Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game the usual Asian stuff?

DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
Against all previous experience, I am tempted give BDO a try, but fear the game will have the usual Asian vibe going on.  You know what I mean...  Mobs with the same synchronized moves in combat like they're line-dancers, pinball-mating-with-a-Christmas-tree light show during combat (and indeed anywhere/everywhere else!), characters shrieking like chimps in heat as they fight, gigantic melee weapons and/or leaping around in combat like a frog on steroids?

Comments

• redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    You've done with words, the very thing that you fear as a visual.

Yes, the game is flashy.  Maybe not as flashy as your depictions.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Dibdabs said:
    Against all previous experience, I am tempted give BDO a try, but fear the game will have the usual Asian vibe going on.  You know what I mean...  Mobs with the same synchronized moves in combat like they're line-dancers, pinball-mating-with-a-Christmas-tree light show during combat (and indeed anywhere/everywhere else!), characters shrieking like chimps in heat as they fight, gigantic melee weapons and/or leaping around in combat like a frog on steroids?
    You can actually turn off the light effects from you and/or people around you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WSHwHuvP-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIwDITHRr5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHav_FEI0K8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuatPYOtbS4

etc
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited March 2017
    That being said, if you have time to dedicate to the game and are ok with a bit of a learning curve, I think the game is pretty good.  I played for a while and enjoyed it but don't have time to dedicate to it.  
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Here's some seizure inducing PVP for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVhvlA5emwY
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Yes it is OP. 

Keep moving, nothing to see here. 
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Thanks for saving me the trouble of downloading it.  :D 
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    It is one of the more popular MMO's out right now and you can't even be bothered to download it and try it?

Yea maybe you won't like like it because of what you stated, but at least you will know what you are missing.

One of my best games was one that I was sure I would not like but I thought what the hell, nothing to lose except some time.   Boy, sure glad I did.

Same goes for a lot of things in life, but hey, if you don't know what you are missing you won't miss it I guess.

But what if.......?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Yes, it is a typical asian game.

However imo it would be foolish to give the game a pass just because of single attribute about the game. In games, it is details and the game as a whole that matters.
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    the game has a steep learning curve an if you have a short attention span or need to be told what to do it not worth your time but if you don't mind their lot to do in game an it a lot of fun overall. you can try it for free or pay $10 to own it, which is more then a fair price for what it offers.

Aori said:
    Gdemami said: by

However imo it would be foolish to give the game a pass just because of single attribute about the game. In games, it is details and the game as a whole that matters.
    How is it a typical asian game? If this was made by a western studio no one would say a word about it and would probably do better just on that fact alone.
    Have you played the game?  It's the definition of "typical Asian game"
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    Gdemami said: by

How is it a typical asian game? If this was made by a western studio no one would say a word about it and would probably do better just on that fact alone.
    Have you played the game?  It's the definition of "typical Asian game"
    Explain to me what a typical Asian game is.
    Well, pretty much everything the op said he wasn't looking for, of course it needs to be developed in Asia.  Oh and Grindy as fuck, yeah, that's important.  So yeah, pretty much everything black desert is.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    A nice game if you are not into flashy graphics is Vindictus. It has some flash, but the characters are much more weighted and combat is a bit slower paced.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It is one of the more popular MMO's out right now and you can't even be bothered to download it and try it?

Yea maybe you won't like like it because of what you stated, but at least you will know what you are missing.

One of my best games was one that I was sure I would not like but I thought what the hell, nothing to lose except some time.   Boy, sure glad I did.

Same goes for a lot of things in life, but hey, if you don't know what you are missing you won't miss it I guess.

But what if.......?
    I don't think he was actually ever really interested.

This thread was just to make a snippy comment about the game. :pleased:

How original of him.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Short answer YES!
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    That's a big YES Op.  You described the game near perfectly.  A load of flash, bangs, unintelligible talk and babes with very large wobbly trolleys.
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Have they improved the poor english language localization yet? The grammar was atrocious and sounded like it was translated using google translate. Actually, Google translate probably would have done a better job. As one who actually reads dialogue and quest text, I found this game unplayable. It was difficult to even follow most of the conversations. Aside from that, I was not a fan of the combat. Kudos to those that enjoy this game, but it was not for me. I tried, I really did try. It's a pretty game but that's about it.
  • CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264
    I don't mind the traditional Asian games such as FFXIV,  at least you can understand what's being said in that game.  It's these new Asian games were your hero is wearing a G-string and holds a sword the size of a planet.  Your powers are unlimited and extremely daft. You can zap here, and wiz there, you can break mountains with your teeth and dispatch a whole army of dragons by flashing your boobs/ hairy chest.  
    Games like that just make me want to hurl in my silver flying boots.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Aori said:
    Asian art, combat, heavy rng crafting, mob grinding and overall focus on grind, lower quality compared to west titles, etc.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    DMKano said:
    Typical asain game..... umm what?

LOL, don't be obtuse, you know exactly what he means, seems most everyone else in this thread does.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Crosswire said:
    I don't mind the traditional Asian games such as FFXIV,  at least you can understand what's being said in that game.  It's these new Asian games were your hero is wearing a G-string and holds a sword the size of a planet.  Your powers are unlimited and extremely daft. You can zap here, and wiz there, you can break mountains with your teeth and dispatch a whole army of dragons by flashing your boobs/ hairy chest.  
    Games like that just make me want to hurl in my silver flying boots.
    Japanese games might have some similarities in art styles, but from a quality and playing perspective IMO they tend to be a cut above games developed elsewhere in Asia.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

jimmywolf said:
    the game has a steep learning curve an if you have a short attention span or need to be told what to do it not worth your time but if you don't mind their lot to do in game an it a lot of fun overall. you can try it for free or pay $10 to own it, which is more then a fair price for what it offers.
    This comment is only made by people who have never played a MMO more complex than WOW and have no real concept of what a steep learning curve really is.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    yes it is OP , and Hellen Keller could literally PVE this game , some of the worst PVE i have ever experienced..............
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Kyleran said:
    jimmywolf said:
    This comment is only made by people who have never played a MMO more complex than WOW and have no real concept of what a steep learning curve really is.

Why, are you comparing it to EVE easy learning curve?"ROFL" How did you come up with that assumption? The game is highly packed with players..What your in game name and lets hook up.Oh wait, do you even own Black Desert?

I retired retroactively..Haha

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    jimmywolf said:

If you just ignore everything except killing mobs I guess its pretty straight forward, but there is a lot to learn if you want to delve into its crafting/farming and trading/node systems: definitely more than any other mmo I have played (I haven't played Eve, but I've played a few others apart from WoW ;)).

In terms of the OP's question, it has all the flashy combat and skimpy female clothing you'd expect from an Asian mmo, but it does have an interesting and pretty deep crafting/trading system and it does a lot of things quite differently than other mmos.