Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it true this game is empty open world without mobs ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
I really like this game. The open world is breathtaking. I was looking to play old school MMO with open world.

But you start with most obnoxious story line quests - where all you do is press F, Space, over and over and over again. And far between them you get to kill one single mob ( in easy cinematic mode ).

I thought, ok. This is kind of tutorial before REAL MMO starts. But I am lvl 30 now and still led trough this, probably worst story quest I ever seen ( the story is maybe not bad, but YOU NO PLAY mechanic is horrible )

I asked in other forum when the REAL MMO starts, and some people told me that there is no real MMO !

The whole open world is just decoration for those obnoxious story quests - until you reach lvl 60, and than can grind couple of dungeons.

Is this true ?!!!!

Does this game not have mobs, regular mob zones like EQ, WoW, Tera ... etc. ( You know standard MMO )

I feel so cheated as never before in any MMO

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    I gave up after level 10. I still dont know what I played or what I did. Few mouse buttons pressed, few keys and that was it. You just saved me a second try. Level 30 and still no game??? WOW!

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    It appears all there is to do is grind dailies.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i stopped @ level 20..

all you do is press F and space for the quests..

combat is very button smashing..

2/10 for this shit..

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Played about 2-3 hours yesterday. Got to level 19. I have barely killed anything and i've mostly ran between point A->B to talk to people spamming P and Space. I have a head-armour piece but it's not visible (doesn't seem like a thing to have visible head-gear). What is visible tho is the bunny eating a cookie that has established residency on top of my head along with my star-shaped glasses.

I feel like i'm still in the "tutorial" even tho i'm off the "tutorial-island". After enough P and Space-clicking i was given a free horse. The horse runs about as fast as my sprint, but i can pretty much fly anyway so it's not very useful.

You can get a chain of quests that goes something like: Talk to person A -> Talk to person B -> Talk to person C -> Watch an interactive cutscene where you press Space or Shift sometimes -> Talk to person D. You have now levelled up 4 times, have 2 new pieces of armour and a bunch of lootboxes/potions in your bag.

I'll give it one more go and see what happens after i get out of this town - just out of curiosity and desire to see the world they built which is supposedly stunning.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    timtrack said:
    Played about 2-3 hours yesterday. Got to level 19. I have barely killed anything and i've mostly ran between point A->B to talk to people spamming P and Space. I have a head-armour piece but it's not visible (doesn't seem like a thing to have visible head-gear). What is visible tho is the bunny eating a cookie that has established residency on top of my head along with my star-shaped glasses.

I feel like i'm still in the "tutorial" even tho i'm off the "tutorial-island". After enough P and Space-clicking i was given a free horse. The horse runs about as fast as my sprint, but i can pretty much fly anyway so it's not very useful.

You can get a chain of quests that goes something like: Talk to person A -> Talk to person B -> Talk to person C -> Watch an interactive cutscene where you press Space or Shift sometimes -> Talk to person D. You have now levelled up 4 times, have 2 new pieces of armour and a bunch of lootboxes/potions in your bag.

I'll give it one more go and see what happens after i get out of this town - just out of curiosity and desire to see the world they built which is supposedly stunning.
    Take a look at the leveling advice in the New Player Guide in this forum. At level 20 you start with your first dungeon and other activities.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    edited March 2017
    Kyleran said:
    timtrack said:

Take a look at the leveling advice in the New Player Guide in this forum. At level 20 you start with your first dungeon and other activities.
    Well i got to admit that we had a little bit more fun after 20 with the dungeon and those challenge arena-things. But mostly because we could do the dungeon as a 2-man group which actually made it ever so slightly challenging and one of us died once (but could respawn instantly mid-fight so that kind of took away from it).

The world has yet to open up tho and i'm still running from NPC to NPC pressing P and Space at a vigorous rate. I hear you get wings at level 29, maybe it happens then.

So, I'm not giving up yet.
  • Tino77Tino77 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Barren indeed. Was planning to do some exploring when i got those wings and this was, eventually, the result. Wasn't even that far away from the main city/hub.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Tino77 said:

Barren indeed. Was planning to do some exploring when i got those wings and this was, eventually, the result. Wasn't even that far away from the main city/hub.
    "Texture Not Found" lol.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Tino77 said:

Well that's embarrassing lol.