Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A New Name For Pantheon?

2»

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    His new name can be po8g34hng839n.  Or did the gold spammers already take it?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited March 2017
    This thread should be locked, its spreading untruth about the game. They are not renaming it. OP misread the newsletter. @MikeB
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    No need to lock the thread.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    They're talking about a character name, not the game's name.
    Yikes. Why isnt this one the last posting in this thread ?

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    They're talking about a character name, not the game's name.
    Yikes. Why isnt this one the last posting in this thread ?

Well, it kind of organically turned into an "Ok, we get that they didn't mean they are changing the name, but we still want to talk about the name" sort of thing. Which I think is fine. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    To be fair the game does have a pretty mediocre name. The fact a name change was so easy to believe says a lot in itself.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    edited March 2017
    Um - mediocre name ? Even if that was true - who cares ? 'Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen' really isnt so bad a game title, and more importantly, its now an established name and it recently had a poll stating its the most anticipated MMO. Thus changing the name NOW would be a bad idea - people would miss the game release because they didnt heard of the name change.

Besides, 'Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen' is a title very much like 'Vanguard: Saga of Heroes'. Is that also a poor name to you ? While its run wasnt so great, Vanguard started with half a million boxes sold.

P.s.: ... I just realized I posted to the thread that I stated is superflous in the first place ... drat.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    It kind of implies to me a continuation of the vanguard theme, since imo the pantheon was the last great content in VG.