Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok, i did it. I went of in random directions to check how actually populated the world is.

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Worried about some reports that the whole game is just "story quest" and few daily dungeons. I went in random direction as one off the commenters suggested.

What I found is for sure one of most beautiful world designed in MMO. BUT COMPLETELY EMPTY !!!

Whole cities, huge above ground structures, meticulously designed areas EMPTY.

Like complete meticulously designed city - EMPTY. No Mobs no NPC, no quest givers - NOTHING.

I really dont know what happened to this game. Why did they spend huge money and time for artists to design some of most beautiful landscapes, with no loading screens. And simply leave them empty and pointless ?

Did the game run out of founds ? Are they planing to populate this later ?

In any case If anyone is wondering - the rumors were true. There is no world in this game. Just small backdrop of mobs and NPC around the story quests.

This was enough for me to say "what a shame" and leave this game that was really promising to me...

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Reminds me of some of Vanguard areas but these were mostly in the wilds, not actual cities. Sounds like they haven't quite finished the game yet.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Try reading the leveling advice in the New Player guide in this forum. Will provide guidance on what you should be doing at level 20 and beyond.

Exploring the large open world isn't really mentioned.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246
    must be the server u r on, I hated so many people everywhere lol
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    maybe ya need t follow the story line and those towns don't get populated with npc's til ya actually get to em?  I dunno, just a thought, maybe not
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Well, you got farther than me.

--- Question marks over NPC's heads. Strike one.

--- Character customization that isn't really customization at all since all characters wind up looking like 14-year old girls. Strike two.

--- A launcher that tries to push me toward other games. Strike three.

And it's outta the ballpark!!!

Uninstall.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited March 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    I wonder what would happen if I wandered deep into the White Sands desert just north from where I live. I mean, beautiful landscape with mountains and no one is out there. No vendors selling stuff, no tour guides, not even any animals. I guess Revelation Online is just like the real world sometimes.
    Really?

Unless this game is a post apocalyptic game. Entire cities should NOT be empty when the player gets there. if there are huge designed areas, they should be filled when people get there. I have NEVER played an MMO where the entire world is empty (even Vanguard cities had life, but it still felt kinda barren) when you explored out of the linear "invisible wall" guided tour area.

I have no idea why anyone thinks this is okay in this thread...like wtf...has the MMO genre gotten so bad that this passes off as acceptable?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Rhoklaw said:
    I wonder what would happen if I wandered deep into the White Sands desert just north from where I live. I mean, beautiful landscape with mountains and no one is out there. No vendors selling stuff, no tour guides, not even any animals. I guess Revelation Online is just like the real world sometimes.
    Really?

Unless this game is a post apocalyptic game. Entire cities should NOT be empty when the player gets there. if there are huge designed areas, they should be filled when people get there. I have NEVER played an MMO where the entire world is empty (even Vanguard cities had life, but it still felt kinda barren) when you explored out of the linear "invisible wall" guided tour area.

I have no idea why anyone thinks this is okay in this thread...like wtf...has the MMO genre gotten so bad that this passes off as acceptable?

Well it is beta, so they still have time to add NPCs so its not something that is completely in stone.  I've run into some games before that had this issue in beta.  Well once or twice.  So its not unheard of.  If this happens after the game has "gone live" then that is not acceptable.  I uninstalled the game because of its dated look.  its old gen looks from the archeage, aion, blade & soul era of 3-5 years ago.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    time007 said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Really?

Well it is beta, so they still have time to add NPCs so its not something that is completely in stone.  I've run into some games before that had this issue in beta.  Well once or twice.  So its not unheard of.  If this happens after the game has "gone live" then that is not acceptable.  I uninstalled the game because of its dated look.  its old gen looks from the archeage, aion, blade & soul era of 3-5 years ago.
    Ah, so you are playing all of the next gen MMORPG's with state of the art 2017 graphics eh?

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited March 2017
    I think the problem is not the graphics itself, but how they use their assets, so uninspired and poorly designed, the characters feels generic even with all the fancy customization sliders. You either create a teenager girl no matter what, even if you are creating a male character... or you abuse the sliders and create abominations. This also applies to Blade & Soul IMO.

Also I've read that they stole some models/animations from other MMOs and just changed it slightly, I don't know if that is true.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Waste of money LOL... 

Do a charge back asap get your funds back game not delivered as promised software that doesn't work.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Rhoklaw said:
    Renoaku said:
    Waste of money LOL... 

Do a charge back asap get your funds back game not delivered as promised software that doesn't work.
    Pssst, this game is F2P.
    Not for those who bought founders packs I didn't but some did.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Well, you got farther than me.

--- Question marks over NPC's heads. Strike one.

--- Character customization that isn't really customization at all since all characters wind up looking like 14-year old girls. Strike two.

--- A launcher that tries to push me toward other games. Strike three.

And it's outta the ballpark!!!

Uninstall.
    I made it a step further than that unfortunately. I made it to a quest that led me into a "hot spring" where all characters were 90% naked. Including those 14 year old girl characters. And that is sadly over shooting it, a lot of characters look more like 11-12 year old girls. I am all for half naked over-sexualized females in games. But this was genuinely disturbing... I really wanted the game to be good.. Castle sieges/GVG sounded like my cup of tea being a die hard Lineage 2 player. But its a steaming pile of shit.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited March 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Waste of money LOL... 

People actually paid money? I was able to determine the game is shit for free.

EDIT: Maybe not completely free. They now have my email address. Searched their site for "delete my account" but...nothing. Shocking.

It's going to take an act of God to get my life untangled from theirs, I just know it... :-(