Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Legion the best PAID expansion for any MMO?

13»

Comments

• ConsuetudoConsuetudo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Legion is better than WoD, partly because of the clever way they make you keep recycling content, perhaps without your knowledge. However, it's overall pretty boring. It doesn't hold a candle to Burning Crusade.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Guild Wars Eye of the North was the best expansion ever imho
    You got me. GW1 was epic as hell. The best expansions period. GW1 is so vastly better than GW2 its crazy. You had so many skills, different builds, combos of classes. And even the Necromancer in GW1 was epic. The necro in GW2 is stupid. But expansion wise...

GW1 had my favorite expansions of any game. There wasn't one expansion I didn't like in GW1, and they added SO much.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Since I consider City of Villains an expansion to City of Heroes, I definitely think of it as the best expansion of any game to date..

If I were to continue listing some good expansions, I would probably say WoW: Wrath of the Lich King and WoW: Legion..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Legion is better than WoD, partly because of the clever way they make you keep recycling content, perhaps without your knowledge. However, it's overall pretty boring. It doesn't hold a candle to Burning Crusade.
    too bad there isnt a necromancer in legion , but u can play it on D3 soon tm
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Yes, yes and yes. It s held me and my guild for longer then any x pac yet, and we still want to log in.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited March 2017
    City of Heroes 'City of Villains' expansion was the best for how much it remade a game the way it should have been and added tons of content.

***ADDED AS AN EDIT***

City of Villains was a standalone game rather than an expansion, but you could buy CoV and add it to your City of Heroes account as an expansion pack.  90% of sold CoV boxes were added to an existing CoH account, so no matter what it was designed for, it ended up being an expansion.

***END EDIT***

Not far behind was one of the best expansions for any game ever - Orsinium for Elder Scrolls Online.
    Post edited by GladDog on

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Legion is by a significant margin the worst of the expansions.  More people have quit playing Wow under Legion than any other expansion.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    edited March 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    Legion is by a significant margin the worst of the expansions.  More people have quit playing Wow under Legion than any other expansion.

You are by no far stretch a moron if you think that. Or you have no clue what you re talking about. The game is very active , and guaranteed not losing the people you say it is, for a person not even playing.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I got so bored of Legion so quickly.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    It's good. I enjoy playing it, and it did bring me back to WoW after a long lapse from Cata/Panda/Draenor

The best? Eh... I don't even think it was the best of the WoW series, let alone the best of any paid xpac.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    No, Burning Crusade and Wrath were both superior, not to mention other games.
  • Kunai_VaxKunai_Vax Member RarePosts: 527
    Soki123 said:
    Ozmodan said:

You are by no far stretch a moron if you think that. Or you have no clue what you re talking about. The game is very active , and guaranteed not losing the people you say it is, for a person not even playing.
    70% drop in player activity within 6 months of the release of the expac. Can the other WoW expacs claim that too ?
    He didnt say the game isnt active. 
    Maybe YOU should check the facts before you guarantee its not losing people like Ozmodan says. 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think the best expansion was when SWG added housing and player run cities.  I loved Legion, and played it a lot but wasn't worth renewing my sub.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Guild Wars Eye of the North was the best expansion ever imho
     I would say Nightfall, probably the largest content wise, loads of new mechanics and overall very fun to play.

In any case, Legion ain't close and to be honest is it not even Wows best expansion, far from it. It was probably better then the last Wow expansion though. 

I dunno what Blizz is doing anymore, 2 weeks after an expansion releases the majority of the players think it is the best ever. 6 months later some still think it's great but most seems to see it as neither good nor bad. 6 months before next expansion the majority seems to dislike it, been like this since MoP. Of course one might say it's been like that since Kaplan left as well and that might be close to the problem.

MMO expansions need to pace the content better, they are supposed to last 2 years or so and then you can't have the players complete most of the fun content in a few short weeks, many player will just quit and stay away until next expansion that way. Compare it with TBC, that expansion lasted far longer and the majority of the players still liked it just before the release of Wotlk.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Ozmodan said:
    Source?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    GW1 is still running and has a decent population last I checked, but it has been awhile.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey