Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed Run: PAX East 2017 Demo (Pre-Alpha Build) - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageSpeed Run: PAX East 2017 Demo (Pre-Alpha Build) - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

Chronicles of Elyria just posted a spreed run of their PAX East 2017 demo, set to be shown to the public in a few short days. Take a look at the parkour and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981
    Wow.. I had heard the complaints, but now that I actually see that...

OK I guess we can agree that they have a LONG LONG way to go.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

What are the complaints about?
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

Leiloni said:

What are the complaints about?

That people can't play it yet of course. Why else would people bitch? This game looks better with each passing day and i'm eagerly awaiting for it to release so I can enjoy the f*ck out of it.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    That's actually not bad for an indy mmo. If they are showing this at PAX I'll be able to check it out.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The environment looks good. Not do much anything else
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited March 2017
    I don't see anything to complain about. It shows a lot of progress since last year's PAX gameplay video, and the game is still far from launch. It's just some of the parkour animation and character controls that need more tweaking -- certainly nothing to be concerned about at this stage in development.
    --------------------------------------------
  • KeltazurKeltazur Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Looks like Tomb Raider too me lol.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited March 2017
    I am really liking the climbing and such. The animations all around seem like they need to be smoothed out/improved, and the jumping around while climbing looks to be a bit clunky, but it's a pretty good start.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Yikes, Ashes looks like its further along the track than this....
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited March 2017
    We all inherited the ability of future sight when it comes to MMOs by now. Come on now for 7 active years ( and I tend to think myself as a mid-ager here since many people obtained 10+years badge ) people have been witnessing many games evolving through beta to release.

I have compared this alpha with many alphas in mind. I think this one has potential to become a great game if it stays clean from the overhype plague.

I yearn for flourishing of new games while we only have crap available to us.

Get !! Finish the damn thing before I get 2 children and slip away to oblivion for good.

beLIEve

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Feels like Tomb raider the MMO. A very odd choice for showing characters in the world and if this is the type of things they put their energy on much else will end up lacking.

What they show looks like something they have worked 9 months on and not something that can be released as a full fledged mmorpg in 9 months.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Azrael_AntaryonAzrael_Antaryon Member UncommonPosts: 40
    The environment looks amazing for an mmo, the sword sounds are obvious placeholders, but the music is great too. Also they are actually further along then I expected in regards to parkour already. the combat movements look good for this early stage. Everything needs a bit of polish, but this is pre-alpha, so that is obviously expected too.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    :|
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    looks good to me for pre-alpha, I have nothing bad to say about it. I wish them all the very best of luck in a project that actually has real originality unlike the majority of MMO's out there in-development.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Looks alright to me.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Arpg's=speed runs
    Immersive rpg\s do not ever think of speed runs.I can't stand anything arpg related in my mmorpg.

Why is there even a thought of a speed run?If i was immersed in a living world,i might like to explore that mine but speed run,gah dumb idea.

So this tells me the developer like so many others ,when comes to designing an immersive mmo+rpg ...they don't "get it".

I really don\t care if it just to show some of the game,the premise is there that the game direction will be a fail.Instead this developer should show the immersive or ROLE playing aspect of the game.As well where is MMO feel, this is a single player just running around showing us the climb ability.
    So what i can tell so far is the ONLY reason for a MMO,is the login screen to reinforce cash shop and to pvp no other immersive reason for being an mmo.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScottB2JScottB2J Member UncommonPosts: 26
    This looks pretty bad. How long has CoE been in development? Two years? 

Ashes of Creation has been in development for half that time and looks 30 times better. 

ugh. 
  • ScottB2JScottB2J Member UncommonPosts: 26
    @SedrynTyros ;

yea. They began development in feb 2016 according to Steven their Founder/Creative Director. 

Anyways, I hope CoE learns from Ashes, they need to step up their game. 
  • redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Ok, I'm a fan of CoE and their plans for the game but honestly this looks like a much different play style than what I envisioned.  This seems like it would work better as a single player game.  
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,981
    Ok, I'm a fan of CoE and their plans for the game but honestly this looks like a much different play style than what I envisioned.  This seems like it would work better as a single player game.  
    Nobody would play $10,000 to be a King in a single player game...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 112
    edited March 2017
    Why is this parkour thing such a big deal for this game anyway? Are they just trying to catch some of the hype that has come with games like Black Desert Online and the Assassin's Creed games?

I know typical MMO's make characters heroic because people want to be badasses, but I got the impression CoE was taking a more realistic approach, mostly exemplified by the almost complete lack of magic in the game. Why is this character able to perform feats of parkour that would make even the most elite of American Ninja warriors cry?
  • chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Isn't this game supposed to have character aging and permadeath? Either which would cause me never to touch this game. :( The parkor is awesome though. I wish more games would incorporate it. Nothing breaks immersion more for me than invisible walls and not being able to climb up ladders etc.
  • PapasmervPapasmerv Member UncommonPosts: 63
    I'm disappointed. I want to see what a king can do after dropping $10K, not some lowly knight in a mine, which you can find in many other games.
    What every dev/pub should stand behind: "We're committed to creating a fair playing field for all players. You cannot gain gameplay advantage by spending real money in [INSERT GAME NAME]."