighting, the historical revisionist culture in which you've found yourself immersed.

CIG has enough money, now well over twice what they said they needed, to do what they said they were going to do.

It's time they deliver, no more advertising, no more empty words, no more nonsense.

Tell CIG today you want a finished product before you give them another cent. This is only to your benefit.

Thanks for listening.

Ok, first of all, please explain your education, background, and how you can assert that this is a fleecing of the gaming community. Please feel free to show me the details of each of the projects listed in last weeks list of crowdfunded MMOs and tell me about how they are all on schedule and have not had delays. Also, please feel free to explain to me why their delays are, somehow, more acceptable. Based on your obviously objective and obviously educated position. 

Secondly, please feel free to back up your statement that the 3.0 claims were intentional. I haven't found any evidence of such. Also, again, there have been plenty of projects that I could list here (if I had the room) which made claims of an impending release which were subsequently squashed. 

If you'd like to start a crusade then why not be honest? Delays are not a CIG problem, they are a problem across the board. Also, I would argue that they would NOT finish the game with half their funding because Elite Dangerous has a smaller feature set, over $100 million in funding and is STILL wavering on whether or not certain features will be implemented or not (like multi-crew ships). 

You claim to be educated, but the reality is that we have been blessed with two games (ED and SC) being developed almost in tandem, with similar budgets, and started at almost exactly the same time. Yet, I don't see any sort of comparison, which is sad. If people ACTUALLY wanted to be objective there is plenty that one could do to compare the progress of the two projects on their respective timelines, but it's rarely done. 

I would contend that anyone who is ACTUALLY educated could see right through your facade. Anyone who attempts to make an argument without providing actual compare and contrast or data is simply a snakeoil salesperson. You're doing exactly what you claim that CIG is doing. Sorry!! Fuck! There is not even any proof of this tidal wave of refunds that you make claim about. I even went as far as to email the DCBA and spoke with a case worker who confirmed that there are no open cases regarding CIG, even though one of these people claimed there was, and that they were the one who started it. Hmmmm, capitalist? 

We have a society where information is widely available and significantly more open than in decades past. How can you come up with nothing more concrete than some people posting on forums, or people getting refunds. Fuck, I return things to Wal-mart regularly, doesn't mean that Wal-Mart is fleecing me and doesn't mean that Wal-mart is doomed, lol. 

If you'd like to educate, then educate, because right now you sound like any other preacher standing on the street corner yelling at people as they walk by. You know what I think about those people? Fucking lunatics! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited March 2017
    Herase said:
    Also Max I would ignore as you get a bit to heated over what they say, which in turn takes you off the topic and puts you in the shitter
    Yeah =/ It's like the cold war agents, you can not show emotion.
    Forgrimm said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Aren't you the dude who's been banned multiple times for shit-posting about SC? Also, I'm pretty sure that people are capable of making their own decisions on how to spend their money. Maybe find another crusade?
    Nope. What you're doing is called character assassination. Sure I've received cumulative infractions for all kinds of things. Many people have. None were labeled "shit-posting SC".

Also I addressed your latter concern in the OP.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited March 2017
    Adjuvant1 said:

Nope. What you're doing is called character assassination. Sure I've received cumulative infractions for all kinds of things. Many people have. None were labeled "shit-posting SC".

You do realize this is a small forum community as far as active posters go right? We all know what you were banned for, we see it every other month. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• eruexeeruexe Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Haven't put money in them, I'd rather spend a little more once the game is out than buy it now at possibly a cheaper price but get a non-finished version of the game.

No hate though, it does look and the features look good too but I don't really like spending money anymore on early access or whatever SC is right now.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Distopia said:

I don't think discussing other posters is the right thing to do here, but let's just say that declaring someone as being flat out wrong before even asking for evidence or seeing evidence is not conducive to a good discussion. Do you disagree with that analysis?
    How can we have any sort of civil discussion if that's the barrier that is put in front of you?

Distopia said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

You do realize this is a small forum community as far as active posters go right? We all know what you were banned for, we see it every other month. 
    My most recent, apparently "bannable offense" was this statement...

"You sound scared. I'm actually concerned you will not be ok when you fully realize the truth of this."

I don't know how to prove that to you. I guess you can ask the mods if you care. I've had this discussion before. Nothing I do is anything outside of regular practice by the rest of the rank and file, my position is simply unpopular and railed against by an organized method of reporting by snerts and fanbois.

I can't help that. I'm a prisoner to conscience.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ~ Winston Churchill

I'm proud of my bans I've earned at the hands of you people. They are marks of honor.

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184

Lets have a moment of silence for all the people who gave money to this ............

edited March 2017
    How can we have any sort of civil discussion if that's the barrier that is put in front of you?
    You're dodging what just happened on this thread to paint me as the villain. Wow...

You gave your "evidence" on the response to the guy asking, it wasn't evidence, it wasn't proven, it was your opinion of what you thought of it, I pointed that out. I just... no words. 
    MaxBacon said:
    You're dodging what just happened on this thread to play me as the villain. Wow...
    What just happened on this thread? You tried to derail it?

Back to topic.

Give CIG no more money without a finished product.
    edited March 2017
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Give CIG no more money without a finished product.
    Sure, up to everyone's individual decision to do so or not. The majority doesn't care about space doors, coffee machines or the delays the game had to buy it or not.

What majority cares is a game they can have fun with, and if SC can offer that to them, during the alpha or not, the rest is irrelevant noise. ;)
This discussion has been closed.